West Covina, CA

Posted January 06, 2014
I'm very happy that my kids attend to this school. Most of the teachers are excellent. Mrs. Gonzalez is very strict but at the same time caring and supportive. I have no complaints about this school, both of my kids do excellent!

Rowland Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted June 27, 2013
I went in to this school to enroll my son for kinder and the staff there was very unhelpful, rude, and made me feel like I was a bother. When I walked in the Secretary at the door was on a personal phone call she didn't even bother acknowledging me as I waited for her to finish her 10 min conversation about her dog. When she was finally done she treated me so rudely and refused to help me due to some technicality. All I needed was paper work. I spoke with a second secretary who was just as rude and treated me as if I were the child. Thank goodness I will not have to deal with them since I pulled my child out of the district.

Rowland Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted September 23, 2012
I attended this elementary school seven years ago and I can honestly say it did not help me one bit. I was left behind in so many subjects and as soon as I went to a new school I flourished academically. I remember this school as a haven for bullys and I was constantly looking for ways to get out of school because school was never enjoyable here. Thanks to my mom taking me out of this school system I was able to get a better education.

Rowland Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2012
I am very unhappy with how the administrative staff treat parents. Instead of making the parents feel welcome. They have caused me and other parents to feel unwelcome. I was spoken to like a child and was hung up on several occasions. To the point where i had to go to the school and talk to the staff members myself. But my daughter's teacher is amazing, very sweet and respectful i read in previous reviews that the principle at this particular school is all that great neither. But i will decide that on my own when i talk to her.

Posted October 29, 2011
The office staff, teachers and the school's psychologist and speech therapist are wonderful. Everyone including the students and parents are friendly. The staff is very efficient when addressing the children's needs and are excellent at communicating. I am so happy that my son is attending here and he loves his teacher and his class. This is a great school.

Posted June 09, 2011
My son just finished 5th grade. Every teacher he had was great and has found ways to do all the little extras. The media center is great. It feels like a family; teachers, front office and custodial staff, all work together well and watch out and mentor our kids. Rowland Avenue is a lovely neighborhood school. My suggestion for improvement: I wish the school had it's own updated website, especially for checking upcoming events and posting news, rather than depending solely on paper flyers and the front bulletin.

Posted August 17, 2010
I went to Rowland and my daughter did too.. and this is the best school around. I couldn't of provided her with a better education if I paid for private school. Amazing!!!

Rowland Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted November 03, 2009

Posted June 03, 2009
My boy goes to this school and I have never present it a problem. He's doing very well and the teachers are very nice. My 9 year old loves going to school and that is a very good sign.

Posted May 21, 2009
My children attend Rowland Ave. and the teachers are great. The school could use a new principal and office staff. Five stars for the teachers and one star for office staff and principal.

Rowland Avenue Elementary School
1355 East Rowland Avenue, West Covina, CA  91790
Last modified Rowland Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rowland Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top