Public charter
West Hills, CA

Posted July 31, 2015
Helpful staff and teachers. My son enjoys the school environment, classmates, and the wide activities Pomelo offers.

Posted June 04, 2015
My daughter just finished her second year at Pomelo. She absolutely loves her teachers and classmates. Overall, she's had a great experience at this school. I am not overly involved in the PTA but from what I've observed they are great at fundraising and organizing fun events for the students and parents. Love the school but hoping we could raise our API scores and school rating!

Posted May 31, 2015
Great year for my son in K with Mrs Schmitt.He had come a long way.We are happy with his math and reading skills improvement.My other son in 4th grade also enjoyed this school year with Mrs. Glassick.She's fun and cool teacher.

Pomelo Community Charter School 3

Posted May 31, 2015
Good teachers, but principal and staff do nothing on bulling. Would of liked better 5th grade teachers and more preparing for middle school. My kid is graduating and if I had to do over would of picked another school for her. Glad to be leaving.

Posted April 14, 2015
Pomelo is a wonderful school & my children are learning, safe & cared for. The PTA makes every effort to encourage parents to help the school financially so that we can have music, computer, art, PE coaches and aides as well as other services we would all want for our children but the district does not fund. There is a lot of asking for help, however there is a huge need for financial aid in public schools. I have read some complaints that our principal has an "attitude problem," and that she doesn't handle issues appropriately. This is simply unfounded. She is strict and she is firm. She stands her ground for the sake of the children and the school. She loves the children and deeply cares for their safety and education. I have personally experienced her dealing with serious issues in an appropriate, professional and decisive way for the sake of the children. Sour grapes aside, every school needs a principal who has convictions and the fortitude to carry out the steps needed for to care for the students and the overall state of the school. It's her job and she does it with courage and care, conviction and a deep compassion for each student - who she knows by name.

Posted March 25, 2015
We arrived at Pomelo from a school that would not honor my son's IEP. Our track record with other schools in the Woodland Hills area wasn't that great, so we were worried. The entire staff welcomed my son with a kind and caring outlook. They immediately went to work making sure the stipulations in his IEP were met. From the Principal, to the Assistant Principal to the AMAZING staff in Special Needs Resources, they went ABOVE and BEYOND my expectations. Sometimes I feel like I'm at a private school, the way they genuinely care about these students. My son feels safe and happy, and that is all a parent could ask for. I cannot begin to sing praises loud enough for the Pomelo staff. I simply love this school.

Posted October 20, 2014
It takes a village to raise children properly in this crazy world. I am so glad I have the Pomelo Charter Elementary School village in my corner of the world. In my opinion, this school is home to the L.A.'s greatest parents, teachers, and staff members. The Principal and administrators are caring and helpful. You couldn't find a better village in the San Fernando valley!

Posted August 12, 2014
The BEST school in the Valley! Compared to the personal reviews from friends with children in other schools in the west valley, I thank my lucky stars the my child is at Pomelo. My child has a few special needs, but nothing that the teachers and resource administrators can't handle. The Principal is on the ball! She is everywhere, all the time, going out of her way to ensure that the students are happy. And whenever I have concerns, she and her staff are exceptionally (EXCEPTIONALLY) helpful! It is clear that this school is all about the students, which is the way it should be!
2 people found this helpful

Pomelo Community Charter School 3

Posted February 24, 2014
The school is great but that doesn't help when the principal is horrible. My child got bullied repeatedly and nothing was done about it. I had to go above and beyond and way over her head and up the channels to see anything done about it. Terrible principal. But the teachers are amazing.

Posted September 15, 2013
Pomelo was great my son went there. He is now at Hale 8th grader. I will always remember fondly his 1st grade teacher Mrs. Gilreath and Mr. Berstein who prepared him for middle school. At Hale he got straight A's last year. Thanks again for all the dedicated teachers. Babbett Goss Hope you win the 5,000 you deserve it!

Pomelo Community Charter School
7633 March Avenue, West Hills, CA  91304
Last modified Pomelo Community Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pomelo Community Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 97 reviews. Top