Posted May 12, 2014
This school is just overflowing with school spirit! Last week was a week long "fitness week" at the school. Kids were encouraged to eat healthy and exercise every day. Coaches went above and beyond organizing extra activities from karate studios, cross fit gyms and college athletes visited too. Too much to mention. Kids made class banners supporting their team and points were given for sportsmanship and participation. So thankful to be part of a school that realizes physical activity is important to our kids!!

Posted May 01, 2014
I used to be a teacher and am honestly VERY impressed by what a great principal we have. She really demonstrates servant-leadership. She works tirelessly to help this school get all the funds to put towards what's best. She is very wise, kind, respectful, positive & genuinely caring. People who speak negatively about her probably just didn't get their way with something and are upset. Saying that she is all about test scores means you really don't know her or have gone to any meetings offered to be more informed to make such ignorant comments. She has the utmost respect from her staff which shows a lot. Very positive & kind school environment! There are many fab teachers and some not as fab but that's in EVERY school anywhere. You make the best of it. We have such a dedicated and awesome PTA to help fund so many of the awesome programs/workers this school offers. What makes a school great is the leadership, teachers, parent involvement & curriculum...this is a great school. So grateful to have my kids here.

Posted March 26, 2014
My 15 year old daughter attended Welby Way and I now have twins in 1st grade. We have very much enjoyed our years at Welby and are looking forward to our last few years there. My kids have received the best possible education with caring teachers, strong principle leadership and a very high level of parental involvement. Our PTA (POWW) is second to non and provides our students with a wide range of extra programs through fundraising and a lot of hard work and commitment to the school.

Posted March 25, 2014
My kids have been at welby for a few years and our experience so far has been awesome. The teachers provide a safe and welcoming learning space that really encourages each child to think above and beyond to exceed their potential. The teachers, parent board (all heart and extremely dedicated ) and Principal Yoo are incredibly impressive. It's easy to see that the principal cares passionately about the students and staff and bonus.. Is approachable! School has always been readily available to answer questions I've had. Lots of programs offered, great pe coaches, Library, sweet nurse.... My kids are thriving and love to learn! Thanks welby way!

Posted March 25, 2014
I have been a parent at this school for 10 years. The quality of teachers and staff is excellent and the parental involvement is much greater than other schools. My children, all with different strengths and weaknesses, enjoyed their years at Welby.

Posted March 24, 2014
What a great school! Principal is amazing - hard working and focused on the students. Couldn't be happier. This isn't our local school so we had to apply to get and and its the best decision we've made for our 2 boys. Lots of extra activities and events. Great parent involvement.

Posted February 28, 2014
AN AMAZING SCHOOL WITH SO MANY ACTIVITIES PUSHING KIDS TO AIM FOR EXCELLENCE NOT PERFECTION BUT YOUR BEST

Posted January 28, 2014
Having come from another school, I disagree with the comment about test scores being the main goal. At my other school, assemblies were held to call up the students who were advanced or got a perfect score on the state tests. Banners were up about the score and the principal met with children to set test score goals. Here my daughter said they blew bubbles on the yard and chewed bubble gum on the yard for five minutes to tell the kids to relax and try their best. I came here on a permit. Parents can go to other schools now and not just the one next to their house because all schools seem to have a charter permit application now and you can apply everywhere.

Posted January 28, 2014
I am on my 3rd child at Welby Way and I must say this is a fantastic school. Our first born child attended another elementary school and it is like day and night. The teachers care, all students are challenged, those that need help get it, those that need advanced work get it, the administrative staff is professional and friendly, the grounds are kept looking great, my children feel safe and we have fantastic parental support. I don't think it truly gets much better and to think we are getting all of this at a public school! It will be a sad day when my last child leaves the school.

Posted January 28, 2014
Welby Way has been excellent for my kids! They really do try to meet each kid where they are and challenge them so they find their potential. I love that it isn't all about academics, rather, they focus on being a good citizen, being active and healthy, and being part of a (global) community. Parents are invited to participate, and there is plenty of opportunities for stay-at-home parents and working parents alike.

Welby Way Elementary Charter School
23456 Welby Way, West Hills, CA  91307
(818) 348-1975
Last modified Welby Way Elementary Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Welby Way Elementary Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 157 reviews. Top