Posted December 04, 2014
This school is amazing! The staff there are dedicated and loyal educators committed to working with the families and students to create an enriched environment!

Posted May 17, 2014
This is a great school! The principal is very enthusiastic and does all possible to achieve a positive and safe learning environment. Class size is high but I'm not sure if that is a Murphy Ranch or East Whittier School District issue. We have had great experiences with all the teachers and my daughters love it there.

Posted March 18, 2014
We have been at Murphy Ranch since Kinder we just love the school. The principal is wonderful she really listens to parents works on making sure children feel safe. Teachers are caring and are always willing to help where they can. The PTA seems to work hand in hand with the principal. Lots of parent involvement . We had a choice between private school or public this school has a private school feel. The only negative is the Kinder play area seems a bit small for the amount of kids.

Murphy Ranch Elementary School 2

Posted November 20, 2013
Education is not bad, but the morale is low. My daughter came from a private school for preschool where it seemed like the teachers and staff were more genuine in caring about the students well-being and education. My daughter started kindergarten this school year at Murphy Ranch, and it has been nothing but problems. There was a little boy who was consistently picking on my daughter and pulling chairs from under her during class time; I suppose the teacher did what she could by moving him. Then I come to find out that a little girl in her class is bullying her on the playground during recess. After communicating my concerns to the teachers and staff, it seems they could care less about the well being of the children. They care more about high test scores. It's a shame that the elementary school is such a disappointment since we pay a lot for property taxes in order to live in a nicer neighborhood, Friendly Hills. Considering taking my child out and putting her back in private school.

Murphy Ranch Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2013
This is the year that may change this schools high test scores. This year all children kinder to 3rd grade will be in a 30:1 classroom!!!! I was disappointed to enroll my 5 year old to this school and find that he is crammed in a bungalow with 30 kids!!!!! One teacher cannot properly teach soooo many kids! In South Los Angeles, kinder to 3 rd grade are still 20:1. I might as well enroll my child into a school in LA. Also, don't let the high scores make your decision, visit the school first. You will see a yellow playground for childen to play in, only one slide and only two swings for 90 kinder kids to share during recess!!!!!! It is a very ugly playground and they cram 30 kids into a bungalow. Consider private school!

Posted September 21, 2012
We have 3 children who have attended and are attending Murphy Ranch these past six years. In the past, the Murphy Ranch set the standard for other elementary schools in the area, which in turn resulted in a friendly competition to be the best. Now, not only has Murphy Ranch continued to maintained great standardized test scores but other schools in the area are also on par. You can't go wrong with any of the schools in the East Whittier school district, that's why property values have been maintained and out of district permitees are up. Murphy Ranch has a caring Prinicpal and she is dedicated to wanting to do what is best for the student and teachers. Currently, she is spear heading efforts to make Smart boards available to her students for cutting edge advance instruction. The PTA at the school is very active and supports the efforts of the principal and teachers. Finally, there has been a transition in great teachers leaving to retirement, however, there there still is a balance of experienced 'Master' degreed teachers with newer advanced degreed teachers which in turn lends for a smooth transition reflective also of the surrounding community. Do not be misled by the 'haters' .

Posted April 10, 2012
I just had to reply to the most recent posting. In my opinion the morale at the school has improved significantly in the past few years due to the caring commitment of our principal and the willingness of the staff to try new strategies. Despite the pressure of constantly needing to improve test scores while dealing with a dwindling budget, Murphy Ranch provides a positive atmosphere for working and learning.

Murphy Ranch Elementary School 1

Posted April 01, 2012
Poor leadership, This school has clearly changed throughout all of my children's school years, there is no more enthusiasm, nor moral at this institution.

Posted February 28, 2012
Great school, great staff and great leadership. I wish some of these parents with negative comments could see the quality of other schools in the area compared to this one. This is the best elementary school in the district. My advice would be to never leave your child in a school you don t like. Especially one you are publicly trashing. This is a public school, you have an option to go to private or transfer out if you are unhappy. Some complaints are about the technology approved? Take a drive down Whittier Blvd. into Whittier more and visit some schools. I think maybe then you will feel blessed to have your child in Murphy Ranch.

Murphy Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted February 23, 2012
As local educator who does not work at the school and parent of an attending child, I see evidence that Murphy Ranch excels beyond many schools in the area. For example, I have observed many small group settings in classrooms demonstrating that teachers are differentiating instruction to meet the needs of all students. In addition, I have observed great teacher and principal leadership where both are doing what ever it takes to make certain that each student reaches their highest potential. I think we all need to stop and consider the core values of what schools are all about--our kids getting what they need to be successful for their future. Our focus as parents should be about student success rather than attacking others. Every school has obstacles, and instead of being critical of one another, I think we should work together to create greatness for our children! Let's do what is right here!

Murphy Ranch Elementary School
16021 Janine Drive, Whittier, CA  90603
Last modified Murphy Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Murphy Ranch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top