Walnut, CA

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 20, 2015
no def not. My son went for one year and the staff is ridiculous. Thinks it's a party

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 20, 2015
No. The staff and the principal and the vice principal are all a joke. The counsellors are new. The only person I talked to in the office with any sense of knowledge is the school psychologist.

South Pointe Middle School 3

Posted May 20, 2015
My son is a 6th. Grader. The curriculum and teachers are great. However, the in office staff is horrible. I have had so many problems with the staff and the principal. It seems like one staff memver doesn't know what the other one is doing. I Have complained numerous times to the school the school district and the superintendent so many times. A top rated school should have there staff rate just the same. If I could rate the staff alone I would give them 1 star the teachers a 5 star. Good luck

Posted April 30, 2015
South pointe is amazing. This school is by far the best middle school in the district. At first, I put my son in Suzanne for sixth grade. It was bad there. He had a better time at south pointe

South Pointe Middle School 1

Posted April 19, 2015
Today I attended a funeral if a middle school child who committed suicide because of "bullying". As a parent of a child who once attended the school, I chose to send my child to South Point because of academics and of their "anti bullying approach" that the principle so highly spoke of when myself and other parents toured the school for the first time. Needless to say my child no longer attends the school and "Bullying" very much exist at South Point. It appeared In my experience that the bullies at South Point had more rights, and administration and the district seemed to be more concerned in protecting their rights then securing a safe environment for my child and the safety of others. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 03, 2014
You will NEVER regret sending your child to South Pointe MS...I'm an incoming 7th grade student at SPMS and my 6th grade year was the BEST! Panther Camp was AMAZING and there's two Cores in 6th grade Core A and Core B...out of both Cores there was always 1 hilarious teacher. The academics are great and P.E. has never been so FUN! Take advantage of ALL the opportunities at this amazing school and once again I shall say...You'll NEVER Regret It!

Posted June 05, 2014
Between all my children going to three different middle schools, South Pointe is by far the best. Great, supportive, hard-working administration who are available to students, parents, and teachers alike, who set the tone in terms of kids being held accountable and reaching new heights in academics and citizenship. Out of all the teachers and classes, I can find no complaints. Outstanding band program wow, wow, wow! Great campus and overall great kids. Though there is no perfect school, it is hard to find faults in this one. My kids have attended two other middle schools, one ranking a 10 and one ranking a 9 on great schools.com, and this easily outshines the others.

Posted December 26, 2013
Seems legit. Ok, nice/helpful staff, their own news, district is pretty neat and organized. Everyone is always excited there

Posted August 11, 2013
I am a 6th grader at SPMS. This school is awesome!! All the teachers are nice and helpful. You can also attend band, choir, and more.

South Pointe Middle School 3

Posted June 11, 2012
My child attended all 3 years a Southpointe. We had several unpleasant interactions with at least 5 of the teachers at this school. My feeling is that some of the teachers felt they had the right to speak to the students any way they chose even if inappropriate and degrading. However, there was one staff member and one teacher who were outstanding as champions for my child and gave my child full support. Because of them I averaged my rating at 3stars. All I can say is that I will be looking for another middle School for my younger child. My younger child is an A student but she is far too sensitive for a school like Southpointe. I fear for the damage burnt out teachers could cause to her confidence. Perfect test scores does not make the perfect school! There is a certain type of child that will do well at this school. But,If your child is one who communicates with you, and you are the type that will support your child when they are poorly treated, then Southpointe may not be the school for you.
2 people found this helpful

20671 Larkstone Drive, Walnut, CA  91789
Last modified South Pointe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Pointe Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top