Posted April 17, 2014
I like it. My son is in its IB program and leant a lot. It is a very rich program.

Posted October 24, 2013
I am the grandmother of three students who have attended Walnut High School. This school was great for my grandchildren, two who are now in college and one still a senior at the school.

Walnut High School 4

Posted March 16, 2013
this is a good school to those who really want an education. there are some kids here who literally you can tell that after they graduate they are not going anywhere, sad but true. Like i said before, alot of brilliant kids, and a lot of flops. Moving on, the teachers are awesome. Mr. Smith is the reason why i chose my major in college. I had several teachers like him all throughout my high school years. Though there are some teachers who are riding their tenure. The principle for the school needs to calm down about dances. He had prom one year with the lights on. like seriously you are worried about kids banging on the dance floor? then dont teach abstinence, its not working. he threatened to move prom to the gym my senior year, that is why he needs to calm down an let kids be kids and have their night.

Posted October 28, 2012
This comment was made a year ago and still applies today. I too have had 3 children graduate with honors and all 3 move on to college. Also, I currently have an 11th grade student presently attending and would have paid to have the amazing balanced education in all areas as has every one of my children, ie., clubs, sports, etc. Everyone has remained available and open to encourage and help my children to succeed. I too was a student of Walnut high back in the 80's and it has continued to remain an amazing school and improve in all facets. I have returned with my family and have 12 years ago, joined the WVUSD to give back to today's students all that I was so lucky to receive myself. I couldn't find a private school that would begin to compare to Walnut High. Thanks for caring!

Walnut High School 2

Posted March 25, 2012
Where is my review? As always, greatschools.com cleans off anything even slightly negative. What a shame!

Posted November 05, 2011
My three children attended Walnut and have been well prepared for college. They have also been involved in sports, clubs, and performing groups. I am also a teacher at Walnut. Having taught in six different (quality) schools I can honestly say Walnut is a superior school in all facets. Any parent who says the school lacks balance has no clue as to what actually goes on at the school. While many schools have eliminated performing arts, sports, and clubs, Walnut has expanded offerings. Teachers motivate their students to acheive in many areas including service to the community. Walnut is not an elitist school. All students can find a nitch and develop their individual talents whether that be academic, athletic, or artisitc. It is also a safe school where students of many cultures and ethnicities coexist in harmony.

Posted August 18, 2011
great school !! love the teachers ! especially my english teacher who helped me improve my essay writing skills & prepared me for college !

Walnut High School 1

Posted January 03, 2011
Stay away from this school. Their principal lacks experience and only cares about athletics while academics sit and rot. Half of the teacher are horrible, half of them are excellent. Welcome to public education.

Posted November 24, 2010
Walnut High School is the top-notch school in terms of teacher quality, school leadership, and challenging academic programs. The IB and AP program is unsurpassed by either Diamond Bar or Troy High School. Walnut High School's AP and IB exam rates are at around 98% (extremely high for a public school), I am pleased to have my student at this school. I was considering Troy, but Walnut definitely has better teachers.

Posted September 16, 2009
My 2 daughters graduated from Walnut High school, then go to UC very easy because the high school prepared my children to be ready for college since they were in High School. High quality teachers.

Walnut High School
400 North Pierre Road, Walnut, CA  91789
Last modified Walnut High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walnut High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top