Bad
Good

Posted May 29, 2014
This is a great school. The only downfall in my child's First Grade class this school year was that the "End of the Year" awards were handed out to students whose parents volunteer the most. It is not fair. Why penalize a student who has worked hard all year just because their parents can't afford to take time off from work to volunteer on a weekly basis. Awards should be given based on test scores & performance and not teacher's preference/parent incentive.

Posted November 20, 2013
We were considering enrolling our kids in private school but decided to enroll them at Vejar. Vejar Elementary has great teachers, staff, and principal. The pta here which is the Vejar Community Club works very hard fundraising for the school. They plan fun events such as the harvest festival and other fundraisers at supermarkets and fast food restaurants. Parents are very involved in this school. They volunteer in class and at the schools events. Another thing I love about this school is that they have a great reading program for the children and also an updated computer lab. Overall very happy with moving our kids to this school.

Posted June 19, 2013
This school is awesome! I've been at Vejar since Kindergarten! I am going to Suzanne this year and I will come back to Vejar to visit! I just Love this school so much!

Vejar Elementary School 2

Posted December 19, 2010
We just finish the first half of 3rd grade and we were very disappointed. There is NO project, NO oral presentation at all, very little writing either at school or home. They do have a lot of homework worksheets but mostly fill out the blanks and math practices. And we CAN'T believe the spelling list that test each week. Week 4: so, both... Week 11: into, today, maybe.. And this is for 3rd Grade?! They push the lower level one to be proficient, but doesn't care about the ones who already in proficient+ level. I deal with the ladies in front office 4 times, they're cold, question you first or blame others, other than simply help out. My teacher is strict on tiny details but missing the whole point of rasing a happy learning kid. The slogan of Vejar is "Home of Future Leaders". But from what I see is they managing students to be no brainers and followers. The parents participation of this school is very low. Only 5 parents shows up for the so-called "Community Meeting"... Communication in this school is poor, since no email system established. Talk to both teacher and principal couple times but nothing changed.

Posted May 29, 2009
I was thinking of private school but thougth give a try of Vejar because fo the convenience. Vejar did not disappointed me. Their reading program for 1st grade is very comprehensive and have a program to fit different need. They should do the same with math as well. Many kids are very advanced. This is a very good school. I am sure to have my kid stay for the rest of the elementry.

Posted June 03, 2008

Posted January 29, 2008
My son is in his last grade in the school, having started in kindergarden. Overall, it is a pretty good school. The school is more oriented on student personal development than achieving extra high test scores. The teachers vary year-to-year. My son is very fortunate this year with a bright new teacher putting her heart and hard work into her class. Overall, a great school, not a bad school district. May be need more challenge and more attention to teachers. My kid will be ready for his Middle School for sure.

Posted June 15, 2007
I am very happy with Vejar. My daughter just finished kinder, and I am very happy with her academic progress. Kudos to the principal and the staff, the campus is clean and safe. Thank you!

Posted March 28, 2006
Wonderful school! I went there when I was a child and now my children attend. The teachers are very devoted and caring! They have excellent programs that range from the more academically advanced the children that require special help. Love it!

Posted May 26, 2005
I think Vejar Elementary has a good staff and a principal who is working to make the school one where students enjoy coming to school eager to learn. The students come to school with a variety of backgrounds and it is difficult to meet all their needs, however the school has many support groups and academic interventions to provide structure for those who are in need of such programs.

20222 Vejar Road, Walnut, CA  91789-2334
Last modified Vejar Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.