K-8|Private

Bad
Good

I have two children (grade school & middle school) attending CLS and they both have had a great learning experience. Most of the teachers are very caring and nurturing. The teachers they have/had, have taken a great interest in making sure that the children understand the curriculum. Mrs. Curtis, Mrs. Annis, and Mrs. Smith (1st, 3rd & 4th grades) are in my children's opinions, the best teachers. They know how to capture the students imagination and make learning fun. My middle schooler has really enjoyed all the outdoor education trips which begin in the 4th grade. The children are taught to be well rounded and the school takes part in a few community charitable events. If your child is advanced in math, they will allow them to take math with the higher grades if the child tests into it. All the teachers are credentialed and most have a Master s Degree. Each classroom does have a teacher s aide. As with any school, parent involvement plays a key role in a child s academic achievement. The campus is fully gated and they do have cameras throughout the school (which unfortunately is a good thing now a days). The school also has a great PE and after school sports programs.

My daughter's first full year at CLS' preschool has been extremely positive. After a poor experience in another preschool in Walnut, we chose CLS based on the strong reviews elsewhere. From our initial meeting, our hopes were confirmed. Almost all the preschool teachers exude the caring and attitude that you expect from a preschool teacher. Balance between play, teaching of basics such as writing, letters, numbers; exercise, and Christ-centered teaching. Weekly homework assignments for my 4 year old. There will be many requests to participate in fund raising endeavors or for parental participation, but this is par for the course with private schools. Kudos to Miss Jennifer and Miss Susana in Room 2!

I attended this school way back in the 80s and in to the early 90s when I graduated. I now have a child of my own who is attending preschool there. When I started searching for a preschool I implicitly asked if it was a developmental or an academic-based school. I was told by the director that it was mostly academic, with some developmental. I appreciated that, but what I am finding is that it is quite the opposite. My child is beyond most of the class and is bored most of the time. The "homework" that they send home is not preparing him for anything other than matching baby animals to their mothers. I am paying for the time there, but then having to teach my academics-hungry child at home... not worth the money unless you have a child who is struggling with basic stuff like colors and shapes.

I am a former staff member. I worked in the elementary school and preschool. I have worked at a few christian schools and CLS was by far the best. The teachers care about all of their students and try to give them the best learning environment. Yes, there is disruptive students but I am sure every schools has their share. I remember the outstanding parent involvement and various programs for students including art and science. I work at a public school now and I see the drastic difference in parent involvement. Yes parents pay a lot of tuition but they are getting credential teachers with years of experience and good morals.

This school is staffed by some of the most incompetent and arbitrary people I have ever met. They have all been teaching here for too long. The administration does not care about student learning. The administration only cares about the bottom line (i.e., money). So much so, that they will leave problem students in classes to disrupt learning for everyone else. Save your money and try to get your kids in a good public school like Glendora.

My kids attended CLS since preschool and gratuated two years ago. Teachers are wonderful, academics are excellent. Principal's door is always open. Parental involvement is required which is wonderful. It gives you the opportunity to meet other parents and be involved in your child's activities. I recommend Christ Lutheran highly.

My children have been attending this school for 3 years now. I am very pleased with how well both have learned more than just merely academic knowledge but are also constantly being pushed to develop positive character traits. The tuition is comparable to any other private school in the area and the teachers make themselves very accesable to the parents. Also parents are strongly encouraged to participate and school activities and even in the classroom at times. Schooling depends partially on the teacher but also the dedication of the parent to help and enforce what is being learned.

This school is horrible. The middle school staff are pathetic. And the tuition is not worth all the problems my child has received. The school staff are clearly unfair and unreasonable.

Last modified Christ Lutheran Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8