K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Sending my daughter to Carden was one of the best things I ever did for her. She went there from pre-school through eighth grade. She enjoyed it so much she returned there to teach. Her Daughter is now a student there as well.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Carden students are taught to be polite and caring towards others. They are taught to be respectful in all aspects of life.

Best school in thin world! I definitely feel fortunate to have been able to depend my preschool through eighth grade years there! I love the teachers. This school isn't just a school, it's like a family! Everybody is very nice, there I no bullying and there are all kinds of different personalities that get along with everybody! I like be this school so much!

Parents: Do your homework. Please tour other schools before making your decision. Don t be fooled by the uniforms and the fancy spelling tests. Don t confuse values (like those you teach at home) with education. The school is a privately owned for profit school. The owners distance themselves through an administrator. A former teacher sued the school. The school lost a jury trial and then filed bankruptcy. The owners risked the livelihood of their staff and the future of the children s education. At Carden, it is not your child who comes first, but the owners pocketbooks.

Don't belive the fake reviews written by die-hards, or teachers who send their kids here for free, at other students' expense. ... Some bad apples here (teachers and administrator) give this otherwise ok school a bad name ... shame ...

Carden is a great school that will help teach your child respect and discipline. My children have attended Carden since preschool and I was noticing the other day how well mannered my daughter is when it comes to other people. If she accidentally bumps into someone or is trying to go around someone, she always says excuse me and thank you. I know that her manners have come from school. They are taught to respect teachers and other adults. Rudeness is not tolerated. At a time where manners are being forgotten, it's nice to know that Carden still makes this an important part of their teaching. If you come for a tour of the school, you will definitely see a difference in Carden students. As far as the new hiring of several new under qualified teachers, 3 new qualified teachers have been hired over the past 2 years, the other teachers have been there for more than 10,20, some almost 30 years. It is a great school with a lot to offer. My children have all loved Carden.

This school is a hidden gem in Whittier. Carden is a private school with extremely small class sizes, old-fashioned values and curriculum, and high standards for academic achievement. Children learn the basics and are at least one year ahead of their counterparts in public school. My children have been there for 4 years now and I wouldn't put them anywhere else. The teachers are extremely dedicated and committed to excellence. My daughter's CAT scores this year prove that she is head and shoulders above other students in the country, and I have Carden and it's teachers to thank for this!

It makes me sad to see how people can be able to post some of these posts! I think this school is amazing! The teacher's are there for only two reasons....they believe in the method and their love for each and every child! I think the best schools are the ones that have their teachers there because they believe in the school! They will be here tjrough thick and thin! That is what makes Carden so special! My advice to people looking into schools is to go and make an appointment at each school....I think then you can make an better decision for you and your child! There are many parewho love and support this school. They teach morals, values, respect & indepence! If I had the opportunity to do it all over again...I wouldn't change a thing!

My children love this school. It's amazing seeing the 7th and 8th graders playing with the nursery and preschoolers! My children know just about everyone there at school. This school has become my children's 2nd family. The teachers are great! The curriculum is amazing. I appreciate the values this school holds. I always get compliments on how well behaved and well mannered my children are everywhere we go! I do my best to teach my children....but they would not be who they are today if it wasn't for Carden! I thank each and every one of the teachers and staff for having such a positive impact on my children's life!

This school is basically run by one woman who owns it completely, but hides behind a clerk title and remote controls the school's former PE teacher as the principal. Some teachers are "un-educated" and many are un-accredited. My kid is smarter and better mannered than most "un-educated" teachers here. Judging from the advertising sounding reviews with 5 stars attached to it, it appears that some parents and teachers are getting a discount on their tuition from "Mrs. Simms" of the "Little House On the Prairie" school ... Ask around and find out for yourself why many parents have been pulling their kids out of this school recently. ... Go figure ...

Last modified Carden Whittier Private School is a Private school that serves grades K-8