Bad
Good

My boys have attended wescove for 2 years and the teachers are great!! My boys have not once complained about the there teachers. I have met them and am very appreciative what confidence they have given my boys.

If it was so easy ill change my child to a different school. Hate how we have to drop off our kids right at the gate, plus there no way we can communicate with the teachers. Also I'm seeing that's theirs a big problem with the kids lunch a week ago I put money in his account I had put $40 my kid bought lunch twice and I got a text saying that they are negative $3. I also see that the aid has to do all the work to get the kids inside gate...there was this little girl crying and she ran out of te gate almost could of got hit by a car so the aid ran after her..but that moment that she went running after the little girl..since there so concern that the parent don't go pass the gate at that time that that happ who was watching the gate??.....with the aid not getting and help...and the office people are so rude.the only school in West Covina that's doing that use as pe aren't can't walk our kids to school . Can't wait until this year is over

Special Needs Children Beware. Not a good school if you have a child with Special Needs. They are not equipped to handle kids with learning disabilities since they really have just started working with them. County used to handle the more severe cases before but now the school district has taken over and wants to mainstream the higher functioning children leaving the behaviorally challenged students adrift to regress. Maybe in the future they will be ready to educate students with Special Needs but not now. :-(

SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE I dropped off my son this morning and noticed children waiting outside while office employees walk past them leaving them outside in the cold, I can't help but think who would take responsibility for these kids because the office staff didn't seem to care to much for them. The last comment before mine was in April 2011 and still has the same problem one aid outside at the gate.

My son was moved to this school for 1st grade because the district decided make Wexcove Elementary a primary center for K-2nd. Luckily he has a great teacher Ms. Takata and have been improving on all his fundamentals such as reading, writing and math. But this school obviously is on a learning curve and in catch-up mood. They are very reactive instead of proactive. I feel they need more help during the morning drop off of small children. There is only one aid outside at the gate and on aid in the cafeteria. They is not as much communication between the school and the parents we once received at California School. Which is now for 3rd-6th grade. I'm not sure my son will attend second grade here.

My two children went here last year. It's a great school. I was a bit worried when I first enrolled them and saw that they were rated a 3 on here, but they've gone up 2 points within the school year. Most of the staff is great, the principal is really involved and knows students well. I only had a problem with one teacher. That person wasn't the greatest for my child but, we've moved on.. :)

this school rocks. All the teachers are very nice my daughter has gone there since kindergarden and has loved it every year she learns wat she needs to learn gets challenged and even is gettin prepered for next year and going over the basic things she will learn the next year I am very pleased with this school. the students are very kind to 1 another and the staff is great they are very kind caring and act like family. the principle and vice principle are just like mothers they comfort the kids and teach them but the kids have fbun doing it!my daighter is sad to have to leave next year. she always said that wescove was like her 2nd home

Last modified Wescove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2