Wheatland, CA

Wheatland Union High School 1

Posted May 18, 2015
I have a freshman at the school and am very disappointed! It seems very few are concerned with struggling students and the leadership is horrendous! I have been met with leadership who seems to be unconcerned with academic success. Many teachers are terrible inconsistent with their grading and do not seem to take a vested interest in students' education. Instead of being friends with the students, they should be there to teach! My child is often told to copy notes and then study them with little to no instruction. I will say that the school board seems to be taking notice and parents are voicing concerns that it seems that things are changing. I hope to see a change in leadership!

Wheatland Union High School 1

Posted March 20, 2015
Sucks teachers don't know what there doing and the campus is dirty old and decaying

Wheatland Union High School 2

Posted September 18, 2014
Although this school has great teachers, the office staff is horrible!!! Rude and they do not help you with anything! If you have a question, they will not answer it!!!

Wheatland Union High School 5

Posted June 19, 2014
I am a student. I have no words to say how amazing and family-like this school can be. The band program goes above and beyond in every category instead of sinking as people would expect from a "small town band". I have moved around and never have I felt more loved than when I went to wheatland. There are very few teachers that I found rude and had an issue with, and I've never heard of anyone being bullied. The best thing about wheatland , besides Mr.Achilles, is how small the band is. People may say it's a bad thing ,but it really isn't. The small size allows everyone to get to know one another. No other school has been so accepting than Wheatland High.

Posted September 16, 2009
My daughter is in her senior year of highschool and overall she has had a good experience at Wheatland. We moved to the area 5 years ago to be in a smaller community. The school is very small compared to the highschool my other children graduated from. I enjoy that you don't feel lost in the crowd. We have a new principal this year which to me seems the change we needed. He is full of ideas and community. We also have a fabulous new band and choir instructor that started in the middle of last year and he as far as I can see is doing a great job. If a parent is not satisfied with their school get involved there are all kinds of places to get involved from Boosters to FFA help your teachers and coaches out you will find it benefits your children and your community.

Wheatland Union High School 4

Posted September 16, 2009
Wheatland is a close knit community and everyone supports each other, even the military kids.

Wheatland Union High School 5

Posted September 16, 2009
Our school is awesome because of the teachers and the amount of care and attention they give to the students!

Posted September 16, 2009
Wheatland High School has maintained a long tradition of academic and extra-curricular excellence while managing to retain its small town appeal. The staff, teachers and support staff alike, are devoted to providing an exceptional high school experience for our children and their devotion is supported by the community.

Posted September 16, 2009
The Wheatland High School staff places students needs first. The teachers are dedicated to ensuring that the students leave with Wheatland High School with the skills necessary to succeed in the next stage of education - college.

Wheatland Union High School 2

Posted April 29, 2009
This school has low expectations for its students and its teachers. Test scores are dismal with no desire to improve. Top students are stifled by a lack of advanced courses, a one-box fits all approach to learning, and an administration that works for the teachers instead of for the students. After four years of so-called advanced English classes, my child was required to write one five-page paper. The Math program fairs worst, with most teachers covering less than half of the required California Math Standards for the subject.

1010 Wheatland Road, Wheatland, CA  95692
Last modified Wheatland Union High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wheatland Union High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top