Posted November 15, 2014
My son has been attending the Cross Christian School for 2 years and is currently in Kindergarten. Aside from reading well above a first grade level, he can spell very well and has learned to add and subtract double digit numbers. He has learned basic Chinese words, identifies characters and counting to 10, as they offered this to us this yeare were excited to have him learn another language. We can open the Bible together and he can read it to me. That is the best thing about this school, their commitment to for child's spiritual growth as well as academics. The teachers instill patriotic values by pledging allegiance to the flag daily and prayer with bible studies. I could not have chosen a better school for my son to learn at his earliest years. The teachers are very loving and caring and will discipline and correct your child when necessary. But never to a point that is questionable. Sometimes you may hear something that you may not agree with, however I believe that is due to the diversity of cultural backgrounds within the teachers however their intentions are to genuinely educate your child and foster good characteristics in them. The school staff is friendly.

The Cross Christian School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
Bad management, the director doesn't take responsibility. And the principal never show up when you want to talk about your concerns. The cross left children without a teacher supervision and they won't let you know.

Posted August 19, 2013
My son has been in this school 3 years, moving on to his 4th years. He loves the school. Great, clean environment;Teachers are friendly and caring; Terrific academic. My son just started kindergarten, he could read exceptionally well at his age. Most important of all, the value he learned from the school.

Posted April 05, 2013
Not sure why all those negative feedback Obviously those that left negative feedback have not put their kid in any other school in the area before. I have 2 kids and both of my child attend cross christian. I think this is by far one of the Best school in the area. I have try Montessori of Walnut, Brightstar, Kid Junction and Tutor Time and none can even come close. I truly think those parent that leave negative should try other school first before judging. If you kid always get injure than it is the Parent's job to teach to kid not to play too ROUGH. Teacher are there to guide the kid and try to educate them it is Parents job to DISCIPLINE. And Please do your own research. You are paying for the education for you kid Why would you listen to other parent about what is best for you kids. As for as school curriculum I think Cross Christian are excellent about it. Both of my kids excel in language, mathematics, and many other aspect. Their teacher are great. Of course there might be other teacher that might be better but you really have to see if you kids can work with the teacher. Great School, Good Teacher and Ms Pansy is a wonderful director!

The Cross Christian School 3

Posted January 30, 2013
My son and daughter are currently students at this school. Quite frankly, I have mixed feeling of the school. Academically, I'm happy, especially with the teaching of Miss. Gie and Miss Carla. Other than these two teachers, I'm not overall impressed with other teachers. My Son is now in Kindergarden and I can tell his learning mostly came from the Cross, especially with Miss Gie (his preschool teacher). My daugher is not not in preschool, not until next year anyway, so far, I'm not impressed with her current teachers. However, the thought of her switching to Miss Gie's class in a few more months, that's what keeping her at the Cross. Also, for parents that are concerned about school security, this school is lacking of it. On a few occasionaly, I went to pick up my kids, I did not see anyone in the front office nor anywhere near for me to find. This is quite disturbing and I'll bring it up to the principle.

Posted September 10, 2012
I have never seen a school with such a genuine loving atmosphere from all the teachers and staff that makes me feel "at home". I was compelled to write a review, which I do not really do often, because I could not take all the negative bashes by the haters out there( I guess they are competitors of the school) who are spreading false and misleading rumors about the school. But truly, you could never put a good school down.

Posted April 26, 2012
My son is 3 years old and he learned a lot from this school. The teachers are all caring and are highly qualified, with Bachelor's degree, and some even have Master's degree. The most important thing is the love and care that they shower the students, and they learn things both traditional and montessori way. I would highly recommend the school!

Posted March 07, 2012
My son has been in this school for the last three years. I have my share of ups and downs with the school. This school may not be suitable for your child if you do not like structure and your child is not that smart. I love the Christian enviroment and how the teachers instill valuable ethics in our children. Academics wise, it is well known for their higher standard and this is where alot of parents who wants their children to have the "normal" childhood would be in conflict. The teachers have high expectations of the children and believes every child can suceed. I was once a parent who thought my child will not be able to "survive" in this enviroment but I was wrong. It took a short while but he settled in and is excelling in both Math and English beyond his grade level. Last but not least, I want to mention that I am thankful that Cross has been a very very flexible school accomodating as much requests as they can from parents. They are also open almost all days without too many holidays (a plus to working parents).

Posted July 23, 2011
This is the best school that I found in Walnut and Diamond bar area! That academic standars are one year above public schools. My daugther was at the cross for 3 year before she went to public school. She was, and still on top of her school grade. She got a medal for be the best reader, and a diploma for math. My 4 yrs. son is at the cross for 2 years, He reads his books by him self, he knows how to spell alot of words, he adds and subtrac , he can read the clock, and he knows the money values. At kinder teachers will teachers will teach place value, fractions, measurement, add and subtract money and more. My kids just like the other students at the cross are very smart. About religion, one bilble story for30 min. is not alot, but it teaches the importan is the fespect to others.

The Cross Christian School 1

Posted November 24, 2010
The teachers are below average. The teachers spend more time preaching religion than teaching conventional school subjects. Unless you want your child to become a priest or pastor, please consider another school.

The Cross Christian School
20675 La Puente Road, Walnut, CA  91789
Last modified The Cross Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
The Cross Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top