Jordan Elementary School 1

Posted August 21, 2014
My two kids started coming here last year a week after school started and were not even welcomed by principal Montgomery. The secretary explained to her they were new students and she just walked away to her office. Another bad incident was when I had to pick up my son early from school for a doctors appointment. I signed in the office and the secretary told me to just go in and get him because he was having lunch. I felt like anyone could just walk in and take any child. A third incident was when my son fell and had blood on his knee. He asked his teacher Desmond for a band aid and she said the didn't have any. Communication was horrible as well

Posted October 03, 2013
I transfered my daughter to the school district to begin her 2nd grade and it has been the most rewarding experience for her. Mrs. Fonti is EXCEPTIONAL!!!! Mrs. Castillo is doing an incredible job with her class this year that it makes me so thankful to have moved. She had a fantastic K and 1st grade experience at her old school and learned all of the necessary building blocks to excel. I cannot rave enough about the education she is receiving and cannot wait to enroll my youngest into the K program. THANK YOU!!!!

Jordan Elementary School 3

Posted October 29, 2009
My daughter is in 6th grade now, this is an ok school; the reason why its because there is still a few mean teachers left.There is a new Principal, Mrs. Montgomery and she is great, I had an issue with my daughter's teacher last year and she adress it right away and in a very kind matter. I think kids should be treated with kindness and they should be happy to go to school. Most of the teachers are nice but like I said there are still a few mean ones in Jordan, whenever the school year is about to begin my daughter and her friends are always wondering if they will get a nice or a mean teacher in Jordan, I think its just not fair, they shouldn't have to be stresing about that. Now they also have great teachers like Mrs. Sachs, Mrs. Fonti, just to name a few.

Jordan Elementary School 4

Posted August 25, 2009
Our principal Mrs. Montgomery is beginning her third year at Jordan. She has brought back student leadership as well as after school assistance programs. The teachers here are very caring and do their best to meet the needs of each individual child. The Spirit program starts their second year and has really taken off. School spirit items are available for purchase and all proceeds go back to the kids. Spirit spots (animal print) has been adopted for Spirit Fridays and the kids are doing great. PTA just gave the school TV's and DVD's for each classroom to assist with more educational programs and curriculm. The parent support group is good here. PTA is always looking to include more people to help make the school better. Very positive!

Posted June 21, 2006
The Independent Study Program offered through Jordan is an awesome program! My son has just completed his second year. Miss Russell has taught at Jordan for over 25 years, and has started the program from the ground up. She is inspirational, motivated and highly dedicated to her students in the program. I would recommend this type of learning if you are able to give a lot of time to your child/children. The school supplies all of the textbooks and supplies needed, including Miss Russell's lesson plans and guidance. The parent is the teacher and there is much more freedom than the traditional classroom. Every Thursday the students meet together for a lesson from Miss Russell, along with library and computer classes. There is also a once-a-month field trip. which is often nature based. I would never send my son back into a traditional class after this wonderful learning experience.

Jordan Elementary School 3

Posted February 23, 2005
- a former student
This school was fun but, I think the noon duty aids could be a little nicer. There was not many extra curricular activities, just band, art, and a small p.e. program. there is a pta.

Posted December 04, 2004
This school is really great. Mr. Brown, the principal is very involved.

Jordan Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2003
Communication between School/Faculty and Parents is incredibly bad. Parents are only informed of problems and situations after they have developed rather that 'nipping it in the bud'.

Jordan Elementary School
10654 Jordan Road, Whittier, CA  90603
Last modified Jordan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jordan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top