Westlake Village, CA

Posted February 23, 2014
I love this school and I am so thankful this is the neighborhood school for our 2 children. The Principal is amazing. The teachers are involved and caring, first class. The grounds are green and beautiful. Our kids are so happy here. Thank you Westlake.

Posted August 05, 2013
Great school - my twins have completed K - 2 and had great teachers each year (they are in separate classrooms.) I love the teachers, the principal and the staff here.

Posted May 08, 2013
We have had the honor and pleasure of being at WLE for the past eight years. Our older daughter is now in 8th grade at Colna and our youngest is in 5th grade. We will take with us eight years of learning, laughter and love! From Principal Rickert through the teachers to the yard supervisors to Eric to Sue the crossing guard, everyone at his school puts the children's welfare first. Parent involvement is always off the charts as well! I can almost guarantee that WLE far surpasses any private school you can find. In addition to the stellar academics, the activities such as the Talent Show, the Haloween Parade, and of course, the incredible Musical, enrich the kids in many more ways than just "reading, writing and arithmetic!" While Disneyland holds the title of "Happiest Place On Earth," this school runs a very close second. We will miss all the WLE has to offer, and we only hope that those who attend now and those who will in the future fully appreciate and are grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this school. The only negative to this school is the kids have to leave after 5th grade! This is truly a magical school!

Posted February 02, 2012
My child is in 1st .grade. So far we have had two incredible teachers in Kindergarten and First grade. Mr. Sarena and Miss Britton clearly love their job. It's wonderful when teachers like these really care about your child. We are very pleased with the progress so far. My only complaint is the school district's choice of what they call "every day" Math. It is not very challenging, but that's not the teachers' fault

Westlake Elementary School 4

Posted June 19, 2011
Both of my daughters began at WLE in Kindergarten; one completed fifth grade while I transferred the other to a nearby charter school after 1st grade. I volunteered in the classroom every year and saw a lot of "teaching to the test," busywork, and little creativity or stimulation for the intellectually curious. While 75% of the teachers are good or excellent, they are hamstrung by the system. The CVUSD math curriculum known as "Everyday Math" is disorganized and goofy and the reading curriculum is not very interesting for advanced students. The child I transferred out was bored out of her mind as were the top students in her class. Children who thrive with structure and don't need much out of the box can do well here. The music programs are very good and the computer lab is fantastic. The PFA provides activities that are both fun for the kids and make the parent-donors feel good about the school. However, the 2007 comment here on excessive materialism of the parents is dead on and I noticed kids becoming more immersed in the ambient self-centeredness and materialism as they got older. That was sad to watch, but it's due to the parents and a community obsessed with appearances.

Posted July 16, 2010
I have been impressed with the teachers personal touch in education. Everyone is so kind and willing to work with our kids. Its a great place to be!

Westlake Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Westlake Elementary School has a wonderful group of families, teachers and administrators who care about the welfare of the kids, school and community.

Westlake Elementary School 3

Posted July 27, 2009

Westlake Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2008
I love their focus on reading and mathematics. Just need more structure, disciplining and more homeworks and children safety. Overall it's a great school.

Posted June 02, 2008

Westlake Elementary School
1571 East Potrero Road, Westlake Village, CA  91361
Last modified Westlake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westlake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top