West Sacramento, CA
Students enrolled: 1,963

River City High School 2

Posted October 24, 2014
Filled with under-achieving students. Run entirely by women. Very anti-male, don't even think of sending your boys here. The principal bragged to me that her three boys all tested out of high school and didn't attend the last couple of years at all.

River City High School 1

Posted June 05, 2014
This school has the most unintelligent idiots working in it. I brought my red pair of toms on the last day of school and they took me in the office and made me stay in there for the rest of the day. They were more strict on the last day than they have ever been the whole year. When do you hear of a gangster with toms. I'm a 15 year old male btw.

Posted January 30, 2014
I am a proud alumni of River City. Proud Raider. I like the programs that were offered at River City when I attend the school. I remembered the quality of education that I got from all of my honors and AP classes- I will always remember Mrs. Conolly- great French teacher, and best Tennis Coach Brooks. The lessons that I've learn from these teachers are teamwork and hardwork, positive attitude and problem solver. At the time, I didn't realize how these little lesson will help me and now I am proud to say they have made a difference in my life. Their compassion and dedication to their students are way beyond any teachers that have ever ecounter- even now as I am working in various school districts. They are truly Teacher/Coach of the century.

River City High School 1

Posted January 17, 2014
This is the worst school the kids are so disrespectful and unsportsmanlike it's a shame that schools have to be like this! It's disgusting how people act & patents need to step up as well as the coaches & teachers! If I was a student I would be ashamed to call this my school! No class & no respect for peers!

Posted May 15, 2013
I am a senior at River City and I think overall it's a great school. Some people say there are fights, gangs, drugs, fires but honestly thats all just blown out of proportion. Yes, there is an occasional fight. But try and find a single school that has never encountered a fight or other student drama. As for "gangs", there is no gangs. The staff or parents, whoever is saying there is a gang problem is being simply ridiculous because I know pretty much almost every student there and no one poses the slightest threat of "gang violence" NO ONE AT RC IS INVOLVED IN A GANG. It's West Sacramento, not Compton. River City is a great, safe environment, with a ridiculous amount of security patrolling every bit of our beautiful campus, that we aren't even permitted to leave during lunch, which sucks, but like, over all it's a wonderful school, with amazing teachers and staff who do the most to help you get through your four years, they always keep you on trakh to graduate and do everything in their power to aid you in any way. Most of the students are great, and the curriculum is well-rounded and I believe that attending River City can actually get you somewhere in life. (: -student

Posted April 17, 2013
I think this school is pretty amazing. New campus in 2009 and has a very nice diversity of students with different backgrounds.

River City High School 2

Posted February 21, 2013
I am a parent of Two student at RCHS. I would NEVER RECOMMEND This school to anyone. They dod not have it together at all. Kids are disrespectful, parents of kids don't parent, teachers "MOST" don't follow through. I have a student with a disability and getting everyone on the same page "thier own created plan" DOES NOT HAPPEN. I think the majoraty of the staff are idiots and do not care for the future of our children. MRS GRISAFFI on the other hand is amazing! The students like her, parents like her as far as I am concerned she should be running things. They did get one new VP this year that seems to try.....Sad thing is....I do not know how this school will manage to keep ahold of any good teachers. I thank Mrs Grisaffi for being a saint every day I see her!!!

Posted September 25, 2012
This school is amazing! It offers a variety of different classes and sports. RCHS offers a great, clean, campus with security. I don't know why people say there are a lot of fights because there isn't.

River City High School 4

Posted March 11, 2012
I really like this school. Yes, there are bad kids but thats normal. I believe that if everyone tries we can make this school much better for the years ahead.

River City High School 4

Posted August 17, 2011
It's honestly not that bad of a school. It's a little rough around the edges, but that's normal. There will always be some bad kids here and there but you can't judge the entire school on that just because they stand out more. The "gang" activity is kids wearing the color red, big deal. Red is a nice looking color. There's this blanket of misinformation where the whole administrative and parental systems thinks there's some huge gang threat but there isn't. It's not gangs so much as it is races, and we live in a diverse area so you really just have to deal with it. The education system isn't bad either. If you ask around, you know which teachers will do the best job for each subject and all the counselors would love to help you get there and are very understanding when it comes to schedule changes. I take all AP and honors classes and I've yet to see any fatal flaws with the system in place. I just wish that admin would focus less on "gangs" (because there aren't any real gangs, just posers, and even they are pretty jovial and nice) and try to sand out the problems we do have, like getting more kids motivated. The image is blown out of proportion. It's really not a bad school.

River City High School
1 Raider Lane, West Sacramento, CA  95691
Last modified River City High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River City High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top