Bad
Good

Workman is amazing! The staff here is always willing to go the extra mile to assist in anyway possible. The teachers at Workman are some of the best teachers around. I have been in CVUSD for 14 years now, with the oldest in College, one in 11th grade and the youngest in 2nd grade I know I can count on my children getting an exceptional education at Workman and CHS. Workman has a very strong PTA and the Principal is one of the most caring Principal's I have ever met in my 14 years with CVUSD. He is absolutely on top of everything and very approachable if you have a situation you need handled. I would definitely recommend Workman Elementary first and foremost for anyone looking to start their child off in the right direction.

This school really doesn't have a secured environment seems like they lack on even caring for your kids belongings adding more stress as a parent for you to worry about your child going to school and having his or her belongings being stolen without no actions being taken.

I had such a terrible experience with this school I removed my child mid-school year. He attended the "pre-school" unit, named the children's center, which is in Covina unified public pre-school. My son had an issued being bullied by the other students. I spoke with the teacher and gave her the names of the children that were bulling my son. She replied with an excuse that "all the children treated the others that way". The bulling contined and I requested a meeting with the director, who did not show to our scheduled appointment. She also gave me an excuse of why she did not call or show. My son never brought home any work he did and everyday was afraid to go to school. Instead of pull teeth to meet with a director I just pulled my son out.

My daughter attended this school for first grade last year. She learned nothing new from Kindergarten. it was very disheartening. She received almost no science instruction. She finished the school year's reading program in January (and could have finished faster as the level required was well below what she did in kindergarten).

Love Workman School! The teachers, principal and staff are all wonderful. They all care about the students and work to help all of the succeed.

When we first moved here to Covina we were shocked that our only option for an elementary school was Workman Ave. The test scores (API) were below average, 90% Hispanic, and 25% ESL students. Mrs. Hill addressed all of my concerns, and has proven to be a top educator. The staff and teachers really care about the kids, and education. Academically they are on target to reach state level expectation, along with competing schools test scores. However I wish they had more to offer in the department of art, music, sports, or even a Christmas program. The parking/picking up situation can be trying, but we need more volunteers. Great school for my child, and he loves it there more than the private school he was in.

Last modified Workman Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.