Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I feel sad because all the other middle grade schools in our district got to go on special eighth grade trips and this school does not, this totally sucks the school is OK the best part is my friends at least we will all be together in high school now, we're already used to no trips from being here haha!

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

they hang out in groups and talk about each other like they were students and the admin is the leader of the "mean girls group"

Amount of homework: no rating

it depends on the teacher some give a ridiculous amount while others give none admin needs t look into that

Develops character: Neutral

I know the admin does not like some of the students they commented that in a parent meeting.

Principal and vice principal are very rude and obnoxious. Especially to new students. They do not consider aspects of new students and their needs. The vice principal is incompetent as well as some of their teachers. School is ok if you like slow growth of your childs educational progress. I regret removing my children from their old school because of financial difficulties. My children are still ok because i teach them that its not the school -that the student has to adapt. But this school needs to get fixed in every way from teachers to principals.

My sons attend Ybarra and they truly enjoy school. They love reading, math, and learning. Thet get excited about the many school activities such as Pajama Day and Math Night. We also love the performance aspect of the curriculum. Each grade level performs once during the year for their parents. This prepares them for the presentation aspect of the education. The principal is extremely positive and supportive. The teachers are awesome and work extremely hard for the children. As a parent, I am highly pleased with Ybarra.

I love this school. My was in the school few years before and now my daughter is a first grader. I like their academic performance. And their classroom size is only 20, fantastic. and stuff there are super!

My son started kinder in 2008, his teacher was extremely supportive. She comunicated with me almost daily, and was welcoming when I popped in unannounced. Thank you! She worked hard to get the kids on level. Hard work pays off. The administration is organized and professional.

I love this school! The principal is a great Leader and the teachers are great, with lots of teaching experience. I love the student diversity. The strong staff leadership that Ibarra has, pushes students to excel in all academic levels. My two chldren who attend this school have improved so much academically and socially. I am extremely pleased with the school's curriculum and discipline straregies. This school is definetely a school of my choice to educate my children.

Last modified Ybarra Academy For The Arts And Technology is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.