Bad
Good

This school is okay. But i do agree that they only accept students with good grade.

the only reason I put 1 star is because I have to. This has to be one of the worst schools in California. You parents should really think before you enroll them here. My kids would be better off being homeschooled. I mean I could seriously teach them more then these people do. I decided to take them out of this horrible school district. Now my kids actually have a chance of going to college.

worst school i've ever attended! do not register here. try walnut or diamond bar! Walnut and DB offer a better education.

Hollencrest is a great school. the teachers are always helpful an they are more than willing to give a student extra help if they ask for it. The only thing that wasn't so great was the fact that the principal wasn't always helpful or kind to the students. But, to make up for this, the counselors, assisant principal, staff, and faculty are truly above average. The students are truly one of a kind also.

The principal and staff only care about the achievers at this school and nothing more...they will drop a student who is an under achiever in a heart beat to save thier precious rating...parent beware: school only wants over achievers

I love my sons school because they have some really great teachers that really care about their students

Once my daughter started 6th grade at Hollencrest middle school she was always upset . I could not figure what was going on with her so I decided to spend the day at Hollencrest . I will never forget this day. I sat on a chair right next to her and could not believe the lack of respect these students had for the teachers as well as other students that were there to lean. In class, there were children eating candies, children were throwing potatoes chips across the room, children were walking out of class disrupting other classes and teasing other children. It was a mad house. In class, I counted 34 children per class. TOO many children to teach all at once. It was to my daughter best interest to take her out of Hollencrest. She is now more happy and not worried about being teased in school.

I really like this school, but recently the lunches are becoming less enjoyable. For example, instead of putting teriyaki in the teriyaki bowls, they put popcorn chicken. However, they are also starting to give out a fruit with every lunch and everyone seems to be enjoying them. The teachers are great. They are always willing to help you. The dances keep becoming worse and worse each year. There are not as much decorations this year. There is nothing to do anymore! Our school has been raising a ton of money for Haiti and for patients with luchimia. We have many school programs such as track, soccer, cheer, basketball, softball, football, volleyball, band, ASB, jazz band and theatre. Overall I think Hollencrest is an alright school. 8/10.

I think this will be a better year for the entire school. As far as communication, ask your kid what they were given at school, if they're like my boy, I have to check his backpack or call the school if I want to know about a certain event. As for the 8th graders, they are given a 'contract' you and they have to sign regarding the 8th gr. activities coming up. If you signed it, the information/dates were on there. Luckily, this year, there's a new marquee sign.

Since Hollencrest has new principal in 2008 school year, the communication to the parents got much less. Previous years when Mrs. Granger was principal, my child brought home school activity table monthly plus flyers often to keep parents aware what s going on at school. It is all disappeared with new principal. Even the 8th grade graduation ceremony, no notice was brought to home. I don t know when it starts. Schools always emphasize parent s involvement, but we can t participate much when we don t know what is happening.

Last modified Hollencrest Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.