Public charter
West Hills, CA

Posted August 23, 2014
I love this school! It is a small community school with awesome and very well prepared and great teachers (some more than others). Both my two boys attended this school and have moved on to middle school. Our family is going to miss it so much. Mrs. Stokes, we will never forget. The best of the best! Mrs. Kara, another amazing teacher very caring and very unique! Mrs. Richard, always involved in the students' learning. Mrs. Black (another jewel) PLEASE GO BACK TO 5th GRADE! It wasn't the same without you:(Thank you Haynes for preparing our students for the future. Only downside: needs to get with technology. They are getting there slowly but surely.

Haynes Charter for Enriched Studies 4

Posted March 25, 2014
Update the website link! It should point to haynescharter.com not the expired link you have.

Posted September 15, 2012
I have been a student at haynes from 1st grade- 5th grade and It was great.Its was great school to be at for 5 whole years.I love it! The teachers are very understanding and the principal is too! There we have many fun! Not once! I have ever seen bad stuff in that school.Now that I am in middle school I miss it.But I will always see my wonderful teachers, and remember and the fun we had. This is a great school for children, also has a good playground and shady trees if it's hot out. But the fun has just started! On rainy day kids will be able to watch movies, rated PG or G or play some games. I would really recommend this school. Also There are many FUNdrasisers at the school like selling chocolate or cookies. Last thing, There are also many movie nights with the kids and parents.. Don't need to bring food! They make some!

Posted August 28, 2012
Haynes elementary is a fantastic elementary school in West Hills. Mrs. Meade is a top notch principal and the faculty care deeply about the growth and development of my children. We just finished up at Haynes and I have to say that I feel my kids got a top flight education there. The primary grades especially boasts an incredible faculty with teachers whose styles and emphasis compliment each other and the school nicely. Strong parent involvement and an active support network make this a hidden gem.

Posted December 01, 2011
My child was only there from Kindergarten to half of 2nd grade. So I can only give a review on my experience for those limited amount of years. He started in the 2006-2007 year. We started with my favorite teacher Mrs. Levine in Kindergarten. I truly mean we. She has a way of making the vast majority of the parents participate. She was a truly wonderful teacher and I believe my child learned more in that year than in any year since. She is a one in a thousand teacher at the least. I regretfully can't remember the first grade teachers name but we really did like her and we really enjoyed Mrs. Black as the second grade teacher. Both teachers seemed to really care. The school was a small school and I believed that helped. I really felt that the parents where active and concerned about the school.

Posted September 19, 2011
This is a great school. The environment is very homely. Teachers and school staff are very good and really helpful. Teachers pay attention to every kid in their class room.

Haynes Charter for Enriched Studies 1

Posted September 11, 2011
This school will be much better if there was a certain pile of people not attending, its a shame that the children have better maturity then all the adults at this school so sad, my child attended haynes from kinder to third grade it was peer depression the bullying that goes on, the teachers favoritism, the principal lack of help, it was just a complete waste to stay at this school, and don't get me started with the PTO the first PTO from when I came to haynes was great that was in 2006 THE PTO that was called TEAM HAYNES was awesome, they did so much for the school and never got appreciated not ONCE, I wish I could of helped more but me as a working parent I couldn't participate as much as I desired, there were only two ladies on the board who made the school great, I know one was the schools dj and forgot the other but school was getting what it deserved and I for one was very pleased from what I was hearing, with nothing improved my family was still not happy because of the principal not doing nothing and the teachers were getting worse, very happy that we are not dealing with haynes street anymore in our lives

Posted September 10, 2011
This year at Haynes has started out with such a positive note, The Ice Cream social was back to normal. Free ice cream for all!!! The 2011-2012 board is surprisingly made up of 4 Dads and one Mom..... Its always been a Great little school. I cant wait to see what this board has in store as far as events, unfortunatly there wasn't much for our family to participate in last year, we really had a great time volunteering the year before. I enjoyed reading all the posts related to the board 2 years ago, they were nice people who disclosed every expense, had tons of fun family events, and made a huge difference in our child's school experience outside the classroom. I can't say the same about 2010-2011 board, I never got to know any of them mainly because my husband and I felt like they had it all covered and didn't need outside help from others. Plus they seem to have some tension among themselfs something we didn't want to get caught up in. It can only get better, great school great teachers!

Haynes Charter for Enriched Studies 3

Posted July 25, 2011
Lets just say THANK GOODNESS the 2010-2011 board is OUT! They made decisions based on their wants & needs without ever asking the parent population what THEY would like to see for their children. They were manipulative, brash, and hurtful to others... not roll models I want for my children. There were 3 board meetings last year and each one resulted in hurtful allegations to previous board members... not at all what I expected from the parents who are supposed to be representing our school. Very sad. Needless to say, the school is a good one regardless of the PTA drama.

Haynes Charter for Enriched Studies 1

Posted July 11, 2011
The fact that the PTA does not have to follow any guidelines says it all about this school and its principal. This past year was atrocious with parents pushing each other on campus during a school event. The 2010-2011 PTA was the best and did a lot of great things for the kids and it was really nice to see that. I do not look forward to next year since they are bringing back the people who caused all the problems this year as the PTA President. Power hungry parents are always a problem. They won't get anything from me since they have been very unaccountable for where the money has been spent in the past. I will give my money directly to the teachers and steer clear of all of these people who seem to think they "own" the school.

Haynes Charter for Enriched Studies
6624 Lockhurst Dr., West Hills, CA  91307
Last modified Haynes Charter for Enriched Studies is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haynes Charter for Enriched Studies Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top