Posted August 20, 2014
I am in my fifth year at this school and have seen a lot of the changes and been an active participant in our community. I'm not sure what the crazy ups and downs are that are being reported and I have volunteered on the yard and do not think that there is an unusual amount of bullying. Happy kids having a full childhood is what I have seen and experienced. Parents that go to PTA events and volunteer in the class know that this is a great school and I am thrilled to have got in on the lottery five years ago. Even though we moved we are still attended Justice and we fully support this excellent public school!

Justice Street Elementary 4

Posted October 07, 2013
Our school Is Justice Street Academy Charter and in our opinion is is the best elementary school in the area. The principal is compassionate to the students needs and always tries to communicate with the parents in a positive way. The teachers are simply the best ever, teaching, smiling and giving the children exactley what they need and want. The campus is really safe and controlled. I highly recommend this school.

Justice Street Elementary 4

Posted August 14, 2013
I have had both my kids enrolled at Justice since the past 4yrs, and have come to a conclusion that it is a good school, but needs some improvements. They definitely need to get someone to clear up the dropping/picking up section. There are so many inconsiderate parents whom think they can just park at that zone just because. It not only put their children in a danger spot, but also put other children and drivers in a danger spot. The office staff is always cheerful and polite, and lets not forget our janitor's. This guys are great, and humble men-always smiling no matter rain, or sunshine. I have not met the Principle and don't care to either, because as I've heard she is not the best person to have a conversation with. I have not seen much of her neither have seen her do much either, and that shows what kind of Principle we have. That being said I think I gave my review of my kids school.

Justice Street Elementary 1

Posted July 14, 2013
This school was absolutely horrible. The principle doesn't know what she is doing. Both of my kids were mistreated and when I had to bring it up to the principle I was told that their school was really good with really great students. If that was so true, then why was my son being bullied? He was made fun of every day and we are still dealing with the repercussions of the things that were said to me. We also had problems with both teachers, they were unsupportive and unwilling to help much. My son also came home saying his teacher would yell at him and others in the class. He literally became afraid to go to school. This was such a horrible experience I made my family move just so I could be able to put my kids in a new school. This school showed me exactly why LAUSD has such a horrible reputation! So disappointed!

Justice Street Elementary 3

Posted June 27, 2013
My child goes to this school and has been a witness the continued verbal browbeating of her teacher by the new principal. She explained that the teacher is unable to get the principal to back them when it comes to the misbehavior of certain problem children, and for this, they are repeatedly spoken down to in front of the children. One instance was heard from across the schoolyard. I agree that this new principal has no idea what she is doing, or for that matter what her behavior is teaching our children. If she doesn't respect the teachers, why should the children?

Justice Street Elementary 3

Posted June 27, 2013
My children have gone to this school for several years. Initially I chose this school because I thought it would be better than the norm; quiet area, smaller school, etc. Although the teachers here ARE amazing, I agree that the new principal is clueless & unexperienced. After this last year under her supervision this is no longer an admirable school. Not only is there a huge bullying problem, (which includes their aggressive parents/older siblings who are allowed on campus unsupervised to add to the bullying)....yes there's bullying by adults too!!, there is also a big theft problem, anything and everything gets taken. The principal has shown to have an ostrich syndrome when it comes confronting any issues other than the school budget & fundraising. She literally hides from anything else. This has become a place I don't feal comfortable leaving my child, and seeing that my daughter is ASKING to change schools I think I will be doing so.

Posted June 27, 2013
Be careful when reading on this website. Anyone can post anything and its not necessarily the truth. Our school is moving in a very positive direction. Our primary goal is what's in the best interest of kids and we are striving toward common goals

Posted June 01, 2013
As the school year draws to a close, I wanted to take an opportunity to thank you and your team for continuing to make Justice a School to be proud of. We have found Justice a school that allows the students to grow, learn and have fun, and it is that mixture which defines a childhood experience that the students will recall for a lifetime. I recognize that the administration of a school is no easy task as you navigate state test requirements, budget restraints and rising class sizes, yet I recognize your jobs as one of the most critical responsibilities, as each and every team member establishes the very foundation for 100 s of precious students. While your team focuses on education it is clear that the school recognizes the important balance of academics, technology, and play, all of which giving children a journey which is rewarding, exciting and memorable.

Posted June 01, 2013
We all take time to communicate when an issue arises, yet few take the time to acknowledge the incredible success stories against multiple challenges. My son has had an wonderful journey at Justice, and from Kindergarten through his current 4th grade the experience has been outstanding. Ms. Benedict, Mr. Wright, Ms. Budd, Ms. Jeager, and Ms. Richards, have all built an outstanding foundation for our son and for this we are grateful. Each educator has taken the time and made the sacrifices to mentor my son, share with us valued and appreciated feedback, and provide a positive and fun learning environment which we and our son cherish.

Posted June 01, 2013
I have expressed over the years our appreciation to the individual educators, yet wanted to share with you our appreciation of the Justice team, and the valued and appreciated experience your team has created for our son. As a graduate of Justice in 1972, I am proud of the commitment and dedication your team has made to the children of Justice and for creating a learning environment that has benefited the children in our community. I believe that our very future rests with the ideas, values, and experiences gained in the critical elementary school years, and it is the outstanding commitments made day in and day out in the classrooms of Justice that plant the seeds of success for the children in our community. The greatest reward in life is to make a positive difference in the life s of others, and the Justice team makes a difference every day. They make the children of our community their priority, and their efforts are cherished and appreciated! Sincerest Thanks

Justice Street Elementary
23350 Justice Street, West Hills, CA  91304
Last modified Justice Street Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Justice Street Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 89 reviews.