Leonard G. Westhoff Elementary School 3

Posted June 01, 2014
I love this school, I can not in justice say this school has quality teachers. Just like the other review said, "Luck of the draw" If you have a teacher who has a infant or a grade school child, you are in for NO HOMEWORK!! Teachers with small kids themselves, dont want to go home and grade or stay after school to talk with parents. The parents are great, if you like rich, Chinese parents who are so "proud" they are in Westhoff.

Leonard G. Westhoff Elementary School 4

Posted May 14, 2014
We love all the teachers there except one. The school is over the top. 4th grade Kids fly to Sacramento for a field trip. Parents are a bit snobbish and cliquish! But if your kids are in for good education, you go there and ignore the rest!

Leonard G. Westhoff Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2014
The teachers in this school is like a luck of the draw! VERY TENSE! Not friendly from class to class, teacher to teacher. I don't like the way this school introduce common core curriculum, it becomes parents'/tutors' responsibility to mentor the new material... kids are like guinnea pigs!

Posted October 01, 2011
I have 4 kids. 1 graduated from Westhoff and currently have 2 in the school still. Let me give you an idea how great the school is. Recently there is a teacher that retired (2yrs ago) but being such a caring and dedicated teacher, she came back to volunteer her time after school once a week to hold "mind stimulating" activities for the GATE students. After all the budget cuts, GATE programs in Walnut got $0 in funding. This show you the dedication of the wonderful teachers here! I'm SO glad my kids attend Westhofff!

Posted September 30, 2011
This school is awesome! The principal is doing a great job helping the students learn positive characters which is very important in character building for elementary students. This school has an ambiance like a private school, and they excell academically because of the hard work of the teachers! I am so happy that my children go to this school. Students here really need to study hard and parents need to be involved in their child's activities to be able to stay in this school. If you want excellent quality and good education this school is for you!

Leonard G. Westhoff Elementary School 2

Posted September 03, 2010
I was very disappointment with the principle and teacher actions. They lable my child of bad behavior when my child was in kindergarten and told me that they no longer will take my child back to go to 1st grade. There reason was they did not want to ruin their reputation of their distinguish school rating.

Leonard G. Westhoff Elementary School 0

Posted March 18, 2010
My daughter attends this school and loves it! The teachers are strict but loving at the same time! A great learning environment for kids! Parents are wonderful too! Great support system there!

Leonard G. Westhoff Elementary School 0

Posted March 02, 2010
Awesome School! I think every kid should come here!!!!

Posted December 03, 2009
This school is awesome. My sons are achieving things greater than we ever expected. This school is really great. Take my advice and go to this superb school.

Posted April 30, 2009

Leonard G. Westhoff Elementary School
1323 Country Hollow, Walnut, CA  91789
Last modified Leonard G. Westhoff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leonard G. Westhoff Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top