West Sacramento, CA

Posted May 20, 2014
I went to this school for kindergarten they had nice teachers .My child had two kinder teachers that would switch days to teach .only problem is yard duty people if you don't like working with kids don't work there .

Posted April 26, 2014
This is a great school. All of my past daughters teacher remember her by name. The teachers have gone above and beyond in teaching my daughter and her classmates. I am very impressed with the entire staff of Stonegate Elementary School. They have also consistently been teaching the kids how to write cursive!!! As outlined in the state parameters for what the children are taught based upon their grade level...... We have found the more involved you are as a parent in the school and your childs education the better the results are, but then again that is just common sense...

Stonegate Elementary School 1

Posted April 06, 2014
I dont like this school. My kid has been crying all day because of these girls who love to make fun of people. I went and talked to the vice principal but still this is out of control! I will make my daughter go to bridgeway all these girls need to stop!

Posted February 20, 2014
Absolutely fantastic! In my opinion, some of the hardest working teachers in West Sacramento!! Go Lions!!!

Stonegate Elementary School 2

Posted January 20, 2014
Some teachers spend whole periods goofing off with the classes. Some teachers provide information that is simply wrong, use the class for a soapbox for bizarre world views on controversial subjects, and show horrific movies with often foul language. The school is locked down, not open after school to play, and few activities. Principles yell at older siblings waiting across the street to pick up kids. Police search bags of all students when a phone is stolen, violating rights without even informing parents. Parents must sign many meaningless papers each week and give teachers personal information. Students don't learn how to write cursive. The dress code with colors prohibited is intended to deter gangs - of K-8 students? The security alarm code is discussed loudly for all to hear in the front office. The list of problems and mis-administration goes on and on. Stonegate compares very unfavorably to other schools seen in Yolo County. On initial view it looked OK but after giving it time we are very sorry to have no real alternatives. Parent involvement is a relatively high point.

Posted February 07, 2013
Before my son started to attending this school last year, I did my homework and researched the test scores, attendance records, student body size, and current and future plans for the school. My husband and I met with the principal and found him to be open to dialogue and feedback from parents. We are both very pleased with the school so far, understanding that this is our son's first year there, and opinion's can change. The principal and vice-principal are actively engaged with the students and the parents. All the student's are used to seeing them regularly out on campus, and in the classroom. I have only wonderful things to say regarding my son's kindergarten teacher as well. Also, the principal and vice-principal hold a monthly principal-parent coffee to discuss concerns, and upcoming issues and new things occurring regarding the school. We feel very good about having chosen this school for our child.

Stonegate Elementary School 2

Posted September 05, 2012
My children have attended this school for several years and have had good experiences. The test scores keep rising for the school, which shows they are doing something right. My children continue to learn and be challenged. Thanks Stonegate.

Posted January 25, 2012
5-stars is not a high enough rating. The new superintendent and principal to the teachers and even cafeterians are concerned with each student individually, academically, and personally. My son's teacher stays after school to give him personalized tutoring. There is simply no better faculty at ANY school--public or private alike. My son has been in both, and this public institution out paces his $3000/month private school by light years. 5-stars times an order of 10 would be closer to describing how great this school really is!

Posted February 26, 2011
Kindergarten has been the best experience. So far impressed with the new principal. Lots of parent involvement in the classroom, parents are always welcome. Class size is 20-21 kids. We've been very pleasantly surprised. I hope 1st grade is great too!

Posted August 18, 2010
I love Stonegate. the teachers and staff are wonderful and the yard duty's are grate they seem to love what they do. keep up the good work.

Stonegate Elementary School
2500 La Jolla Street, West Sacramento, CA  95691
Last modified Stonegate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stonegate Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top