Posted December 19, 2013
I have 3 kids in CWCS and have been happy overall. Nothing is perfect but this comes very close to it. We have built a great relationship with our ES, classes are available onsite and through vendors, and there is flexibility with the curriculum they will let you use. As a long-time independent homeschooler, this charter is by far the most flexible regarding curriculum choices. I'd also like to comment on the service provided by the ES. One of my children was struggling with math and the ES immediately set up at home tutoring, which started within the week. When my child still was not making enough progress, my ES got her into an onsite math class at the learning center and now she is making progress. Whenever I have had a question about transcripts or classes, BOOM! Someone contacts me very quickly. I can't say enough about CWCS!

Posted August 29, 2013
CWCS is very much a parent-driven school. They are constantly working with the families of the many students to optimize the students' educational journey.

Connecting Waters Charter School 2

Posted July 17, 2013
This charter is only as good as the ES you get. Mine was horrible. Susan H. was always late, would never answer emails or phone calls. She had my childs curriculum for 5 weeks and then when she got around to bringing it to us she informed my child that she needed to hustle because she was 5 weeks behind. I am praying for a better experience this yr with a new ES and a fresh start.

Posted September 22, 2012
I have barely started out with this school but so far l like what I see. My 5 yr. old is learning by leaps & bounds, way ahead of her friends who go to the public school nearby. She loves getting to be at home, learning about so many things, going on field trips, and so many other things. My ES is very nice and we look forward to her visits. I'm excited to see how my daughter progresses each day.

Posted August 29, 2012
This is not an average brick and mortar school. It is an homeschooling program where the parents have the FREEDOM to pick their curriculum for each of their children and teach it accordingly to their own children. They did not require me to use State standard textbooks and my kids have scored higher on their STAR testing (Advanced in both ELA and Math) than they ever did in an average public school. In regards to them being picky about what curriculum you could buy through them-understand that they are a public school entity following state standards wanting to be accredited which means hopefully more funding for us in the future. I have been involved with another homeschool charter school before and this one more organized that the other one with more classes and opportunities. Everyone I have met at the school have been very supportive and helpful. I meet about every 20 days to give my ES our work samples and a general checklist of topics we covered and receive what I order. The school is meeting and surpassing the needs and goals for my family. This is my second year with them. I am very happy and content with this school.

Posted August 29, 2012
This school has been a blessing to our family. Our struggling learners have been given a multitude of support and encouragement that they never received in a traditional public school and are showing marked improvement. I LOVE this school and the endless support that is available. It is multifaceted in the ability to accommodate gifted learners, as well. In addition to the variety of educational technique, there is an abundance of special interest choices ranging from fine arts, to skate boarding lessons. It is truly an amazing school!!

Connecting Waters Charter School 3

Posted April 29, 2012
We have been with this school for a few years and have opted to leave. They are getting more restrictive with funding, curriculum, and testing. I no longer feel this school has my children's education in its interest; I feel that my child is here to jump through their hoops in order to save their WASC accreditation. Many, many changes are taking place and we didn't find out until we met with our ES each month. They were no upfront with their requirements that seems to have constantly changed this last year. We are moving on to another home school charter.

Posted January 19, 2012
I am not a parent but alumni of Connecting Waters. I cannot tell you how great it is to know that people want to help you achieve your goals. I have never talked to anyone at Connecting Waters that was negative or told me they couldn't help me. I went to a different public school my Sophomore and Junior year and when I decided to go to College 8 years later, they told me that they couldn't find any information for me. Connecting waters gave me anything and everything I needed. At last minute I needed letters of recommendation, and even though their computers had been down all week and the work they had was overwhelming they stopped and even worked after hours to help me. Thank you so Much! I love this school. They are great for the parents and the students. You wont regret going here. :) ~Sarah

Posted August 30, 2011
Having home-schooled for 18 years I've had some experience with almost every way there is to home-school. CWCS offers the best of everything - funding for curriculum, tutors and the electives that used to be available in most public schools such as music, drama, home ec, etc. The Administration is exceptional in their availability to parents, response to the needs and concern for the students. They are quick to listen, willing to try new programs and do whatever they can to assist the parent in all aspects of instruction. The staff (teachers) are readily available to answer questions and offer the assistance one expects of an educator. They don't expect the parents to do the job of teaching alone but allow them the 'space' needed to teach in their style, at the students pace - AND they actually do the record keeping unlike many other Charter Schools.

Connecting Waters Charter School 4

Posted November 20, 2009

Connecting Waters Charter School
12420 Bentley Street, Waterford, CA  95386
Last modified Connecting Waters Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Connecting Waters Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.