K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I am so excited about St. Jude School! After trying both public and a different Catholic school in the area, we have finally found our "home" at St Jude. There is a strong academic focus but there is also a warmth and an understanding of childhood development. I have seen a huge academic jump in my daughter as well as a true LOVE of school and learning that she never had before. The school incorporates technology in every classroom and has many popular extra circulars. St Jude is an incredible community where parents are very involved and supportive of each other. There is a joyful energy on campus that starts first thing in the morning. The kids are taught to respect each other. There are programs in place for older children to help younger children which creates amazing bonds between the grades. If I have complaints I would say that some policies are a little rigid (but nowhere near our previous Catholic school). Also some grades have too much homework (but I don't believe in homework at the elementary level). Our kids spend so much of their time at school that it is crucial to find the right fit. For my children, this school has been a true gift! I only wish I could have found it sooner.

We decided to remove our children from public school for many reasons and have not been disappointed with our decision. From the daily religious education to the student academics and accountabiiity and a strong sense of community, we have loved this school from day one! The teachers at St. Jude are very dedicated and highly qualified.

This is a public school labeled as private. Seek elsewhere for a better academic experience for your precious child. Stay away from this school!

Our son attended St. Jude for middle school. I couldn't possible say enough positive things about this school. The middle school teachers are simply the best I have ever experienced. The literature selected is always new, fresh, engaging and most importantly, relevant to the students. Instead of "bible thumping," as many religious schools do, the kids do journal writing and reflect on morals and values. Current events across the globe are discussed almost on a daily basis. These teachers are connected to their students in everyway. I wish we would have discovered St. Jude much earlier. It seems that every teacher our son has had since, we have measured next to the standards that were set at this school, and most pale in comparison.

Recently selected school for our child. Feel as though interest is more on social status and not on strong academic focus. If only school supported students as much as they focus on auction and fundraising. Learned recently of bullying and weak measures admin takes When dealing with serious issues on campus. Unsure of homework and testing policies in place. Tests always seem only on Fridays - teachers don't talk with families or students. Room for great improvement. Many good schools in area - would take due diligence before Enrolling in the school.

School is great for families. Academic focused school. Principal changes through the many years have been an adjustment. Teachers care about students. Some classes could be divided into two classes. Parent involvement required and giving donations is requested often. School does not have the best recess area for young and older students. Overall a good school and teaching staff.

Our second child is just about to graduate from SJS. Both of them spent their entire elementary and middle-school academic careers at St Jude's and they have enjoyed it tremendously. The basic skills they have learned from the quality staff has made them very successful students. Our oldest has just been accepted to an elite college on the east coast and our youngest is heading off to the high school she has selected, enrolled in all honors and CP classes. She also has eyes on the Ivy League and law school. St Jude's has truly prepared our children for the future. Beyond the academia, the school prepares the children for life in modern society. Using faith as a back drop, it teaches the children to be kind, loving and supportive members of the community. Even after leaving the school, our oldest has remained involved in the church and the community as an active problem solver and volunteer making a difference in others lives. That is the quality of children that St Jude's produces. We highly recommend the school to anyone looking for a quality education based on making your child a good catholic in today's world.

We decided to send our three children to St. Jude's for a number of reasons. Daily faith formation and moral structure, student academics and accountabiiity and a strong bond of families are some of the main reasons. Our oldest is a freshman at a private college prep high school with very challenging academics and I am proud to say that St. Jude has prepared her very well. The teachers at St. Jude are very dedicated and highly qualified. There is a special bond between all the students, teacher and faculty.

While no academic structure is perfect, St. Jude the Apostle School's academics are equal to, if not better than other same-size Catholic schools in the area. However, what differentiates our school from the rest is the feeling of camaraderie among the families, the spirit of teamwork and naturally the great teachers we have. Students who have graduated from SJS have excelled elsewhere and that's a fact. Of course, we are always striving to do better and it takes a whole community to do that. We're doing it!

Currently 3 of my children attend SJS. My eldest daughter graduated from St. Jude's two years ago. She misses the daily interaction she had with both faculty and students. She describes her experience at St. Jude's as the 'best time of her life.' I currently have 2 middle schoolers that are being prepared to enter high school. In addition, I have a Kindergartener that is enjoying the relationships she is making. She also is being well prepared to enter 1st grade by her 2 loving teachers. Recently I joined the staff at SJS. I am enjoying getting to know the students and staff. I look forward to my family's future experiences at the school.

Last modified Saint Jude The Apostle is a Private school that serves grades K-8