Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
My kids have been attending this school since 2005. Sadly to say this will be our last year and I just want to send a sincere thanks and gratitude to all the teachers and the principal for making it the best years of school for my kids. I appreciate and are thankful for every teacher there. All of you are wonderful! We experienced great teaching, wonderful activities, fun field trips, and a fabulous reading program. Thank You for teaching my kids and being part of their lives!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 07, 2015
Kinder and 1st grade teachers are very important to a child's development. And we got lucky, the 3 first grade teachers here are fantastic! Hope they never leave!

Posted October 07, 2015
Almost everything about this school is fantastic. Being a human though, there are a couple nit picky things, but not worth mentioning. Starting at the top, mrs. Williams (principal) is very welcoming. Not to say she's a pushover, she's what she needs to be when necessary. All the children seem very at ease with her, which you want at this age. She makes it easier to approach her if they are having issues. All of the first grade teachers are wonderful and hope they plan on staying forever. I haven't heard too many negative things about any of the teachers really! Campus is clean, and well maintained. It is a closed campus, becoming even more secure daily. We trust this staff with our children's lives and they are doing their share to make us feel secure. If you see something, report it and they are on top of it! I'd give this school a 9.9 out of 10.

Posted August 04, 2013
Grovecenter is awesome!! We moved our 2 daughters from Azusa Unified to Covina Unified and when I was looking for a school for them I saw that this school had great test scores, with our oldest daughter already making honor roll we decided this was the school we wanted for our kids. The principal and staff plus the PTA welcomed us with very warm hearts and we couldnt have asked for better treatment. Our 5th grade daughter had no problem adjusting to the new school and friends. Our 1st grade daughter loved her new teacher and I am very proud of our decision. The test scores are still rising and there is a reason for that-the teachers are taking the time to teach the kids in a way that they can understand it and that is a great feeling to know that our daughters are a part of that. We are now bringing our son into this wonderful school for kinder and we are looking forward to some more great times with Grovecenter!!! TY Grovecenter!!!!

Posted July 22, 2013
My son went here for first grade last year and is continuing to attend. My daughter will be attending Kinder this year. I love that all staff remembers the students and takes the time to get to know all of then. This is overall an excellent school with great scores, great activities and interactions with students.

Posted March 05, 2012
Grovecenter is a Great School. Their API scores keep raising every year thanks to the care and work of theachers and the Principal who is very involved and cares about the school. This school offers a lot of school activties/programs that other schools don't (Chess, drawing, Father/daughter dance, Mother/son dance.....) Great, great school

Posted June 23, 2010
My son who has ADHD started 1st Grade. His teacher was EXCELLENT! She is very dedicated, firm, consistent and soft spoken. My son improved immensly and learned a lot inspite of his problems. The entire IEP team was caring, concerned, and highly knowledgeable. They came up with a very good plan for my son. The Principal is really involved with the kids and knows them by name! She even stood on the roof for the kids and got pies thrown in her face! Great Job Grovecenter!!! I am excited for my other son to start Kindergarten in September! I also saw the 1st grade teachers work together to go on a fieldtrip, make a pancake breakfast and an year end BBQ. I loved the spirit of unity. I hope I see this for 2nd grade and Kindergarten too. I also heard that Grovecenter might close. I certainly hope not!

Posted September 01, 2009
I really hope the school doesn't close. I've had positive interactions with all the teachers and am looking forward to 2009-10. BTW, it really touched my heart when my son received a Welcome postcard from his new teacher before school started. Although it would have been nice if the lower grade teachers had done the same.

Posted April 01, 2009
I have been a teacher at Grovecenter for 13 years. Before that all three of my children went to this school and have gone on to graduate from college. It has been a wonderful experience being part of this school. The teachers work together and actually like each other. You don't find this at many schools. We respect each other and share our individual expertise. I've been through 4 principals and each one has their own personality and exceptional qualities. The point is that although our population and staff have changed through the years, there is something about this school that keeps the test scores rising. I think it is the committment to excellence and a staff that works together to help all of the students. The district is considering closing our school next year and dividing the students and staff between 3 schools for budget reasons. How sad.

Posted March 31, 2009
Where are the other principals? They were good. This one is unexperienced and shows it. Teachers spend more time gossiping.

775 North Lark Ellen Avenue, West Covina, CA  91791-1082
Last modified Grovecenter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.