Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted March 15, 2016
My child is a student here and I have to say that it is an excellent school. The principal, staff and teachers are very caring. The community club leadership is very friendly and makes you feel welcomed and wanting to join and participate in community club activities to help the school. There is also really great communication. The community club leadership, always makes it a point to inform families of the events going on at school along with ways to participate if one has time. The principal is also great in keeping parents informed as well. They always have fun fundraising activities. The fundraising may seem like a lot but schools do not have the same budget that they used to and so although it is a public school, help is still needed financially from parents. But the community club always thinks up of fun ways to fundraise as well as to build the school community spirit. They also offer field trips for transitional kindergarten and kindergarten classes which isn't always offered at other elementary schools where field trips may start in the 1st grade. They also have good after school activities. This is just a really good school and we are thankful for our experience here.

Collegewood Elementary School 3

Posted July 02, 2014
A 5th grade teacher said the principal did not allow to print due to budget cut, shortage of ink and papers, but she raised enough money from parents to break down the wall for redoing new kids' titles. At year end, Principal invited parents for "Coffee with the principal", but actually when the problems occurred, meeting with her is just like playing "hide and seek". For the whole year, Principal had to wait for the only day of the 5th grade Graduation Awards Assembly to be absent for her vacation (said a 5th grade teacher). As for that 5th grade teacher, she's no better herself. She's ill-tempered, pretentious,plays favorites. She surely shows her power if the parents or the kids are at her bad side, but for the parents for kids she likes, she is willing to go extra miles to pamper, to make the worst kid to be a star. No wonder this year, Collegewood has lost the title "Distinguished School" to other schools. Office Staff and some other teachers are still nice, but the school is not the same as many years ago. It's getting worse! It's sad when we're leaving too!

Collegewood Elementary School 4

Posted June 10, 2012
The staffs are superb and friendly. Teachers are okay. The math program is great but the English program are average/low. There are many new immigrants drop in during the semester and maybe that's the reason why. Not much of independent thinking, presentation, self-express, or research homework given. The homework are more like repetitive practice for the tests.

Posted May 17, 2010
Excellent!!!! Staff is great! Teachers and parent involvement is super!! I highly recommend this school!

Posted December 23, 2009
As a parent the school is awesome. I have a kinder and 2 third graders. I am an involved parent and love spending my days there helping all the teachers. The staff is very sweet and is amazing with the children. i am greatful that my children were accepted by the DOC. Today I think its more important than ever for children to have a great education and they are getting here at Collegewood. Thanks

Posted December 18, 2009
My daughter was transferred from Walnut Ele. school. too much disappointment there! Finally, we successfully transferred our daughter into this school. She is now first grader. The teacher, Miss. W., is so nice, warm loving, and caring, together with other 3 first grade teachers, they really make a great team. The principal, Mr. Chang, and the office staff are also very nice, always helpful. To me, for a success of a child, a good school with a good principal, good staff is still not enough, we do need good teachers, good kids with all support of the good parents to make everything possible. We are so grateful. Thank you Collegewood for everything. We are so blessed to be here!

Collegewood Elementary School

Posted March 25, 2009
I am a parent at this school and I love it!!! My son just started kinder at this school, but I love the whole school. Mr. Chang is great. He makes sure parents are aware of any situation concerning the school. I would hate to change my son to any other school. In fact I can't wait to put my daughter there.

Posted March 25, 2009
All four of my kids went through this school. They were well taught, but more importantly...they were well loved.

Posted December 22, 2008
I am a student and I love this school! The education is great! I have straight A's since fourth grade!

Posted August 14, 2008
My children used to go to Collegewood. Not only they love the school there, me too! All the people there, the staff, the teachers, the kids... are all so nice. I wish I did not have to transfer them out of there, but we moved to another city which is a great school district too. But, we just miss Collegewood very much!

Collegewood Elementary School
20725 East Collegewood Drive, Walnut Valley, CA  91789-1118
Last modified Collegewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.