Bad
Good

Really bad school! Was a student at this school and there were a couple of good teachers but where the problem really is, is with the counselors and administration. The students need strong leadership so that they don't end up being another statistic and unfortunately this school is not there.

I love Walnut High School! It has a varieties of programs to offer. The students excel in their education thanks to their wonderful teachers who are very good at teaching. The staff is very caring and they do a fantastic job in keeping Walnut High School on the top rank. Walnut High is a school to have your child attend because it has a lot to offer and it is definitely better than Rowland High. Walnut High School has it's doors open for you to enroll your child in to become a successful leader in life.

I like it. My son is in its IB program and leant a lot. It is a very rich program.

I am the grandmother of three students who have attended Walnut High School. This school was great for my grandchildren, two who are now in college and one still a senior at the school.

this is a good school to those who really want an education. there are some kids here who literally you can tell that after they graduate they are not going anywhere, sad but true. Like i said before, alot of brilliant kids, and a lot of flops. Moving on, the teachers are awesome. Mr. Smith is the reason why i chose my major in college. I had several teachers like him all throughout my high school years. Though there are some teachers who are riding their tenure. The principle for the school needs to calm down about dances. He had prom one year with the lights on. like seriously you are worried about kids banging on the dance floor? then dont teach abstinence, its not working. he threatened to move prom to the gym my senior year, that is why he needs to calm down an let kids be kids and have their night.

This comment was made a year ago and still applies today. I too have had 3 children graduate with honors and all 3 move on to college. Also, I currently have an 11th grade student presently attending and would have paid to have the amazing balanced education in all areas as has every one of my children, ie., clubs, sports, etc. Everyone has remained available and open to encourage and help my children to succeed. I too was a student of Walnut high back in the 80's and it has continued to remain an amazing school and improve in all facets. I have returned with my family and have 12 years ago, joined the WVUSD to give back to today's students all that I was so lucky to receive myself. I couldn't find a private school that would begin to compare to Walnut High. Thanks for caring!

Where is my review? As always, greatschools.com cleans off anything even slightly negative. What a shame!

My three children attended Walnut and have been well prepared for college. They have also been involved in sports, clubs, and performing groups. I am also a teacher at Walnut. Having taught in six different (quality) schools I can honestly say Walnut is a superior school in all facets. Any parent who says the school lacks balance has no clue as to what actually goes on at the school. While many schools have eliminated performing arts, sports, and clubs, Walnut has expanded offerings. Teachers motivate their students to acheive in many areas including service to the community. Walnut is not an elitist school. All students can find a nitch and develop their individual talents whether that be academic, athletic, or artisitc. It is also a safe school where students of many cultures and ethnicities coexist in harmony.

great school !! love the teachers ! especially my english teacher who helped me improve my essay writing skills & prepared me for college !

Stay away from this school. Their principal lacks experience and only cares about athletics while academics sit and rot. Half of the teacher are horrible, half of them are excellent. Welcome to public education.

Last modified Walnut High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.