Posted May 22, 2014
I absolutely love this school. By far one of the best schools in sacramento area. Teachers are very involved with the kids. The staff is professional and caring. Best choice I ever made by choosing this school for my children's education.

Bridgeway Island Elementary School 1

Posted May 21, 2014
My child is in first grade she has ended up almost wetting herself the 1st she ask her teacher to go to restroom.2nd time she ended up wetting herself.I asked to speak to the principal they said she wasn't there I left a note never got a call, never try to reach to me.My daughter is not the only person in her class that has done this another shy girl had this happened to her too.If the teacher is busy you will pull your card .you get no field trips for 1st grade

Posted March 24, 2014
My three kids have been in this school for 5 years now. This is a great school. No school is ideal but this school has lots to offer. I like the fact that the principal of this school dresses so professionally. This sets the dress code for the teachers and the students. Each year this school keeps getting better and better.

Posted October 23, 2013
I am so happy with this school, the teachers are wonderful and care not only about academics but about teaching the students social skills and manners.

Posted October 22, 2013
We recently relocated from NYC to West Sacramento. The most overwhelming task was trying to find the best school for our child. In our prior school my child had to deal with bullying, their for selecting the right school was very important. Not just any school would do as we had our list of concerns. And our prayers were answered and blessed with Bridgeway. The school has an excellent Principal & Asst. Principal and express no nonsense policy on bullying. Each of my daughter's teachers have been supportive and helpful to each of us as a family, not just our child. They all have websites keeping us abreast to each wks lesson plans. Weekly emails letting you know on class happenings. My daughter a shy student is now part of many extra curricular activities, joined the volleyball team, participating in school talent show. Bridgeway has excellent teacher/staff, strong principal/school leadership, and challenging academic programs. The school's PTO also invaluable in helping us and our child connect to the student body and teachers. As a military family we have seen our share of schools, and none like Bridgeway.

Posted October 22, 2013
Bridgeway Island Elementary School is the best elementary school in West Sacramento. Lead by Principal Grace Chin, the teachers and staff are second to none. Having successful students is top priority. They're given the tools to do their very best. Teachers are willing to give up their time to help all students whenever needed. They continue to provide extracurricular activities such as sports, band, theater, a recycle club, and others to keep the students interested in their own education. The PTO helps provide assistance with whatever the school needs. There is a terrific feeling of "community" at this school. There's no reason why any student attending this school wouldn't be excelling.

Bridgeway Island Elementary School 4

Posted October 15, 2013
The teachers and staff are wonderful. They care about each student and want everyone to achieve their goals. The only suggestion is to have cleaner bathrooms.

Posted October 15, 2013
I don't know why I overlooked this school. Originally sending my child to a neighborhood private school where each year the tuition went up and the principal's attitude plummeted down. We couldn't take it anymore and made the switch to Bridgeway. What a Difference!! My child in engaged and the curriculum is at a much higher level than the private school. Teachers push kids to always give their best and holds them accountable for their choices. The principal, Mrs. Chin, is what finally sold me. She is on top of it. Comes out to greet the children and the parents. She holds informational coffee time and attends PTO meetings. She makes herself available and doesn't hide behind "pre-determined answers to questions given beforehand or an attitude of 'because that was my choice' " which I experienced in the other school. Great community environment and good kids. Go Bridgeway Bees!

Posted October 07, 2013
Bridgeway is such a great school, both our kids enjoy their teachers this year.Many of the teachers are so involved and have great communication skills! One of the only fallbacks is lack of field trips (that all other schools take). We are happy to know our kids will have lasting friendships from bridgeway.

Bridgeway Island Elementary School 4

Posted September 25, 2013
I am so glad my boys now go to their neighborhood school. They used to go to another school that I had to drive them to, when we had a wonderful school 2 minutes away! My second grader is actually excited to do homework and tell me what he did during his day (a big change). Ms. Kugler is very kind but firm with the kids and very energetic and excited to teach them. My older son likes the fact that the classes and halls aren't packed like his old school. Bridgeway is great!

Bridgeway Island Elementary School
3255 Half Moon Bay Circle, West Sacramento, CA  95691
Last modified Bridgeway Island Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bridgeway Island Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top