Jubilee Christian School 3

Posted June 10, 2011
I moved to West Covina last year and wanted to have my son to a Christian preschool since both my husband and I are working parents. The principal was really good in marketing and grab you in. She seemed to remember most of the kids name when she gave me the tour. Once my son got in, I realized that the principal only remember certain kids' name since there are lots of kids in each classroom (between 10-15 kids each classroom with 1 teacher or sometimes 2). During the 1 year he was there, the only activities that require parents involvement is open house and winter performance. There is no parent teacher conference to let parents know the progress of my son. The teacher in the first class voluntarily told me how my son's performance was. However, when he moved up to another class, this teacher did not even talk (or not say hi to the parent sometimes) unless I asked on how my son was doing. Also, the first 2 months I got notices (almost every other week) that other kid accidentally hurt my son. There is prayer and solemn pledges every morning. It teaches children to pray before lunch and weekly chapel time. Monthly fee is very reasonable but need to pay extra for lunch.

Posted June 03, 2011
This is my child's second year at Jubilee. I do like that the student to teacher ratio is small, that was a big factor in my decision to enroll her in Jubilee. I visited many schools and some had 30 students to 1 teacher. My child is currently in a class with 13 students to 1 teacher and 1 aide. She has grown these past two years, not only academically, but spiritually as well. I really do like the fellowship at the school. She attended Christian school prior to Jubilee also, but has come along far more than she had in her previous school. I do think there are some communication issues between school and parents. This is not necessarily a problem between parents and teachers or staff. However, I , being a working parent am not able to be at the school often or at morning announcements and am not aware of many activities going on at the school. Jubilee also offers enrichment classes after normal school hours, most of which are free of charge. Everyday i ask my child daily how her school day was and never once have i gotten a negative response. Overall I really recommend Jubilee to other parents looking for a new school for their child.

Posted July 19, 2010
Excellent, caring teachers willing to go the extra mile. Incredible curriculum that allows individual creativity from the students. Christ centered school, with great involvement and volunteering from parents. Small teacher student ratio allows for more one on one education, something you no longer see in schools.

Posted June 16, 2010
We LOVE Jubilee Christian School! My kids tried public school for TWO WEEKS......hated it!! My kids HAD to come back to Jubilee Christian School. What I like best about Jubilee Christian School is that they get to grow with Jesus Christ and that they go above and beyond the California Content Standards.

Posted May 14, 2010
My children have experienced two principals at Jubilee. It is obvious to see that the negative reviews on this site are from the people who were either asked to leave Jubilee because of discipline, financial, or philosophical reasons. The school and staff are first rate. Why slam the entire school when it might be a personal issue? My children have learned about respect, responsibility and real Christian love with the "new" staff (they've been here nearly 5 years!) My advice? Show Christian love everywhere... even on this site.

Jubilee Christian School 0

Posted March 04, 2010
Jubilee is awesome. My child attended a catholic school in Pomona for Kinder and 1st grade and transferred to Jubilee for 2nd grade. Principal, teachers, and staff are wonderful individuals who treat my son as if he was their own. I couldn't have asked for more!

Posted August 01, 2009

Posted June 25, 2007
This school is awesome! My child has learned about scriptures and most importantly have a relationship with God.. The academics are superior to any public school curiculum in the distric/area. There studies are geared to prepared them for future educational growth.

Jubilee Christian School 0

Posted June 12, 2007
Jubilee Christian School has gone through its change of administration. As with change, some are able to adapt, while others fold. The new administration has been positive. Jill has done a fine job as a administrator. The school has come together like never before. Many blessings towards Jubilee.

Posted March 05, 2007
Jubille rocks! It has been the answer to our prayers. It is a loving,nurturing,environment. My daughter loves it there. Great music teacher and chapel program. Fun activities every month for the kids. 'Wow 'tickets for good behavior to be used for a prize in the treasure box each month. After school program and on site dance, cheer and scouts, are just a few perks! Parent participation is abundant, and is the core of jubilee's success. I couldn't disagree more with the last comment about the new principal. Mrs. Selak is heaven sent! She has taken great measure to live up to the school motto 'life is a journey not a race' meaning children should love to come to school to learn and still be able to be a child. I live thirty minutes away from the school and find it worth every mile and every penny! Must see for yourself!

Jubilee Christian School
1211 East Badillo Street, West Covina, CA  91790
Last modified Jubilee Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Jubilee Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top