Workman Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted December 22, 2011
This school really doesn't have a secured environment seems like they lack on even caring for your kids belongings adding more stress as a parent for you to worry about your child going to school and having his or her belongings being stolen without no actions being taken.

Workman Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted December 02, 2011
I had such a terrible experience with this school I removed my child mid-school year. He attended the "pre-school" unit, named the children's center, which is in Covina unified public pre-school. My son had an issued being bullied by the other students. I spoke with the teacher and gave her the names of the children that were bulling my son. She replied with an excuse that "all the children treated the others that way". The bulling contined and I requested a meeting with the director, who did not show to our scheduled appointment. She also gave me an excuse of why she did not call or show. My son never brought home any work he did and everyday was afraid to go to school. Instead of pull teeth to meet with a director I just pulled my son out.

Workman Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted July 20, 2009
My daughter attended this school for first grade last year. She learned nothing new from Kindergarten. it was very disheartening. She received almost no science instruction. She finished the school year's reading program in January (and could have finished faster as the level required was well below what she did in kindergarten).

Workman Avenue Elementary School 5

Posted May 03, 2009
Love Workman School! The teachers, principal and staff are all wonderful. They all care about the students and work to help all of the succeed.

Workman Avenue Elementary School 5

Posted September 19, 2008

Workman Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted September 14, 2007
When we first moved here to Covina we were shocked that our only option for an elementary school was Workman Ave. The test scores (API) were below average, 90% Hispanic, and 25% ESL students. Mrs. Hill addressed all of my concerns, and has proven to be a top educator. The staff and teachers really care about the kids, and education. Academically they are on target to reach state level expectation, along with competing schools test scores. However I wish they had more to offer in the department of art, music, sports, or even a Christmas program. The parking/picking up situation can be trying, but we need more volunteers. Great school for my child, and he loves it there more than the private school he was in.

Workman Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2007

Workman Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted March 31, 2005

Workman Avenue Elementary School
1941 East Workman Avenue, West Covina, CA  91723
Last modified Workman Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Workman Avenue Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top