Posted August 26, 2014
We now have two children at the Fairfax campus and we couldn't be happier. We are so grateful to have our children here instead of our substandard local school. They are thriving with small class sizes, two full time credentialed teacher reading specialist, an onsite competent administrator, functioning library, garden, delicious hot lunch program, playground, art, music, kitchen classroom, P.E., inexpensive and fun after school enrichment (everything from Karate to Lego Movie to Mad Science to Watercolor "Math" to math tutoring). In short, what every student should get from their public school. I am grateful that the student body is diverse in many ways and I am grateful that parents are welcome, valued, and even needed. There were some hiccups last year because the two Larchmont schools merged and communication was less than perfect. But this year is starting out very, very well and I think those issues are behind us. Finally, I wish the state provided adequate funding and housing for all schools, including ours, but I am willing to do the fundraising work and volunteer hours to make this a wonderful place. And so is everybody.

Posted March 13, 2014
Our daughter is in second grade. she LOVES school and is learning a ton. academically, the school is on par- or better- than private schools in the area. the kids do loops of 2 years with the same teacher and same classmates. (K/! and 2/3). i think it's brilliant -- obliterates the nervousness in those beginning weeks where students and teachers are getting to know each other and their new classmates. the teachers are amazing. the children are kind-- i haven't witnessed any cliques or bullying. the school fosters an atmosphere of respect. the music teacher, Matt, and PE teacher, Alan, are AMAZING. my daughter gets so upset if she is sick and has to miss a day. parents are smart, like-minded and the student body is both socio-economically and fairly racially diverse. classrooms are large and sunny, the school is 1 of 12 in the country with an Alice Waters' Edible garden so kids get healthy hot lunch every day. we are lucky enough that private school was an option for us but we did not find a single one that even compared to LCW. If you are lucky enough to get a spot, TAKE IT!!!

Larchmont Charter-West Hollywood School 2

Posted December 16, 2013
My kid is on the Selma campus now. If this school walked its talk, what a wonderful school it would be. The parents are mostly kind and cool folks, and the kids are great kids, but that is where the happy story ends in my experience. Teachers are under-skilled, overworked, and not all on the same page. Communication is so bad we laugh about the emails now. Leadership used to be there, but no more. Tremendously disappointing. Others warned me, but I thought they had sour grapes. If they did, then so do I, I guess, but I think the quality of this school is not any better than any other LAUSD school, and not even as good as some of them.

Posted September 23, 2013
We could not be happier with our children's school. The teachers are kind and understanding. The student body is diverse. The parent involvement is huge.

Posted August 13, 2013
My son and daughter attend this school and have benefitted greatly from the attentive teachers and students who are encouraged to work together, play together, and grow together -- there is tremendous parent participation and flexibility in direction from administrators (and instructors). There have been some growing pains, but overall, we appreciate the opportunity to attend.

Posted April 21, 2013
Larchmont Charter West Hollywood has been excellent for my son. He is extremely bright and I feel that the school has been amazing at developing him as a whole person. Just one example I see among all the kids: they are not afraid of public speaking or performing. Since they were kindergartners they have gotten up with and in front of their peers (often the whole school) and are comfortable doing so. Seeing it will blow you away! My son is in 4th grade and I feel we are so lucky to be a part of this amazing school. Thanks to the teacher, and other parents and especially the principal for making it truly great!

Posted May 01, 2012
We were so lucky to win the lottery last year for kindergarten! We can't find the better school for our daughter who loves everything about her school,including the warmest classroom teacher, arts,yoga, PE,gardening and cooking and an awesome music class twice a week. We toured many schools including private schools even though we couldn't afford them.Along the research,I became familiar with the constructive learning theory which was adopted by a popular UCLA Lab school,which we also went to see,and which is truly implemented at our own school!! So grateful for the curriculum,incredible teachers and the principal and the school environment in which each child is respected and encouraged to be independent and an active learner. We commute for over 30minutes one way,but it so worth it!

Posted March 06, 2012
My daughter started kindergarten here in Sept. 2011. She really enjoys the school and loves her teacher. The principal is wonderful and the community is warm and welcoming. Through the Edible School Yard, swiss chard is now a weekly vegetable in our house. Couldn't be happier! We really did win the lottery!

Posted January 19, 2011
There are so many positive things to say about our school! The teachers are dedicated to their curriculum. Students are engaged in many aspects of ttheir learning. Our principal is terrific!

Larchmont Charter-West Hollywood School 0

Posted October 21, 2010
The school has a progressive, challenging curriculum, energetic and creative teachers, and an active group of parents, grandparents and caregivers.

Larchmont Charter-West Hollywood School
1265 North Fairfax Avenue, West Hollywood, CA  90046
Last modified Larchmont Charter-West Hollywood School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Larchmont Charter-West Hollywood School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 37 reviews.