Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 22, 2016
The school has great teachers and staff! My daughter had Mrs. Murphy for Kindergaten and we absolutely loved her!!! She was caring with the kiddos and had a well organized curiculum for them. For 1st grade, we got Mrs. Ouchi. This is another wondeful teacher, caring with all the kids and super involved with all activities. My daughter says she's a funny teacher and she makes her smile. A plus in our books =) I like that they have many means of communications to be reached by. E-mail, text with the remind app, phone calls etc... If I have a concern, they reply right away. Overall a great school!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 22, 2016
Thanks for being so patient and loving with my daughter Mrs. Murphy and Mrs. Ouchi!!!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 22, 2016
My daughter has anxiety and the teachers and staff are always patient with her when she has her moments.

Mulberry Elementary School 3

Posted November 07, 2014
The school needs a lot of improvements. The principal does not seem to care for the school. My child is a student there, I had some concerns about the school when the school year began. I left a message for her and it took her 2 weeks to return the call. The PTA is new and it looks like they are trying their best. Parent and teacher involvement is very low. The school has potential, with the right leaders.

Mulberry Elementary School 2

Posted August 22, 2013
this school has the worst parking /dropoff ever!!! and my son's teacher is really rude!!!

Posted May 30, 2013
This school is amazing. My children's teachers as of far (One in 1st now the other in Kinder) are great teachers. Mrs. Murphy is always there when you need to talk and Mrs. Sanchez does a great job as well. My children do get homework. Kinder not as much as 1st grade. There was a new principle this year. She seems to be doing a good job. If I were to move I'm making sure I stay within the limits of this school. I do know with all schools you will have a few not so good teachers.

Mulberry Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2012
Mulberry has been a blessing in disguise. My daughter loves it here and has learned so much. Her teacher is challenging her individually, as well as giving her great classroom support. The principal is amazing. She knows all the kids names, addresses them every time she sees them and is fair. The PTA could have more involvement, but with working parents I guess it's tough.

Mulberry Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2012

Posted January 14, 2011
I love Mulberry... from the amazing and caring principal (Mrs. Hamano) to the awesome teachers and volunteers. My daughter loves going to school each day.. she learned how to read in 2 months while in kindergarten because her teacher makes things fun for them. I am a believer that your child will succeed not by time they spent at school, but by the support we as parents give our teachers at home and at school. Remember that teachers have to attend to 18-20 so their individual time is limited, but we can help them by helping out kids at home, asking questions and staying active in the school community. As a community we can make mulberry an even more amazing and great place for each of our kids.

Posted May 25, 2010
This school has a 4 star rating on great schools because it does not test the kids. The school (and its parents) do not believe in stressing elementary ages children. There is no homework till 3rd grade because the school believes that after 6 hours of school, elementary aged children should go and play and spend time with their families. This is an amazing place!! I went to the screening of " A race to Nowhere". if you agree with the values in that movie, this is the school for you. My children are having a real childhood because of this school. Thank you to all of you - Teachers, Parents and Staff

14029 East Mulberry Drive, Whittier, CA  90605-3169
Last modified Mulberry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.