PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

We love this school. Our child is in preschool and enrolled late last year (2013). The Preschool Director has been there for many years and is very caring when it comes to her kids and the teachers. The teachers have been there for years and are very good at what they do. They teach the kids about Christ and work daily on establishing a good Christian foundation. They use IB curriculum and send lots of homework home each week. My child loves homework as the teachers encourage learning in a fun environment. I feel very comfortable leaving my child here. This is the best private/Christian school in SGV. We looked around and were very careful about making our selection due to many bad experiences in the past. There are too many shady schools out there. We are very impressed that the teachers and/or Director let us know daily details about our child, good or bad, they tell us everything. They work on redirecting bad behavior and encourage children to grow at their own pace. We love the openness, caring, sharing and education this school has to offer. You can t go wrong enrolling at this school. Thank God for SHA! We feel very blessed!

This school's academics is second to none. This school's staff is great, safe environment and now with excellent math and science program, there are no better Christian school out there. Bullying is not tolerated. Principal Jepson, Gilbert the Business manager are constantly working hard to improve the environment. Recently, the school has a winning record at ACSI spelling bee, Math Olymphics and Speech Mate. There are also private classes for foreign language. Now the school is a part of a very large international system of schools dedicated to superior education in math and science. Also the school recently signed up with Sylvan Learning Center to help students with their math tutoring at a discounted price. If you are look for a school with the best curriculum, excellent teachers, great front office and a principal who is enthusiastic about students and parents, look no further. Your child will soar high. Take it from me, I am a proud parent.

if you look at all the reviews, you will notice they are old. Since the new management took over two years ago, they are HORRIBLE. All about profits. They don't care about the children or staff. They hire part time teachers who are college students. They are not organized AT ALL. They don't even know what uniforms to wear until days before the school year. The uniforms last year looked like a prison Halloween costume. Stay away. They are about cutting costs and increasing tuition every year.

My daughter has been attending SHA preschool summer program. I figured summer school would be a good starting point to help figure out if she was ready for school. Well so far she loves it! Each night she asks me if she is going to school the next day. She talks about her friends. She is getting better at holding a pencil and writing her letters. It is awesome to see positive changes. The teachers are all genuinely nice people who seem to really care about the well-being of the children. I love this school and have no complaints.

Great School! My son is very advance academically. He is only in grade 1, he is very good in math, reads very well, writes cursive, knows the bible, enjoys going to school. They have Renweb which you can check your child s grades electronically. They have secured gates. My family loves this school and will definitely recommend SHA to family and friends. God bless SHA!

Evil principal, treat kids like privates, no respect, no patience.

My son started SHA in kindergarten and will be in third grade. He has developed strong academic skills in math and language. He is learning about the Bible and to be respectful of authority. The program during summer is fun with field trips, academics, and enrichment classes. A wonderful school!

My daughter has been attending in this school for 5 years now since preschool. The school has high academic standards. However, it would have been better if they can reduce the class size so the teachers can provide a more individualized approach. A lot of homework and tests every week.

Good school. Excessive homework beginning in Kindergarten. Kind and supportive administrators.

My son was in Kinder, my daughter in pre-school beginners class. Education: this school is excellent! My only concern was the amount of homework seems excessive for kinder. My son had atleast 3 worksheets, 4 pages to read and mark, and bible memorization nightly. This is too much for a 5 year old. There should be enough going on in the classroom that one sheet at night plus the rest I believe is sufficient. Teachers so far have been great. They do seem to work better with the 'smarter'students but overall they are friendly enough. Very strict, atleast the one my son got. Lots of after school activities for the extended day care, but it all adds up.School is very expensive. Worth the money, but I think teachers should offer more one on one with the students that are struggling and communicate more with the parents.

Last modified South Hills Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8