Bad
Good

Very very unorganized! The office manager in the front can be very rude! When I called the school to talk to the principle all she did was make excuses for the office manager! This and many factors are why I am moving my daughter out of this school! Zero stars

I love this school. I'm happy with the principal, the PTA and the cultural diversity, acceptance, parent participation and overall community(I like that they consistently include language translation). My child feels safe and secure.He has good friends and continues to learn new things each day. I really like the family activities (book fair, skating rink, open house, etc). Every time I speak with the principal he shows an invested interest in what is best for my kids and supports me in decisions I make for their individual education. The staff use a gold-slip reward system for discipline and I find works well for my child and most of the other kids I know. The facilities are a little dated but they take care with maintenance and painting. The parking lot is a little crazy but they have added a second helper this year which makes a big difference at drop off and pick up. Teachers are a little hit and miss. Some are amazing- love the kids and really care about their improvement. Unfortunately, though, some of the teachers are a little stubborn and care less about the kids getting individual attention (I think this is largely due to the class size being too big!- 25-30 kids).

Principal is great! Kinder teachers not!!! Please help in fixing that! Well not all but most are rude! For some of the parents, including myself, this is their first child in kinder! So we would appreciate it if you communicate more on what's going on! How to do certain things.. Why you do certain things that way we can be on top of what we need. Oh and just a suggestion... I feel like this world is always advancing and we live in a world of technology! Maybe the teachers should do weekly emails to the parents that way we get the announcements every week! Because some of us work and aren't always the person that picks up our child! Thank you for reading!

My son had been here 4 years ,I have no complain. The staffs did excellent job.

My kids have been there for three years. So far they are doing good. Excellent grades can't complaint. Lately my kids have been experiencing some issues with the teachers. The PE teacher made them seat on the hot pavement on high temperatures. Also my son complaints that the teacher does not let him go drink water during class. He also says that she has a problem with bottled water. I' m going to investigate on that. Despite those issues my kids have been getting great education so B+ for Schmitt.

Schmitt has a very dedicated PTA. They truly care about the school, students and community. Their after-school PRIDE program is excellent and they too care deeply about the children. The STAFF may not be perfect, but there are many of us who really strive to improve our teaching and we desire the best for our students. Teacher's work hard and do more than just teach academics, we go above and beyond for the students in so many other ways. We really appreciate the support from parents and the community.

The teachers & staff are awesome! They take the time to know each student and their needs. From the custodian to the principal they're friendly and outgoing with everyone- parents included. Half of PTA consists of staff. Moved a few years ago, just out of the Schmitt area, but still kept my kids there because I love Schmitt and staff staff so much.

School is awesome the whole school is like a family away from home the teachers and staff take time to know each of there students and are really involved in PTA the campus is really clean and safe for our children and we also have wonderful nurse that is so caring to our children I would highly recommend this school to all my family and friends.

My son attended last year in the special ed class. The teacher did not challenge my son. All she would talk about were the things he wasnt able and would not be able to do. She made it seem like she could do nothing for him. The aids would also yell at the children in front of the parents. I since have transfered my son and within 3 months he was doing everything the teacher had said he wouldnt do for years. The teacher makes all the difference.

A good school overall. New principal this year. He has made some changes but I think he has pushed parents out. There are some good teachers in this school with a lot of experience but there are few who need to retire. They have no motivation to make things better.

Last modified Schmitt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.