K-8|Private

Bad
Good

I can't wait to remove my kid in this school. We decided to put my kid here to have a good education and to know god better. Me and my husband are really disappointed, because every monday the teacher will give her an assignment that she already did a few months ago. The teachers are new that came from different state, it looks like they are just practicing to have their certificate....ok that's fine...but think about it, we are paying for the tuition...it's not FREE-that's why i look for good results. Also, i don't like that the grades are together like for example 1st and 2nd grade are in the same room and 1 teacher. One time, i attended one of their friday mass i was in awe when the principal is the one that gave the homily, not the priest, I told myself what the heck!!! I know their tuition fee is really affordable, but for me i rather pay an extra bucks to give my child a better education. Very disappointed!!!! Doesn't even deserve 1 star..

Holy Cross School is one of the best. Things this year are different, but not the teachers and staffs leadership and one on one attention the kids get. The low enroll is a shame, seems some of the parents have forgotten what support your school really means. I have experience with the local public system (WUSD) it is not what our kids should be exposed to. With WSUD if your child falls behind they stay behind.

Holy Cross School has been the best! My child had unbelievable one on one attention from the 3rd grade teacher. She was able to change her teaching methods easily to fit each child. I highly disagree with the children being unprepared for 4th grade. Since there was a combined class of 3/4, it added stability for the children to have the same teacher again. Unfortunately, there was a change in leadership which led to low registration, BUT this next year will bring back much of the community to Holy Cross. We all need to show our support now, in order to keep this wonderful school in our community. I am thankful to God that Holy Cross is here.

I sent my child to Holy Cross - and from grades K-2, I was EXTREMELY happy. Then, they changed leadership and it all broke down from there. My child's 3rd grade year was awful! A number of parents complained about ineffective teaching methods, rigidity and arrogance shown by some of the teaching staff, and a lack of preparedness in math for the students. Leadership failed to effectively address any of these issues. As a result, many of the children who were transitioning from the 3rd grade were unprepared for the 4th grade did not return (my child included). A decrease in registration resulted in having to combine classes for the following year. We were sad to leave, but it was absolutely necessary. My child tested above their grade level exiting 2nd grade and tested well below their grade level exiting 3rd grade. Completely unacceptable.

My daughter is completing her final year at Holy Cross and will be attempting to get into Christian Brother's High School or Saint Francis High School next fall. I have been very pleased with the school and could not image her attending any of the public schools in the area. In some sense, I think the school coddles the children abit more than I would like (but this is a father talking). I also think the school could greatly improve if there was a male teacher available for some of the higher grades.

Last modified Holy Cross College Prep Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8