Posted October 27, 2014
Best school in thin world! I definitely feel fortunate to have been able to depend my preschool through eighth grade years there! I love the teachers. This school isn't just a school, it's like a family! Everybody is very nice, there I no bullying and there are all kinds of different personalities that get along with everybody! I like be this school so much!

Posted April 24, 2014
Parents: Do your homework. Please tour other schools before making your decision. Don t be fooled by the uniforms and the fancy spelling tests. Don t confuse values (like those you teach at home) with education. The school is a privately owned for profit school. The owners distance themselves through an administrator. A former teacher sued the school. The school lost a jury trial and then filed bankruptcy. The owners risked the livelihood of their staff and the future of the children s education. At Carden, it is not your child who comes first, but the owners pocketbooks.

Posted October 26, 2013
Don't belive the fake reviews written by die-hards, or teachers who send their kids here for free, at other students' expense. ... Some bad apples here (teachers and administrator) give this otherwise ok school a bad name ... shame ...

Posted September 14, 2013
Carden is a great school that will help teach your child respect and discipline. My children have attended Carden since preschool and I was noticing the other day how well mannered my daughter is when it comes to other people. If she accidentally bumps into someone or is trying to go around someone, she always says excuse me and thank you. I know that her manners have come from school. They are taught to respect teachers and other adults. Rudeness is not tolerated. At a time where manners are being forgotten, it's nice to know that Carden still makes this an important part of their teaching. If you come for a tour of the school, you will definitely see a difference in Carden students. As far as the new hiring of several new under qualified teachers, 3 new qualified teachers have been hired over the past 2 years, the other teachers have been there for more than 10,20, some almost 30 years. It is a great school with a lot to offer. My children have all loved Carden.

Posted September 12, 2013
This school is a hidden gem in Whittier. Carden is a private school with extremely small class sizes, old-fashioned values and curriculum, and high standards for academic achievement. Children learn the basics and are at least one year ahead of their counterparts in public school. My children have been there for 4 years now and I wouldn't put them anywhere else. The teachers are extremely dedicated and committed to excellence. My daughter's CAT scores this year prove that she is head and shoulders above other students in the country, and I have Carden and it's teachers to thank for this!

Posted September 11, 2013
It makes me sad to see how people can be able to post some of these posts! I think this school is amazing! The teacher's are there for only two reasons....they believe in the method and their love for each and every child! I think the best schools are the ones that have their teachers there because they believe in the school! They will be here tjrough thick and thin! That is what makes Carden so special! My advice to people looking into schools is to go and make an appointment at each school....I think then you can make an better decision for you and your child! There are many parewho love and support this school. They teach morals, values, respect & indepence! If I had the opportunity to do it all over again...I wouldn't change a thing!

Posted September 11, 2013
My children love this school. It's amazing seeing the 7th and 8th graders playing with the nursery and preschoolers! My children know just about everyone there at school. This school has become my children's 2nd family. The teachers are great! The curriculum is amazing. I appreciate the values this school holds. I always get compliments on how well behaved and well mannered my children are everywhere we go! I do my best to teach my children....but they would not be who they are today if it wasn't for Carden! I thank each and every one of the teachers and staff for having such a positive impact on my children's life!

Posted September 02, 2013
This school is basically run by one woman who owns it completely, but hides behind a clerk title and remote controls the school's former PE teacher as the principal. Some teachers are "un-educated" and many are un-accredited. My kid is smarter and better mannered than most "un-educated" teachers here. Judging from the advertising sounding reviews with 5 stars attached to it, it appears that some parents and teachers are getting a discount on their tuition from "Mrs. Simms" of the "Little House On the Prairie" school ... Ask around and find out for yourself why many parents have been pulling their kids out of this school recently. ... Go figure ...

Posted September 02, 2013
This school is definitely on its way down. The owner does not care to know why some parents are pulling their children. Most of the old-timer teachers, 15+ years, are very good teachers. However, for whatever the reason (probably profit motivated), the school has decided to hire many under-qualified teachers who would never be allowed to teach in public schools. Many relatively newer teachers seem un-educated, un-qualified, and un-bearable. Some teachers are passive-aggressively rude to some parents and children; if you don't speak perfect English as a parent, don't sent your kids here, as you will be treated with disrespect, though parents are the ones paying the teacher's salary. I was not feeling all that comfortable at this school as spurts of exodus of students was happening; I inquired, then I also decided to pull my kids. This school emphasizes discipline, but the children are already more disciplined, and smarter, than some of its under-educated teachers and the administrator that give this school a bad name. I would give this school a minus star if I could.

Posted July 11, 2013
I have had 2 children graduate Carden, and 1 that still attends Carden. During graduation, the high school that the children are going to attend are announced. Most have been admitted to their high school'sIB program or tech program. The others have been admitted into the honors program. My son attended high school with boy who attended another private school in the area and my son was much more prepared for high school than the other boy. As far as parent involvement is concerned, you can be as involved as you want to be. There are fundraising committees that can be joined, volunteer for class parties, help coach sports teams, just to name a few. I have found that most parents do not have time to spend extra time volunteering and appreciate that it is not required. All three of my children have enjoyed and excelled at Carden.

Carden Whittier Private School
11537 Grovedale Drive, Whittier, CA  90604
Last modified Carden Whittier Private School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Carden Whittier Private School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top