Wasco, CA
Students enrolled: 1,644

Wasco High School 5

Posted September 11, 2013
I have recently started attending Wasco High School and I already feel secure and comfortable. I love how I have no problem asking my teachers for help when I need it, whereas in other schools I sometimes I felt that I couldn't because I didnt feel comfortable with them. The bell schedule is a little confusing and gets some time getting used to, but overall its not TOO difficult. :) Another thing I'd like to point out is how amazingly spirited this school is! The rallies are amazing and they pump me up! The point is, even though I'm a freshman and just came here, I already feel connected to this school, like I'm a part of it. I'm PROUD TO BE A TIGER! :D

Wasco High School 5

Posted December 31, 2009
I only went here for my Freshman year but it was THE BEST! There are so many extra-curricular activities and an unbelievable amount of school pride! GO TIGERS!! The cafeteria food is great! Nachos, pizza, burgers... but if that isn't enough, there's an open campus so you can go to Taco Bell, Subway, Carls Jr....etc. Also, I love how they play top music hits during lunch! Its amazing x). Anyways, the staff is just wonderful! Kudos to Mr.Hunter for motivating everyone to do their best. These teachers do more than they are expected to. They teach, but they also CARE FOR REAL!! They will become your friends and I believe there is not a single teacher that is hated or disliked in the building. Wasco High School has a friendly atmosphere. Everyone is kind to eachother and there are never any cliques that hate other cliques. I love WHS!!!

Posted July 25, 2009
During my freshman year at this school I hated it because of the small town ways and the focus on punishment but I later learned not to get caught and I grew to enjoy that the school was an open campus and that it was close to places outside campus that had good or fast food. In my sophomore year I had a AP class and I loved it for it was challenging and fun. I also learned that there was staff in the school who cared for the students future and motivated them to strive and achieve greatness. This school was an open campus but the food at the school was great and it was impossible not to make friend's there. It was not very diverse but the minorities (being white,Asian, and black) seemed to fit in just fine.

Wasco High School

Posted December 03, 2007
This school has the greatest staff and the nicest students in the world.

Posted August 19, 2005
Good school with a caring staff.

Posted November 04, 2004
Wasco High School offers very little ethnic diversity, but they do offer a small town scenario that encourages acceptance and friendliness. The teachers are very qualified, and the honors program, because it is so small, offers a lot of attention to your honors students.

Wasco High School 1

Posted April 29, 2004
Wasco High School, could be a great school if they focused on the teaching of the students. All they are focused is on the students that are the trouble makers. They are not focusing on the students that can be great achievers. They are turning this school in a jail. The school is public property, yet it is not accessible, before or after school. The fields are closed. They should be open. My belief is that the school becomes private property when school is in session. So the areas/gates should be accessible from 3:30 in the afternoon to 8:00 a.m. when school is in session. The back gates are closed and the public has no access to play sports in the football field. Is this not public property?

Wasco High School 1

Posted May 10, 2003
School charges student groups for facilities and transportation to activities. School board doesn't care about student needs or community desires. Wasco is a great community, but we need a school board with backbone to get rid of a micro-managing super. ADA is not being used to teach our students, but banked for construction projects. Most classes have well over 30 students per class with some over 50 usually without desks for everyone. This is not because of a lack of classrooms, we have empty classrooms, but because they do not want to hire teachers. On a 1200+ student base they had a surplus of 1.8 million dollars in the 01/02 school year. Moral of the teachers is low because everytime they want to do anything, the organization is eather charged for it or denied the opportunity. Has a very good agricultrual facility, but the Future Farmers of America org. is being expensed out of existence. The school is charging the organization for transportation to the farm for each time they take a class, charging summer salery of a teacher and lab manager. Wasco will be great again, we have a strong community but people are frustrated that the school board will not lesson.

Wasco High School
1900 Seventh Street, Wasco, CA  93280
Last modified Wasco High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wasco High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top