Academia Moderna 4

Posted February 11, 2014
I think Academia Moderna is a great school. The teachers and staff are dedicated in helping our children.Both of my kids have improved since they started attending this school.

Posted October 17, 2013
I am a proud parent of two students that attend Academia Moderna! We've been with our school for five years, since the beginning and are only growing stronger. My children and I love the teachers and staff. The teachers at Academia Moderna are very much involved with students and parents. Parents are also very involved and we love the fact that teachers are accessible to our needs and concerns. Academia Moderna is a family oriented school. They care for our children as if they were their own. Keep up the good work Academia Moderna!!

Academia Moderna 1

Posted May 09, 2013
In our side view (the parents) here are some facts I ve witnessed about this school: 1. The staff don t have a communication with parents they are rude when parents ask them any questions and are being ignore by the unprofessional staff (I have see in with my own eyes). 2. Why is this information give out to parents in the first place if they are not even sure and test are not being done? What happen to the well growth score for the past 3 years? 3. The IB program just starts it last this school year. I haven t heard it from the BEGINNING since those schools start it 4 years ago with 129 students now days are more than 300. To us parents if a FAIL our kids wasting their time because they haven t learn anything. (report from one of the school staff member in a parents meeting). 4 Foreign language is being a bad experience for students, paying an unprofessional teacher that got fired (reason that the staff know as well as some parents). It has being a bad exposure year for the students once again FAIL. FINALLY Academia Moderna is a school of choice totally agree, that is why I choose not to send our kids back next school. There are much better schools out there!

Academia Moderna 1

Posted May 08, 2013
why erase the Negative comments posted on here by parents? what is it that the school is trying to hide by deleting parent comments of their personal experiences with Academia Moderna?

Posted May 06, 2013
In contrast to what you may read below, here are some facts I've witnessed about this school: 1. The staff work hard to educate our students and communicate with parents. 2. The students HAVE NOT TAKEN the CST tests and have a goal of 900. (A goal that is supposed to challenge students even as growth becomes more difficult as schools get closer to a perfect score). 29 points is only a PREDICTED GROWTH, real scores won't be known until fall. 3. The IB program was a part of the school's charter, so it has been a part of the school's plan FROM THE BEGINNING. It is a process that takes several years to fully implement. It has NOT FAILED, the school is still in the process of implementing the complete program. 4. Foreign language is only one component of the IB program, and this year was an exposure year for our students. Finally, Academia Moderna is a school of choice. We choose to send our children to this school.

Posted April 23, 2013
Academia Moderna has shown great success in the program it offers. They are an 800+ school and offers the International Baccalaureate Program. They are a young school, only in it's 4th year and have already achieved success. They have compassion for the community and families that attend the school. They have been involved in many programs to assist those that have needs. I highly recommend Academia Moderna as an alternative to the area district school that might not serve the needs of your student.

Posted September 22, 2012
MI HIJO ASISTE A LA ACADEMIA MODERNA Y SI A APRENDIDO BASTANTE ME GUSTA ESA ESCUELA

Posted March 18, 2012
I have my 3 kids in this school and they are very advanced for their grade compared to public school. The school has high expectations for the students, which i love. The teachers are very nice and are always in communication with the parents through phone or e-mails. The school requires alot of parent involvement and alot of donations or fundraising, but its well worth it. The staff is nice too. I really hope the school is able to expand into Mddle and high school in the future. The new principle has been doing alot of new things for the students to improve their attendance.

Posted November 19, 2010
My sons attend Academia Moderna. They both love the school as well as I. They have wonderful Teachers that care for their students. The Executive Director really wants the best for the students and the community. The school is driven toward Academics success.

Posted August 29, 2010
My son likes attending Academia Moderna, teachers are great and will work with you. The new principal is very active in the school and always keeping an eye how to improve anything.

Academia Moderna
2410 Broadway, Walnut Park, CA  90255
Last modified Academia Moderna is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academia Moderna Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top