Posted May 20, 2012
I have custody of my little brother and he is currently finishing the 3rd grade in Ms. Leanova's class. All I can say is wow what a great teacher! She really cares about her students and their progress. She calls and informs me of various things regarding my brother and I really appreciate it. She pushes them in English and I saw a big improvement. The office staff was always pleasant and they had tons of great sports for my brother to play. My brother enjoyed the academics and the sports. Great school I definitely recommend it, they are making a lot of positive changes.

Posted May 01, 2011
Bear Viver School/Wheatland Elementary is an excellent school. After the merger of Wheatland Elementary (PLEASE stop calling it Wheatland El) and Bear River, the class sizes did increase slightly. This increase in class size put this school at the average student to teacher ratio in the state. State budget cuts and a dip in enrollement made Wheatland Elementary no longer a fiscally viable option. I can understand the parent in a previous comment being a bit frustrated at the lack of Arts and culture classes, HOWEVER, this doesn;t make the area's academic level low. It only points to the fact that this is a small district and thus has limited subject availability. When it comes to the core classes, English, Math, and Science, Bear River School is top notch, as shown by their title of "Distigushed School". It seems that maybe this parent relocated to a small town thinking it had big city budgets. Last but not leaset.....I know for a fact these teachers do care. The problem is that a lot of parents don't care or think that teachers are supposed to teach their kids everything. These teachers not only care about the academics of their students, but their well-being as well.

Wheatland Elementary School 0

Posted October 07, 2009
Last year my son was in K and things were decent, but now that they have moved to Bear River and made it K-8, the class is much larger, he complains that he doesn't get enough time to eat lunch, and he is having much more diffuclty understanding the curriculum. Way over crowded, way under staffed, and I get the feeling the teacher's could care less.

Wheatland Elementary School 0

Posted May 21, 2009
If you are considering this school, you should know that the district is planning to close Wheatland El at the end of 2009 school year (June 2009). They will be moving into the middle school making it a K-8 campus. Thus doing away with class size reduction and having approx. 30 students in each class for next school year

Posted April 20, 2007

Wheatland Elementary School 1

Posted February 07, 2005
Recently moved into this area and was surprised how low this area's academic level is. My child used to have music, art,PE and culture class everyday, but now she does not have any of those. Teachers don't care about the details. Planning to go to the different school.

Wheatland Elementary School
111 Hooper Street, Wheatland, CA  95692
Last modified Wheatland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wheatland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top