K-8|Private

Bad
Good

St. Albert The Great School in Compton, CA is one of the BEST schools in LA to educate your student. The faculty is kind, loving and teach from the heart. They are dedicated to our school and especially to our students!

I attended Saint Albert the Great in the early 1960's in the 7th grade. At that time there were no sisters, no convent, no auditorium, and there weren't many grade classes, but the studies were the same and of course the homework was always there to be done. I enjoyed my whole time there graduated in june 1963 and continued going to the school on the grounds because Regina Caeli wasn't built yet and the Cows were across the street where the school stands today. One year in particular st. Albert the great School flooded because of the rain books were floated in the class rooms and some desk too. Of course school was cancelled that week, other things that happened many dances were at the hall back in the day and little carnivals would be set up on the grounds, many activities that St. Albert the great school did then the students were always involved especially during christmas time with plays and choir singing and such, we also played and won volley ball games during those years also. just a great time to be a student at Saint Albert's, and I hope the students of today are enjoying their time there too. Maria Perryman class of 1963

Excellent school. My son has been attending St Albert for 6 yrs now and I must say that they have an excellent curriculum as well as a great staff. Mrs. Johnson, the principal, is a prime example of what school principal's should be. She gives her all to her students. My son is now in Mr. Taurac's class and I believe that he is an excellent instructor. He goes out of his way to make sure the children have all they need and are prepared for the following year.

The principal and teachers care for the students. I am thankful for the free Afterschool tutorting.

My son attends St. Albert and I love their curriculum. Not only do the children get to learn about Religion they learn how to grow as a person. If you instill values in a young person they will grow up to be caring, understanding adults. I can see the difference between a student from a private school and a student who is from a public school. The children have a reinforcement at school as well as from the parents at home. My friend who is a third gade teacher stated to me that public school children are way behind. If you don't believe me look at the statistics of children who fail or get very low grades on the CAT test. Also, look at the number of children who don't pass the exit exam when they are seniors in public school. I rest my case.

I love St. Albert the Great Elementary. All three of my children attend. My oldest child J. Kelsey started in 2003. The principal Mrs. Tina Johnson has really improved the quality of an already exceptional school. May God bless you all for taking such wonderful care of my children. Mrs. Tina Johnson is the best principal ever.

I'm a former student and now my son attends this school. I'm also very pleased with the school and its staff. My son went to 2 other schools and they didn't know how to deal with him. He wasn't learning and he was just getting into trouble all the time. We had to return him to St. Albert because they were able to deal with him there. They had the patience for him and he learned so much! His behavior improved so much as well. He also started praying before going to bed and saying thanks for his meals. Both my husband and I love this place!

I'm very happy to have my children here as they have improved a lot since they were in a public school. The staff is great and very helpful. Thank you for your hard work.

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible... I am a former student and the quality of education has declined. I sent my children there and was disappointed. I agree with the previous reviews when stated that tuition supercedes education. The teachers were 'teachers' aides' (involved parents at the time) when I attended so that isn't saying much for the school. Mrs. Parham resigned without warning. Administration advised the parents not to inquire about the sudden events and the principal of the middle school ran both schools. Totally disappointed... A waste of time and money...

Last modified St. Albert The Great Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8