Bethany Christian Academy

Private | K-8

Living in Westminster

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $385,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,620.

Sweep tile

Posted January 1, 2014

Our oldest son started kindergarten this year and LOVES this school. He has always learned new skills quickly and at this school he is challenged to learn more and continue to keep on learning instead of staying with the pack. The parents are encouraged to help out with the classes and are given opportunities to drive for field trips, help with lunch duties, and be in the classrooms whenever needed. Our second son is currently enrolled at the preschool and adores his teachers. The preschool teachers are kind and gentle and loving and the students are given many opportunities to play and learn through creative play. We can't wait until our youngest son is old enough to attend this school!

Posted December 18, 2013

I attended Bethany Christian Academy for seven years, 2nd grade through 8th grade. I feel I got a great education there! I came from a public school that had a classroom attendance of 40 with 1 teacher. It took some of my second grade year to get caught up, to eventually be grades ahead of the national average. My three girls now attend Bethany. One has special needs and has received great attention, and because of it is at or ahead of where she should be for her grade. My middle child is also ahead of her grade level. They both love their friends and are loved by the teachers. The third is in the preschool (Bethany Christian Preschool) and already knows how to spell her name and is beginning to read. She is ready for kindergarten according to state standards and just turned 4. Enough said, we love Bethany!

Posted August 6, 2013

For 10 years my children have been at Bethany. One year I had to put them in a public school due to financial troubles, but I quickly had them back at BCA the next year. I could write pages about why I prefer BCA over the public school, but the biggest is the individual attention the students receive. The smaller class sizes aren't the only reason - The teachers just honestly are more caring and attentive. They pray for & love our kids and really get to know them. At one point when my oldest son was struggling, I would get daily emails from the teachers regarding his progress. My 5th grader has computer class daily and helps me with commands when I'm typing a document! Also, their tuition seems to be lower than other local Christian schools. As a struggling single mom, I can tell you it is worth it.

Posted August 27, 2013

My son attended Bethany age 2 (at the pre-school) and K through 8th grade at the academy. Bethany prepared him for a successful high school and now college career. He not only had access to high academic learning, but has made life long Christian friendships. Bethany helped my son develop a good character, strong mind and good morals. The extra curricular activities in addition to learning makes Bethany a well rounded school.

Posted August 24, 2010

The preschool is under a new director and she has made big changes. The school is moving more toward academics and developmental learning. My daughter is in the 3 year olds class and is writing her name and learning to read many words. I love this school and I am impressed with the creative activities my daughter gets to do regularly. I feel like this school does a good job partnering with parents to make sure each child is successful.

Posted August 22, 2010

This school exceeds your expectations. The teachers are wonderful and caring. Most have credentials or masters degrees. The curriculum is excellent. They have so many extra curricular activities like drill team, sports, music and plays. All students have computer classes and pe. It's a place i highly recommend!

Posted March 28, 2009

It's a wonderful school and a good value for your money. The staff is caring and the teaching methods are excellent. Four of my grandchildren have been students at Bethany and I am so glad they were! The extra activities are also great: art classes, cheerleading, sports, etc.

Posted May 7, 2008

The school implemented a Spanish elective this year and I heared that they school will be inplementing a Drama elective next year. The school is continously offering more and more to its students. I love this school.

Posted April 28, 2008

i was a former student at this school. it was the best 8 years of my life, i feel. and i made many life long friends here because of the small class sizes. i got a lot of one on one tome with the teacher and it really feels as if they are your second family. the staff for after school is also very helpful and nice. over all i feel that graduating from here was a good idea because the subjects and curriculums i learned here really help me now in high school. a
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 18, 2007

Both my children attended Bethany Christian Academy Kindergarten through 8th grade. It has been the best investment my husband and I have ever made. In additon to an excellent education, the foundations of their spiritual, biblical values and beliefs were engraved in their lives. Every teacher led them to a deeper commitment to God and encouraged them in their walk with Him.

Posted May 14, 2007

I think the school is great! My kindergartener is learning things my niece and nephew are learning in 3rd grade in public school. I am also very happy with the spiritual teaching she is receiving, it's more than just learning verses. I highly recommend BCA to anyone!

Posted June 28, 2006

This is a wonderful school that offers a great education plus spiritual guidance, as well. Three kids in our family have gone to this school and we have been very satisfied with the quality of curriculum. The staff is pleasant and caring.

Posted February 17, 2006

Great school! kind and loving staff, teachers and principal. Very supportive kids.

Posted February 2, 2006

The programs for this school is wonderful. They have great sports porgrams and are open to help from parents at all times. There is a wonderful commeraderie between parent and teacher with this school. I highly recomment it

Posted September 14, 2005

I have three boys of which two attend public school and my youngest this school. We sent the youngest there because after we paid for the daycare before/after school it was only a very minimal difference and he was given full-day kindergarten with aides with 21:1 student/teacher ratio versus a few hours with upwards of 30 students at the public school. He has just blossomed and exceeded my academic expectations learning cursive and reading at a 3rd grade level without pressure. Another wonderful thing for a working mother is that the homework is age appropriate compared to the public school where I felt like the parents were doing all the teaching at home every night. Our son is also being nutured in his relationship with God. Yes, it is more costly than a public education but I really think it is so worth it.

Posted June 28, 2005

The school has a great music program including musicals, handbells and recorders(second grade), keyboards(6th-8th grade). The school has also just completed a new building for the Jr. High which includes a computer lab containing 22 new computers. Sports & extracurricular activities include: drill team, puppetry, speech meet, spelling bee, volleyball, softball, soccer, basketball, and football. The school uses several curriculums: ACSI, Bob Jones and ABeka. curriculum.

Posted September 4, 2004

My daughter attended this school for 3 years. If you have a child who learns quickly, he/she will do very well here. Academic standards are high, as well as behavior standards. More recently, they have started a program to help children who struggle. As with any school, there is good and bad; therefore, you must consider the needs of your child and weigh them with what the school offers.

Ethnicity This school
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 3%
Two or more races 3%
American Indian/Alaska Native 2%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab
Note: Data provided by school administrators and community.
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
Note: Data provided by school administrators and community.
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

13431 Edwards Street