365 students|Ocean View

Bad
Good

Posted April 17, 2014
Always was and always has been one of the best schools around with a very caring, giving staff who are there for the benefit of the children.

Westmont Elementary School 2

Posted September 25, 2013
My son and I are new to the school. He is in Kindergarten. I am concerned with the high number of children who cannot speak English in his class. Seems as though that will take a lot of time for the teacher and slow the learning process of those who are english speaking as a primary language. Also the school could use some love and care. Looks like it has been neglected for quite some time. Even my childs classroom does not seem to be bright and cheerful. Very small classroom for the ratio of 29 to 1. Ocean View school distict is so overflowed with incoming new students this year in all elementary schools. This school was NOT my choice as I read the test scores myself. I applied for the other schools but they were all too full. I am hoping that my son gets what he needs here and I suppose I will have to work double if those test scores are correct.

Westmont Elementary School 1

Posted August 19, 2013
Westmont used to be one of the highest rated schools in the district. Dr. White and each year that she was the principal at Westmont the test scores skyrocket. Dr. White eventualy moved to College View also there scores are jumping! Mrs. Furman the new principal hchanges everything that Dr. White has built up. Mrs. Furman is dealing with exactly the same demographic that Dr. White did. Scores plummets 4 years in a row! Westmont is now rated second from the bottom. As a parent I'm getting beyond concerned, assuming that the district will step in and do something. But no, nothing happens, I start looking into other schools. Mrs. Furman tells me that its the english learners that are making the scores go down. Makes no sense to me as I can clearly see what the test scores are for english learners at other schools in the district. Westmonts scores are lightyears below in every single demographic than any other school in the district including the english learners that she's so quick to blame. Mrs. Furman is a nice, but she tells you one thing to your face and does another or in most cases nothing at all. We ended up leaving the school, 5 out of "our" class left because of Mrs. Furman.

Posted January 15, 2013
my child is in the special day class and i agree that this is a great school with great teachers. my child has autism and is doing great. im so happy, great job mrs. niar!

Posted March 23, 2012
It's just an amazing school!!!!!!! My son has been here since kindergarten, hes in 3rd grade now and all I can say is that this is a great school, the principal mrs furman is always making sure that the students are getting t best education, Mary is always making sure the oficce n school is running smooth, and the teachers are doing tremendous job with the kids,they all r very passionate about their jobs, they always in constant communication with the parents, we have had... Mrs Nordin, Mrs batterman, Mrs Lutz, and Mrs partida/waldshmit,, and I just love them all I'm pretty sure my Christopher is getting the education he deserves and learning the lessons he needs!!!!!!!! Thank you weaning school****

Posted March 09, 2012
I Love This School I Attended Here When I Was A Little Girl And I Loved Everything About It Im 16 Years Old Now && I Miss This School So Much <3

Westmont Elementary School 4

Posted October 05, 2009

Posted September 20, 2009
My grandson really likes the teachers he has had and has. Everyone in the office is friendly and very helpful (especially Mary) The teachers make sure that the students understand what is being taught to them.

Posted September 16, 2009
Westmont Elm has been a great schooling experience for my son. He's doing extremely well and learning so much with the great curriculum. The Teachers are great as well!

Posted May 13, 2009
My son Faheem went to Westmont for Kindergarten and Grade 1. He has Mrs Garcia and Uradomo. It was a wonderful experience for us. There are alot of ESL kids, however it was never an issue for us. Faheem made wonderful friends with them.Mrs Garcia rocks and has such a paasion for teaching, her classroom and the kids. The principal /Dr White is an equally wonderful person. she always smiled and was easy to talk to. Kudos to Westmont We moved out of state, if not my second son would be going there. K

8251 Heil Avenue, Westminster, CA  92683-7834
Last modified Westmont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westmont Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top