Hillview Middle School 5

Posted October 14, 2014
I love this school, the staff is personable and friendly just like the principal. Every parent I speak to feels like a small school parent in a ritzy school. Principal Davio will sing school messages to you and keep things entertaining. Their STEM program has inspired my son and he is embracing newly found academic curiosities. The recent investment to build up academic programs here is the reason we moved. You can't go wrong with Hillview Middle School.

Hillview Middle School 5

Posted September 08, 2014
This is the second year my son attends Hillview MS. He has had nothing but a positive experience at this school. There is good and bad in any school your child attends even at a school that rates a perfect ten! But our children's interest in school all depends on our children's effort to learn and also their parent's support. My son's teachers have been great and what I love the most about the school is they way we as parents are able to keep up with our kids through the parent portal on the school's website. It's our responsibility to keep an eye on our children and keep up with the school if we feel there's a problem. Overall, Hillview is a wonderful school.

Hillview Middle School 2

Posted June 04, 2014
In regards to the "Teacher's" review that was posted; that is scary! Grammar is Important for crying out loud! As a "teacher", you should have proof read your review!!! My daughter has 2 more years before starting middle school... I just don't know where to send her. I need to do my research & pray for an answer.

Posted May 07, 2014
I have read nothing but negative reviews about Hillview Middle School and I thought people needed to hear the real truth. My son is currently attending his 6 the grade school year there and has had a very positive experience. The School's Principal Ms. Cadena and Vice Principal, Mrs. Torres are both awesome. They hold the students accountable for unacceptable behavior and the school is a safe place for our children to attend. The teachers who my son has this year are all wonderful and passionate about teaching. My son loves all of his teachers. There of course are bad apples at any school you send your child to. We love Hillview!

Posted September 14, 2013
Hello parents out there i am a teacher at hillview and me and the other teachers are trying our hardest this year to make this school a better place for your child. I will admit some teachers would not pay as much attention,but now we are stepping up our game. We are putting our foot down and showing those kids whos boss. We are having more consequences and privalages, we will be fully be supervising this school we will make sure that your child is safe.Secondly we will make all of those test scores improve higher!!! Hillview we will make it to the top . ! So please give us teachers credit......we are trying our hardest this year and we will not give up!! We will be here day and night to make your childs scores higher if we need to.....so send your child here.

Posted December 04, 2012
This school is terrible. Do not send your child here unless you want them to be bullied or turn bad. As a former student of this school I can say so myself that it was easily the worst time of my life. I got in trouble a lot, teachers didn't help much, I got blamed for loads of things, and got caught up in some pretty bad messes. Lots of gang members are at the school too. Also there were after school fights going on every day. Teachers won't care for your children if you send them here, and if you do send them here, they'll make your child feel like a troublemaker, no matter how well behaved you think he/she may be. There has only been a handful of teachers that have actually helped me during that time. The worst part isn't even the classroom, its during break, lunch, and after school. That's where all the real mess happens. There are no clubs at this school and no one pays attention to the after school teams. If you want your child to have a poor experience in their life, hillview is the school for you.

Posted June 16, 2011
This school is one of the top in my book. I have seen several over the past many years and this school is right up there. I would have given 5 stars if there where more parent involvement. I know the PTA is spot on and those that do get involved, this is not for you. This is for the parents that have children that fail then turn and blame the school and say you didn't know. I guess it is the swing of the social pendulum to push blame to the school and teachers and everyone else when you stood by and let it happen. I have watched this administrators, teachers and staff work feverishly to get your children to pass. I applaud Hillview for doing what they can with what little budget is left. I have even watched teachers take money away from their families to spend on your children. It warms my heart to know that educators like these still exist. Hillview, stay the course and fight the good fight. You guys do a bang up job.

Hillview Middle School 3

Posted May 26, 2011
I used to think this school was going downhill, until we moved to La Habra and I transferred my kids to Washington Middle School in April. BIG MISTAKE!! There are kids affiliated with gangs there and drugs, which they have seen among other kids. Some of the kids at the school tell them " You are the white girls from HIllview" We are hispanic, I guess just not mexican enough... When you compare this school to HIllview, there is a big difference. I know every school has their strengths and weaknesses, but HIllview is way better than where my kids are attending. I should have never taken them out. We hope to move back to Whittier by next school year.

Posted May 25, 2011
This school sucks !!!!!! dont ever let your kids or family member go here !!!! the worse school in East whittier They treat my son like he was a trouble maker never listen to he side and blame him just cause someone said a different story how i knew he wasnt lieing he would grades are gcry and said i didnt do these thing there saying im doing. my son is a great boy and is never late likes to go to school never tells me doesnt want to go to school and his grades are good.This is the worse school hes never been too !!!

Posted October 03, 2010
I hate the school. The rules there are awful and some of the teacher are jerks too. First off I remember last year all the eigth graders said "oooo" in lunch time. It wasn't that big of a deal no one was fighting yet the principle put it where all the students missed their feild time. The honors program is easier then anything. I hate most of the teachers plus Mr.Johnson is a creep. I hate that school! It treats the students as if it was a private school with all the outstandish rules!

Hillview Middle School
10931 South Stamy Road, Whittier, CA  90604
(562) 789-2000
Last modified Hillview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillview Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top