Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I'm currently a student at Giano, this is my second year here at this school. We really do have a great principal, teachers and staff members. Last year was my fist time ever making honor roll and it was principals honor roll at that. I couldn't have done it without the hard work, dedication and support of all my teachers. Although it's still early in this school year I can already tell all my teachers are great. So far it's a bit more challenging than last year but they are preparing us for high school and college so it's expected. The principal is doing so much for the school and the students. From remodeling the school to adopting new honor programs and more challenging curriculums to help us have a real shot to one day attend a prestige college and really make something of ourselves in the future. This school really cares about their students not only for just the time they have with them but care to make a positive difference that we will forever carry.

It's by far one of the greatest schools. I'm currently a student here at Giano and I love it. The principal, teachers and staff are great. They really care about their students education. We get a lot of challenging homework but the teachers really do an amazing job providing us with any help and assistance we might need.

It's a great school my son and I love it as he's a principals honor roll student. He's learned so much here and this year my daughter is really looking forward to learn here as well. Amazing Principal!

Giano Intermediate is by one of the worst schools I ever went to because of the negative vibes and immature students who go to the school and they are not challenged to learn. All they care about is their drugs, criminal conduct, fights, and their cliques that they so happen to be involved in. The students also highly are disrespectful to their teachers and do not participate in any work whatsoever. Some teachers also do not take part in their roll, leading to them slacking off and talking nonsense which has held these students futures down. This school really needs to step up to its full potential because I believe they are more than this.

School is improving. Teachers are great and the school offers fun extra-curricular activities. I have to write at least 15 words to post this but I have nothing more to say.

Giano has always been a great school to me. I admit our old Principal that we had was not doing her job. Well our new principal is great. I am so tired of people always saying that Giano is a 'ghetto school' because it is located in a barrio. Well we made California Distinguished School. So I guess we are not so ghetto after all. We proved everyone else wrong. It is a pleasure being part of the staff......

Being a former student, i know that Giano is an OK school, but not great. Our principal, well my opinion is i didn't think she did her job well. The teachers there care about our education alot. now that i'm in highschool, i truly miss the school. its much smaller, but that was the best part for me. If parents plan to send their kids there its a good choice because it won't be a choice to regret

I give this school 100 out of 5 because it's so amazing. It's super clean and has great teachers, programs, and activities. When i first got there, the only person I knew was my neighbor but she introduced me to a lot of her friends. Mostly everyone was really nice and even though there were some fights, there weren't as many as the school that I had come from had. Also, ALL of my classes required you to think. I had Honors and GATE classes to so i had a bit of a challenge with some things. Also, I almost never heard people swear at school. The only people that did were the trouble makers or people that had some how accidentally hit themselves. At this school, I learned a ton of things and actually understood it almost instantly. That's why I give this school such a high score.

I would have given this school 4 stars if it wasn't for the students and the academics. I'm currently a new student at Giano, and my first impression was pretty neat--the school was way cleaner than my previous one, which had gum and bags of Cheetos cluttered everywhere. At first, the students seemed pretty nice--I mean, they were the types who would kindly approach the new student, say hi, and offer to walk you to your next class. But after a few more weeks? Dozens of fights had occurred, all classes (except Algebra I) required absolutely no thinking at all, and I heard 3 times more swearing than I did in my old school. A- for cleanliness, C- for people and academics.

this is the best school ever and my daughter is learning so much

Last modified Giano Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.