PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 01, 2016
I have 2 children who have been at Jubilee for several years. I have seen many changes but they have all been for the better. My children love going to school each day to the teachers and office staff that love them. My oldest child has gone on to excel in high school and I know that it is because of the strong foundations established at Jubilee.

Jubilee Christian School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 17, 2015
Great Teachers! Very Poor Administration :( Thank you to all the teachers who give 100% of themselves to their students despite the negative and overbearing environment created by the P, AP.

Jubilee Christian School 1

Posted September 17, 2015
It seems nice and pretty from the outside looking in. However, once you see the interior (very shady) workings of the administration, you will find yourself in the same situation many parents find themselves each year, with a disgust that will eventually make you find another school. Don't go by the advertising or what the Principal/Assistant Principal tell you, ask the parents of current or former students about their experiences. That's where you will see the ugliness behind the veil. I say former students because many leave each year... and many new students enroll into that cycle. They have students because either: 1. The students are new and the parents are completely unaware. 2. The parents put up with the BS for as long as they can until they reach their breaking point. The teachers are great; no issues there. It is the shadiness of the admin that ruins the school experience. ASK AROUND; and STAY AWAY. I put that on the Bible.

Jubilee Christian School 1

Posted June 21, 2015
Disappointing considering its supposed to be a christian school. At the start of the year the principle said in a parents meeting they would offer classes to help students who needed extra help after school. After the classes started I felt my daughter needed a bit of extra help with reading and math, the teacher agreed . I told the teacher I wanted her to attend several times, she never got back to me about it after every time I asked her. At the end of the year I emailed her and asked why, I got no reply so I emailed the principle and asked her why my daughter was not able to attend. She said she thought she was doing ok. However my daughters report card didn't seem that way, she had nothing to say to that. However my daughter really liked the school and wanted to go back the next school year. However due to her being slightly on the spectrum (autism) the school would not even let her continue another year, yeah this so called Christian school. SO we went down the road to west Covina Christian school where I found the principle so kind and understanding, after they met with us they invited my daughter to attend school there and even offered her any extra help she may need. I also found certain staff members to be rude at jubilee, eg the asst. principle . It also seemed the monthly awards the same kids were getting them, 2-3 kids missed out on an award the whole year out of a class of 21 kids. They advertise small classes however they are not small.

Posted January 30, 2015
At the age of two, my son had a problem with speaking. I took him to the public school district to see a speech therapist at least 2-3 times a week. There was no major improvement. My husband and I finally decided to enroll him in a preschool that we felt was safe and clean. We enrolled him in Jubliee Preschool at the age of 2 and a half. After about a week or so I started to see a difference. He wanted to communicate and was starting to put together sounds. There was no more temper tantrums and he was excited to go to school. Now he is in Kindergarten and his is ahead of his cousins who are in public school. He has grown in so many ways since then spiritually, mentally and physically. They offer so many extra activities such as Mad Science that my son loves. This school has grown so much and really pushes each child to exceed academically. There are 21 students in my sons class with 1 teacher and 1 aide. The staff are extremely friendly and approachable especially if they are concerned about the performance of your child. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a school that is safe and academically challenging.

Jubilee Christian School 3

Posted June 10, 2011
I moved to West Covina last year and wanted to have my son to a Christian preschool since both my husband and I are working parents. The principal was really good in marketing and grab you in. She seemed to remember most of the kids name when she gave me the tour. Once my son got in, I realized that the principal only remember certain kids' name since there are lots of kids in each classroom (between 10-15 kids each classroom with 1 teacher or sometimes 2). During the 1 year he was there, the only activities that require parents involvement is open house and winter performance. There is no parent teacher conference to let parents know the progress of my son. The teacher in the first class voluntarily told me how my son's performance was. However, when he moved up to another class, this teacher did not even talk (or not say hi to the parent sometimes) unless I asked on how my son was doing. Also, the first 2 months I got notices (almost every other week) that other kid accidentally hurt my son. There is prayer and solemn pledges every morning. It teaches children to pray before lunch and weekly chapel time. Monthly fee is very reasonable but need to pay extra for lunch.

Posted June 03, 2011
This is my child's second year at Jubilee. I do like that the student to teacher ratio is small, that was a big factor in my decision to enroll her in Jubilee. I visited many schools and some had 30 students to 1 teacher. My child is currently in a class with 13 students to 1 teacher and 1 aide. She has grown these past two years, not only academically, but spiritually as well. I really do like the fellowship at the school. She attended Christian school prior to Jubilee also, but has come along far more than she had in her previous school. I do think there are some communication issues between school and parents. This is not necessarily a problem between parents and teachers or staff. However, I , being a working parent am not able to be at the school often or at morning announcements and am not aware of many activities going on at the school. Jubilee also offers enrichment classes after normal school hours, most of which are free of charge. Everyday i ask my child daily how her school day was and never once have i gotten a negative response. Overall I really recommend Jubilee to other parents looking for a new school for their child.

Posted July 19, 2010
Excellent, caring teachers willing to go the extra mile. Incredible curriculum that allows individual creativity from the students. Christ centered school, with great involvement and volunteering from parents. Small teacher student ratio allows for more one on one education, something you no longer see in schools.

Posted June 16, 2010
We LOVE Jubilee Christian School! My kids tried public school for TWO WEEKS......hated it!! My kids HAD to come back to Jubilee Christian School. What I like best about Jubilee Christian School is that they get to grow with Jesus Christ and that they go above and beyond the California Content Standards.

Posted May 14, 2010
My children have experienced two principals at Jubilee. It is obvious to see that the negative reviews on this site are from the people who were either asked to leave Jubilee because of discipline, financial, or philosophical reasons. The school and staff are first rate. Why slam the entire school when it might be a personal issue? My children have learned about respect, responsibility and real Christian love with the "new" staff (they've been here nearly 5 years!) My advice? Show Christian love everywhere... even on this site.

Jubilee Christian School
1211 East Badillo Street, West Covina, CA  91790
Last modified Jubilee Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8