Posted August 07, 2014
EXCELLENT SCHOOL, GREAT LOCATION, GREAT PARENT INVOLVEMENT, BEST STAFF EVER , CARING, LOVING AND LEADING OUR FUTURE

Ocean View Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2014
Concerned about the direction the school is heading. We lost some awesome staff members, I don't feel the administration has a good pulse on the school.

Posted May 08, 2014
we moved here from Oregon in what was considered an "excellent" school. my first grade twins were VERY far behind when we started here at OV but with the expectations this school has set and the amazing work of their first grade teacher, my girls have grown leaps and bounds in just 10 weeks! i cannot wait to see where they are after next year!! i love that OV makes going to college such a priority! every week my girls are talking about where they might like to go! it's never too early to plan!!

Posted January 15, 2014
This is a fantastic school. Every teacher my daughter has had in the 6 years she has been attending OV has been stellar. Her testing scores continue to go up each year; and I'm highly impressed with the caring and nurturing nature of the school.

Posted October 24, 2013
My daughter has been going to Ocean View Elementary since Kindergarten. I absolutely Love the school. Every year she has a Great Teacher and she learns so much. I thank all the Teachers and staff that work at Ocean View.

Posted September 26, 2013
School is a very good school! my daughter is in 5th grade and has attended since Kindergarten...

Posted June 28, 2012
fought and fought with the East Whitter City School District to get my son released so he could attend Ocean View. It was worth it!!!! My son just finished kinder with Mrs. Dement and I couldn't be happier with his success. GREAT teacher!!!! GREAT school!!!

Ocean View Elementary School 3

Posted June 10, 2011
My son attended private school. I was very afraid to make the change to a public school but I am glad I chose Oceanview Elementary. I am happy with the results. Thank You

Ocean View Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2011
my child attened OV elementary becuase we heard great things about the school but we found it to be the complete opposite. My child is now attending a new elementary school and we could not be happier. On several ocassions I inquired about after school tutoring or any other programs that were offered by OV and i come to find out there was none. There was no after school programs for the students academic or athletic. The Admin needs to take courses/training for people skills espcially the principal and they also need to take courses on how to accept children from different ethnic backgrounds. I would not recomend OV. BEWARE of the admin!!!

Posted January 04, 2011
I used to be a Student there, Now I'm in high school and in a differen't city but, The time I had here was great. If you're new to the area I reccomend this school. The staff is really polite and nice to everyone, and they're easy to talk to if you're kid is a shy guy, like I was.

Ocean View Elementary School
14359 East Second Street, Whittier, CA  90605
Last modified Ocean View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ocean View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews.