Whittier, CA

Laurel Elementary School 2

Posted June 02, 2015
I have been a parent of this school for 13 years. All four of my children have attended Laurel and unfortunately what started out to be a great school has steadily declined over the past 4-5 years. When my oldest daughter started attending this school, the staff valued the student/teacher/parent relationship. Now it seems they are only there to fill the day and the students aren't measuring up to the other schools in the district. Since the current principal came on board the atmosphere has diminished. I am very sad to see this school go downhill so quickly. I am now considering private school for our last child that is entering the fourth grade so that he can improve academically and be successful in middle school.

Laurel Elementary School 2

Posted August 12, 2014
I don't feel my son is learning what he needs to know at this school. When he started it was great but since changes have occurrd this past year they haven't been great. Rude people in the office and a horrible new principle. I don't see this school going anywhere. Maybe it's time for a change

Posted May 06, 2010
My 3 children went to Laurel. It was a great school.

Posted March 04, 2010
Wow! The staff really cares about their students. They work really hard to see that their student grow and excel both academically and socially. This school has managaed to bring back the arts that so many school are not able to include in their curriculm. With tecnology, music, dance and art being apart of our world now students are able to really benefit from these resources. The collaboration of the teachers really shows in the students growth. My 7th grader lovee to go back to visit the staff because of the sense of community that this school offers. She always talks about how the staff is a big family. Not only do they care about their students but they care about each other.

Posted March 04, 2010
Excellent staff that values learning. The school has great community and cares for students.

Posted May 21, 2009
I have two kids who attend this school and would never send them else where. This school and our family are the perfect fit. The teachers and staff are all respectful and very helpful. The school has a great gifted program for students. I love this school and the best part is that my husband attend when he was a child, our daughter's teacher was my husbands teacher when he was there. This school has a real family feeling and the friends not only the kids make are just one of the special things about this place.

Laurel Elementary School

Posted April 27, 2009
This school has been amazing. Since our new principal has arrived and with his involvment with the children, I can see a difference.

Posted August 22, 2008
I love laurel school..It offers great curriculum,the teachers are awesome!The Principal is out of this world!laurel school knows the meaning of order!

Posted May 06, 2008
I love this school. The new Principal, the PTA president, and parents are involved in this school.

Posted August 08, 2006
The newly assigned principal should greatly enhance the school. Everyone who has met her has been greatly impressed with her knowledge, kindness and concern for all children.

Laurel Elementary School
13550 Lambert Road, Whittier, CA  90605
Last modified Laurel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laurel Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top