Posted March 04, 2014
Finally a distinguished school! Granada was finally recognized for the years of hard work the teachers, staff, and administrators have been doing. This is a great school with a caring staff.

Posted April 03, 2013
The bullying at this school is horrendous! I know what its like because i WAS a student here. My last day here was less than 10 days ago. Its sad because the teachers do a good job and are caring, but my classmates ruined it. I also wish the school was more focused on academics rather than on making the school look pretty. I mean they raised 25,000 dollars and decided to spend it on unecessary decor to the school, yet theres no library ! What the heck?? Well anyways, if you plan to send your child to this so called "good school" i suggest you do not. The bullying is horrible and the counselors dont care. This place is a mess.

Posted July 17, 2012
There is very little I can say about GRANADA MIDDLE that would be Positive.The school is one of the worst schools in its districts.My son and daughter both attended that school almost three years ago and from what we still hear is the admin staff continues to cover up serious issues, take behavior issues (like constant harassment by staff to our daughter) It was so bad in some cases it was teetering on a serious topic students have to deal with on a daily basis called Bullyism !.My husband and I ended up taking both our children out of that school..Aprox two weeks later other parents had got in contact with us and shared similar experiences with us.I Sadly enough we just couldnt believe that these situations still continue to this day!. One parent said that the admin at that school does as little as possible about these matters.,but if it does come up again they will do anything they can to see that it goes way like dirt on the floor(sweep it under the carpet). My Husband and I have learned alot since than, no matter how good the school might seem or how it looks on paper ,we really should start listening to our children and our hearts just a little bit more!. GOD BLESS

Posted July 21, 2011
I am now a freshman going to La Serna High School. During my 6th, 7th, & 8th grade years the teachers helped me grow as a person. My years at Granada greatly influenced me in becoming a leader. Being in ASB my seventh & eighth grade years and being ASB treasurer was wonderful. The only thing that bothered me was them canceling their honors program. I was in all honors my 6th & 7th grades years. And in 8th grade(the last year of honors) they had canceled honors social studies. Being in a class with kids who weren't at the same level intellectually definitely held me back. I don't think that canceling honor will do any good, personally.

Posted August 27, 2010
Unbelievable!! Granada has now done away with their Honors Program!! What is happening to this school?? They are trying to score higher on their CST without having to accomodate their GATE and gifted students. These children need a challenge or they will go stagnant. Shame on you EWCSD!!

Granada Middle School 0

Posted May 16, 2010
One thing that particularly impressive about Granada, is that the staff from other districts have moved their own children to EWCSD elementary schools and onto Granada. We just had the grand opening of the Fitness Center that one of our teachers wrote a Grant and was awarded the money to create an actual full fledged fitness center for our students and staff. Our technology continues to develop and increase.

Posted January 21, 2010

Posted September 16, 2009
Granada does not have enough programs for kids and their Theater Arts department is horrendous as is their GATE program.

Posted September 16, 2009

Granada Middle School 4

Posted July 31, 2009
This is a great school, my kids enjoy there time here and can't wait to go back to school!

Granada Middle School
15337 Lemon Drive, Whittier, CA  90604
Last modified Granada Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Granada Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top