Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I am a student at this school and South Pointe is awesome! The students are nice and the staff members are very helpful also! There are no bullies what so ever. We are serious about our education, but we have a lot of fun too. This school has a special class for kids who don't know English as well and they have many honors classes, electives, and PE classes. This school is the best school I have ever attended to. I definitely recommend taking your child to this school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No. The staff and the principal and the vice principal are all a joke. The counsellors are new. The only person I talked to in the office with any sense of knowledge is the school psychologist.

My son is a 6th. Grader. The curriculum and teachers are great. However, the in office staff is horrible. I have had so many problems with the staff and the principal. It seems like one staff memver doesn't know what the other one is doing. I Have complained numerous times to the school the school district and the superintendent so many times. A top rated school should have there staff rate just the same. If I could rate the staff alone I would give them 1 star the teachers a 5 star. Good luck

South pointe is amazing. This school is by far the best middle school in the district. At first, I put my son in Suzanne for sixth grade. It was bad there. He had a better time at south pointe

Today I attended a funeral if a middle school child who committed suicide because of "bullying". As a parent of a child who once attended the school, I chose to send my child to South Point because of academics and of their "anti bullying approach" that the principle so highly spoke of when myself and other parents toured the school for the first time. Needless to say my child no longer attends the school and "Bullying" very much exist at South Point. It appeared In my experience that the bullies at South Point had more rights, and administration and the district seemed to be more concerned in protecting their rights then securing a safe environment for my child and the safety of others. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

You will NEVER regret sending your child to South Pointe MS...I'm an incoming 7th grade student at SPMS and my 6th grade year was the BEST! Panther Camp was AMAZING and there's two Cores in 6th grade Core A and Core B...out of both Cores there was always 1 hilarious teacher. The academics are great and P.E. has never been so FUN! Take advantage of ALL the opportunities at this amazing school and once again I shall say...You'll NEVER Regret It!

Between all my children going to three different middle schools, South Pointe is by far the best. Great, supportive, hard-working administration who are available to students, parents, and teachers alike, who set the tone in terms of kids being held accountable and reaching new heights in academics and citizenship. Out of all the teachers and classes, I can find no complaints. Outstanding band program wow, wow, wow! Great campus and overall great kids. Though there is no perfect school, it is hard to find faults in this one. My kids have attended two other middle schools, one ranking a 10 and one ranking a 9 on great schools.com, and this easily outshines the others.

Seems legit. Ok, nice/helpful staff, their own news, district is pretty neat and organized. Everyone is always excited there

I am a 6th grader at SPMS. This school is awesome!! All the teachers are nice and helpful. You can also attend band, choir, and more.

My child attended all 3 years a Southpointe. We had several unpleasant interactions with at least 5 of the teachers at this school. My feeling is that some of the teachers felt they had the right to speak to the students any way they chose even if inappropriate and degrading. However, there was one staff member and one teacher who were outstanding as champions for my child and gave my child full support. Because of them I averaged my rating at 3stars. All I can say is that I will be looking for another middle School for my younger child. My younger child is an A student but she is far too sensitive for a school like Southpointe. I fear for the damage burnt out teachers could cause to her confidence. Perfect test scores does not make the perfect school! There is a certain type of child that will do well at this school. But,If your child is one who communicates with you, and you are the type that will support your child when they are poorly treated, then Southpointe may not be the school for you.

Last modified South Pointe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.