Ybarra Academy For The Arts And Technology 1

Posted May 29, 2014
Principal and vice principal are very rude and obnoxious. Especially to new students. They do not consider aspects of new students and their needs. The vice principal is incompetent as well as some of their teachers. School is ok if you like slow growth of your childs educational progress. I regret removing my children from their old school because of financial difficulties. My children are still ok because i teach them that its not the school -that the student has to adapt. But this school needs to get fixed in every way from teachers to principals.

Posted September 11, 2010
My sons attend Ybarra and they truly enjoy school. They love reading, math, and learning. Thet get excited about the many school activities such as Pajama Day and Math Night. We also love the performance aspect of the curriculum. Each grade level performs once during the year for their parents. This prepares them for the presentation aspect of the education. The principal is extremely positive and supportive. The teachers are awesome and work extremely hard for the children. As a parent, I am highly pleased with Ybarra.

Posted March 30, 2010

Posted October 13, 2009
I love this school. My was in the school few years before and now my daughter is a first grader. I like their academic performance. And their classroom size is only 20, fantastic. and stuff there are super!

Ybarra Academy For The Arts And Technology 0

Posted September 13, 2009
My son started kinder in 2008, his teacher was extremely supportive. She comunicated with me almost daily, and was welcoming when I popped in unannounced. Thank you! She worked hard to get the kids on level. Hard work pays off. The administration is organized and professional.

Posted April 24, 2009
I love this school! The principal is a great Leader and the teachers are great, with lots of teaching experience. I love the student diversity. The strong staff leadership that Ibarra has, pushes students to excel in all academic levels. My two chldren who attend this school have improved so much academically and socially. I am extremely pleased with the school's curriculum and discipline straregies. This school is definetely a school of my choice to educate my children.

Posted May 08, 2006
- a administrator
I am the Principal of Ybarra School and am writing to share our huge accomplishment of receiving the CA Distinguished School Award for 2005/2006. Our school has an API of 866, high attendance rates, focuses on the Arts and Technology and has strong parent support. We have veteran teachers who continue to learn and advance their skills as professionals to support the ever demanding needs of our diverse school population. We are an outstanding school. I invite everyone to visit and enroll. C Black

Posted November 18, 2005

Ybarra Academy For The Arts And Technology 4

Posted June 24, 2005
Ybarra is one of the best elementary schools in the district. The student population is diverse. Many parents send their children to Ybarra as a choice school. The teachers are dedicated and try their best to meet the needs of all the students. The support staff is professional and caring as well. The principal is always positive, encouraging and trying to think of ways to make Ybarra an even better place. Ybarra has about 50% Asian students, and because the neighboring district has predominantly Asian students, many parents want to transfer their children there. However, Rowland USD teachers get just as much, if not even better support.

Posted June 23, 2004
My daughter has attended this school for a couple of years, and we are quite impressed with its dedication to building community, achieving high academic standards, and offering a well rounded program that appeals to our daughter's interests. Some of the events we've particularly enjoyed are 'Multicultural Day' when the students get to 'tour' presentations given in different classrooms by community members, that represent different cultures and nationalities. Another fun activity is the 'Community Read In' when the whole school is invited to come one night and bring blankets, teddies, and read to their hearts content. The students all have a chance to develop their musical and technological skills as well- with specific instruction in those areas during the year. Needless to say, we're very happy with this school.

Ybarra Academy For The Arts And Technology
1300 South Brea Canyon Cutoff Road, Walnut, CA  91789
Last modified Ybarra Academy For The Arts And Technology is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ybarra Academy For The Arts And Technology Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top