Posted January 28, 2014
This is our first year at SJCA and so proud and grateful to have Mrs. Carter as my son s kindergarten teacher. She is an exceptional educator my son has grown so much in her class. We are looking forward to the next 8 years and what this extraordinary school has to offer.

San Jose Charter Academy 4

Posted September 26, 2013
I have been very happy with the education my kids have received from SJCA. I appreciate the time and effort the teachers put into their students. Most f the teachers that I have encountered seem to sincerely care for my children. It is obvious that the teachers are held to high level of performance from administration and are continuously re-evaluating and improving on their teaching methods. One complaint I have is my experience with a conflict resolution. I feel the principal did not thoroughly understand my issue and was not sincerely interested in supporting me. While I do feel the RSP teachers do an excellent job, the Administrator of Special Ed, Ms Vela, is rude and self righteous. She is condescending in her dealings parents and lacks compassion and understanding for parents who are coping with having a learning disabled child. The teachers shine at SJCA! The really make the school great!

Posted August 13, 2013
SJCA is one of the top schools in California with excellent leadership, exceptional teachers that motivate their students to reach their potential. Last year was our first year at the school and we are super pleased with the results we have seen in our kids academic career. We do believe that while the school does an amazing job that it would not be possible without the high parent participation in the classroom and on campus. This fact has made our experience great because we are meeting likeminded parents that have a vested interest in the success of their kids academic career. There are only a few things I think the school can do a better job at. One would be a stronger onboarding process for first time parents mainly because it's such a different system that you see in other schools. Second, I would ask that the school would solicit more parent feedback and use the data to create a better parent/student/teacher experience. Lastly, I would like to seem more emphasis on STEM through student clubs, camps or workshops. That being said, SJCA is like no other. We look forward to the next 10 years with them!

Posted August 11, 2013
My two children attend SJCA and love it. I am pleased with how well they are doing academically, and how the teachers find ways to challenge them. I like the fact that all teachers work on the same curriculum, so I don't need to worry that one teacher is teaching at a more advanced level than others. I also like that they are placed in reading classes based on their skill level. Overall, I feel fortunate that my children attend this school.

Posted August 11, 2013
This is a charter school with some really great teachers and staff. They really challenge the kids to do their best while installing core values for their future. Admissions here is based on a lottery, sign them up once they are ready to start kinder.

Posted July 07, 2013
I love this school and only have one year left to attend SJCA. My experience has been wonderful and the teachers make you feel welcome. Every teacher has their own way of making you feel like you are doing great and that you should keep it up. Even if you do need to step it up a bit... But overall I will remember this school as a fun, healthy, and helpful environment for everyone. The activities that you are open to join teach you new things and add some creativity to your days at school.

Posted May 09, 2013
Look at the ratings!! In my opinion, best school around hands down! Teachers are awesome. Students are on top of their grades and well behaved. Principal is always finding ways to improve the school. Parents are very well involved. Way to go SJCA!! For the "Mother of the Kinder" (gave one star); PLEASE do us a favor and pull your kid and take him/her along with your sorry attitude to another school. Bye!

Posted February 09, 2013
My daughter graduated last fall from SJCA . All nine years of elementary school were completed there. The staff (including Dr. P.) is by far the best in the WCUSD. Having our older son attend Monte Vista years ago,SJCA is light years ahead of most schools in the district. While you may not agree with everything Dr. P. does, she is trying to be fair and equitible to all parties concerned. I have even suggested to the school board that the model of sucess at SJCA should be applied district wide. EVERY child is entitled to the best education available. This is a school worthy of National recognition. 5 stars plus.....

Posted December 31, 2012
There will always be disgruntled parents at any school. Having said that, SJCA is a wonderful school! The principal and staff do everything in their power to help students achieve. There are programs and interventions in place to help all children succeed, not just the high achievers. It's by far the best school around and anyone lucky enough to get their child enrolled should do whatever they can to help improve the school, not bring it down. Keep up the good work SJCA!

San Jose Charter Academy 1

Posted December 24, 2012
As a mother of a kinder in San jose, I will give the lowest rating of the teacher, the principle and the staff. very unprofessional, very aggressive, impolite and very impatient, especially a temporary teacher Mr. Salazar. She kept shouting at students who don't follow her directions and complained a lot. If they don't like your child, they will do everything to kick you out of their school. Very bad experience. Please treat your students nicely. Be more patient. PLEASE, no shouting at a kinder....................

San Jose Charter Academy
2021 West Alwood Street, West Covina, CA  91790
Last modified San Jose Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Jose Charter Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 124 reviews. Top