Westminster, CA
Students enrolled: 2,680
Before care: Yes

Posted November 23, 2014
WHS has been warm friendly kind and understanding, the receptionist is doing Multitasking and has so many things going all at once, she does her job with compassion and class, the attendance secretary is very receptive and she has a keen sense of whats going on with the students she does not judge and is helpful, attendance has gone out of the way on a very busy day to make the issue i am dealing with in regards to a teenager i have been heard and understood, helped and validated by the vice principle of discipline. The school is patient with all the students, even in supervision...a much need sternness is given but i observed what I would call a great deal of love behind the disciplinary motives that came to the students who were there as i was waiting, it was very nice to see people being concerned and respectful to each other to the parents and to the students even as trouble is brewing with a student they are well trained to be an understanding sounding board.i trust WHS to care, they are very fair God be for you WHS!

Westminster High School 4

Posted December 08, 2013
A lot of reviews might criticize this school, but if read carefully, those reviews are rating this school based on that are no longer valid to Westminster High School's current condition, such as experiences a whole decade ago. This school has many resources for its students, the problem isn't with the school, but with the students who don't try or use the resources. If WHS was to have admissions requirements and entrance exams like top schools such as Oxford Academy, then this school would be one of the best, but this method is not deemed as fair here and so the school's credibility is left in the hands of its students and demographic and I can tell most of the current teachers and staff try to help all of these students. Your high school experience is greatly differentiated by the level of classes you take too.

Westminster High School 3

Posted August 01, 2013
I Would Like my son study english an he live a new experience, know others style live, other country, maybe play footbol whith other team

Westminster High School 1

Posted August 18, 2011
It has been 10 years since I graduate from this school. One word to describe it: horrible! When I hear people telling others that the honor's program here is extremely rigorous, all I can do is just shake my head. I graduated whs passing 6 AP exams with at least a score of 4; but if you think that is going to prepare you for college, you need to take a walk and breathe in some fresh air. This school is best at making kids work hard in areas that do not benefit them for college; its teachers love to assign busy works and parents are often not too smart to figure out what is going on until it is too late. If you want to prepare yourself for college, then take college classes at goldenwest college instead of taking its AP courses. 10 years ago, the math teachers there were horrible; if they are still around, start running the other way! Everything about this school is horrible to me except the friends that I made during my time here. If you are a parent and you have a choice, send your kids to Irvine. If you are a parent and you do not have a choice, then beware that some of these teachers are the most horrible people you can trust educating your kid! Don't say you hadn't been warned!

Posted August 04, 2011
I have been a student at Westminster for 3 years, and I have loved it ever since the first year! The honor's program here is extremely rigorous, but it ensures that we will be ready for college as soon as we graduate! The teachers are encouraging and always willing to help. The MERITS program is also great because it allows us to take more rigorous AP classes early on, an advantage over other schools.

Posted May 09, 2011
I am currently attending this school going on 3 years. I love this school and its environment. I am one of the few non-Asian students that are in the AP classes and I am part of the music department. I would say that this school excels in academics, but not so much in sports. We could have a better sports program but I understand that ours sports teams do good in alternating years. The incident with the former Biology teacher should not reflect poorly on the school in any way. For those thinking of transfering students to other schools, I would like to say that 1) no other school in the district can say that they have won the OCAD 5 years in a row, 2) that student would be missing our on great academic opportunities offered at Westminster, and 3) its just ridiculous that people think because a teacher went astray that it is going to affect the students badly.

Westminster High School 1

Posted April 26, 2011
My kid have been in this school for two years. She is not happy at all. Students here are always bullied and jealous. One of the blond old woman in the attendant office is not very nice to the students and parents. One of the biology teacher and his wife has an inappropriate behavior with his students. The teacher makes the school look bad now. Is this how the biology teacher teach the student how to learn inappropriate manner. I am going to transfer my kid to a different school next year.

Posted February 27, 2011
I love this school i have been here for 2 years so far the football program is excellent and clubs are excellent. Sports overall in this school are excellent with a 6 year win in league for football. I love this school it is amazing and i have no complaints. i dont know what people mean by gun shops across the street and camera pointed in restrooms ... i havent seen that .. thats insanity hahaha their just making up stuff to give this school a bad name

Posted September 16, 2010
I am an alumni from this school. Graduated 2009, and I absolutely love this school, the students, the environment (even though there's construction -_- ), especially the teachers. I've been in college for two years now(plenty of great professors) but my fave instructor is still my Jr year English teacher at Westminster. The teachers/administrators all genuinely like the students and are all working for the students. MERITS allowed me to take all four AP science classes by the time I graduated and now I don't have to take any science classes in college. It was hard work but the teachers I had made it all worth it. If your student's middle school feeds into WHS I recommend you seriously consider this school. All of my mentors stem from my HS experience.

Westminster High School 4

Posted July 02, 2010
All three of my children have attended WHS. I have been very pleased with the staff. They have been very accommodating with my special education child.

Westminster High School
14325 Goldenwest Street, Westminster, CA  92683
Last modified Westminster High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westminster High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top