West Covina, CA
Before care: Yes

Hollingworth Elementary School 4

Posted October 13, 2013
As a whole, Hollingworth is an excellent school. While they factor in college education, they let them have fun and be kids. The "No Excuses University" logo is an excellent depiction, as they strive to make sure every child gets what they need in. I've never once had any office staff give me any attitude. They're always cordial to me, and help me with what I'm inquiring about. Whether I come in to the office or call early in the morning, they're always nice to me. I think one of the best things about this school is how they allow and support parents' participation in their children's education. Whether it be fundraisers so they can have more field trips/activities/ supplies/ etc. for the kids, or asking for volunteers to help out within the school hours. The principle is excellent. He is inviting to the parents, greeting us every time we see him, he's always cordial to us, I never just see him hanging out in his office. He's always outside helping with activities, and greeting parents and staff. The last time I was at the school for my son's Parent/Teacher Conference, I saw him coming back from helping with crossing guard duties.. If that's not commitment, I don't know what is.

Posted October 08, 2013
my school is the greatest. i have my 2 sons here and i attended Hollingworth myself.

Hollingworth Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2011
My son is in Kindergarten at Hollingworth, and his cousin is a student there. I think that it is a good school academically. The teachers do a good job of both challenging and encouraging the children. The "No Excuses University" idea seems a bit vague, but the kids are excited about going to college. The principal is a good leader. A few negatives: The atmosphere is not welcoming to mothers who work outside the home. I would like to volunteer, but there seem to be no opportunities for those who can't come to school during the day. The school has many student activities during the day, and I miss out on a lot. The stay-at-home moms definitely have an "in" at the school. Also, for the school to have such a diverse population, it seems to be very "old fashioned". I was a bit uncomfortable with my son coming home with projects made for Columbus Day. I really don't see many books that celebrate the different ethnicities of the children who attend the school. And I know that all public schools are struggling, but can the school ease up on the fundraising? In sum, the school is good academically. But in certain aspects, it's more 1968 than 2011.

Posted September 16, 2009
I too moved from the Charter Oak district and was afraid of how the schools were over here. He was supposed to go to villa corta which i did not approve of due to their location and state scores. District tried to tell me in a letter that it was a distinguished school?? How can that be when it has a score of 3 out of 10? So I did my research on greatschools.com and found Hollingworth. I couldn't be happier! Great school so far and my son loves it! Thanks Ms kim and to all the staff and teachers. Your doing a wonderful job!

Posted September 15, 2009
We just move to West covina.My kids are coming from Whittier School District. I was afraid the reaction from my kids to a new school.Im pleased to say that my kids are very happy in Hollingworth. Principal, Mrs. Kim, is so involved and a Great leader . So far, my experience with the teachers has also been a pleasure. They are very involved with the children and seem to genuinely care about them.

Posted August 21, 2009
this school is the best and it is so much fun . all the teachers are so freindly and so much fun to be around. hollingworth is amazing and super close. many kids have enjoyed and loved their teachers.teachers are so kind and they always think of new ways of learning and games that include the lesson. the teachers are so polite and thaty care so much about the children.

Posted May 30, 2009
Hollingworth is a darling! We love everyone: Mrs Kim (Principal), Mr. Gus (VP), the front office staffs, the kindergarten teachers, and cafeteria lady--Ms Maria. My son attends K3 with Ms Vong. He had so many issues at the start of the school year, but Ms Vong has helped him outgrow his babyness, became a big kindergartner, and now a high achiever. He has excelled well in his class and has blended well with the rest of the kids. He was one of the honorees for the student of the month, and an accelerated reader as well. He has quickly made friends. There are a lot of parent involvement activities here. You can even volunteer your time to your child's classroom to help with the day's activities. We had so much fun with Hollingworth. Every time spent here is so precious. We definitely recommend this school.

Hollingworth Elementary School 2

Posted May 26, 2009

Hollingworth Elementary School 2

Posted May 20, 2009
Not happy with our experience with this school, it's been very unpleasant and leaves much to be desired.

Posted April 01, 2009

Hollingworth Elementary School
3003 East Hollingworth Street, West Covina, CA  91792
Last modified Hollingworth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hollingworth Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top