Bad
Good

Our family has had a great experience at Merced Elementary. All teachers that my children have had have been very engaging with the students. The office staff are pleasant and professional. The principal is very active and interacts with the children on a daily basis. The school offers great after school programs that provide encouragement and support to keep the kids engaged and excited about school.

Merced school is a great school. My daughter has learned and experianced many things there. They have so many after school activities and clubs. Like student council, chess, debate, track and field, choir and many more. The teachers are awsome and would always challenge my daughter to do her best. I highly recommend Merced School.

So far the School has been great. My daughter who is in Kinder loves going to school everyday. She actually gets depressed when the weekend comes. She loves her teacher...thinks the world of her. Though, my daughter did have some pre-k schooling...I've noticed that she started to begin to read and write words out. I think it's a great improvement. Very happy with the school and it's teachers. Only thing that I would complain about is the parking...it's pretty difficult to find parking without really disturbing residences.

I feel that as parents it is our responsibility to take an active roll in our children's education. Before enrolling my son in any school I did my research. I looked at the overall test scores and the student teacher ratio. I actually visited a few schools in my district and got a feel for the school, office personnel and teachers. Without a doubt Merced Elementary was terrific! The office personnel was including the principal were readily available to address my questions and concerns. My son loves going to school!!! His kindergarten teacher is on track to insure he is ready for 1st grade. I love Merced Elementary!!!

I have become very dissapointed with this school and principal. Principal is ok as long as you do not challenge or question anything he says. I had to take my complaint to the district in order to get any results. The principal makes up his own rules and parents are unaware of punishments that are given to children, and not for behaving badly. A lot of class time is wasted in having assemblies to remind students that you cannot be absent or you will be sent to the district attorney. We read enough about that bologna in all the threatening letters we receive at home. The district has got to be more involved in monitoring the school principles and teachers. Parents have got to unite and provide a serious wake up call to the school and district. Parent input should be considered before promoting anyone to another year.

Quality of academic programs--programs are fair, the student/teacher ratio is poor. Parent involvement is null. There is a pta, with very minimal action for plans mapped out. Many plans sans action. Teachers are not very involved with students.

Last modified Merced Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.