Whittier, CA

Lydia Jackson Elementary School 5

Posted August 14, 2014
Lydia Jackson has a new principal this school year. The staff and myself completed training for AVID (Advancement via Individual Determination) right before this school year. We are working towards being certified as a AVID Academy in a couple of years. The staff is committed and has faith that each student that attends our school have the necessary foundation and faith in themselves to continue to middle school and be college ready when they graduated from High School. We have increased our score on the past California State Standards Test well over 300 points. We scored 800 and 795 for the past two reporting years. The staff is very dedicated to serving our students and community.

Lydia Jackson Elementary School 1

Posted August 16, 2013
My daughter just started kindergarten here its only been her 3rd day and I already want her out (if only it was easy to transfer). My daughters teacher, I've got nothing but positive comments about. As for the principal that woman is what makes me want my daughter out,she is forever yelling the teachers even look scared of her can you imagine our children? As it is for most of these kindergartens school is new to them,they come in scared,some even crying. They want to see a nice face and be talked nice to so they can feel comfortable and a little better about staying,they dont need to see or hear this mean lady that obviously doesn't know how to speak to children yelling at everyone,people like her shouldn't be working with children..this school is not family friendly at all!

Lydia Jackson Elementary School 2

Posted September 30, 2012
My daughter was there for 3 years & did OK until she entered 3rd grade. She started failing even though I had tutors for her. I even held back from working to help her. She started acting out negatively. The teacher suggested I sign her up in counseling suggesting that is was a problem maybe at home. We attended the counseling til summer was over. I moved & now she attends Niel Armstrong Elementary. What a difference in her attitude & learning! At Lydia I heard about her failing in the last semester of school! At Armstrong I knew only 3 weeks into the school year. She brought over some bad habits from Lydia & wasn't used to her teacher at Armstrong checking her! At Lydia I made a weekly progress report to be more involved & help with My daughter, I never received the reports back. Not pointing fingers because I don't really know the problem there. I will just say that Lydia classes are over filled with students. Her teacher was not able to be as involved and my daughter barley made it through. I'm able to work p/t now too. My daughter is doing so much more better & her attitude has changed drastically. Mrs Keo 1st and Mrs Gonzalez 2nd grd were great teachers & my baby did well!

Lydia Jackson Elementary School 5

Posted October 02, 2010
This is in regard to the parent of the two girls from the so called private school in Mexico, unless you are willing to bring up your daughters up in a plastic bubble maybe it's time to move back to that perfect private school in Mexico. My child attends Jackson I am more concerned with the fantastic education my child receives than what a person on yard duty looks like looks like. As long as the tattoos are not obscene or offensive.Children will be expose to tattoos whether it be a custodian, yard duty,parent volunteer and yes even a teacher. Keep up the good work Jackson Staff.

Lydia Jackson Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2010
My daughters have only been in this school for 3 months. They come from a bilingual private school in Mexico; it is within th 50 best schools in all the country and I have always believed that the education in the US is excellent and that my daughters can continue having the best education here, but it has been a shock for both my daughters an myself to be at Lydia Jackson. I believe that every person involved in school is a role model and having people with tatoos and peircings on their face being in charge of yard duty is not appropriate for kids at that age. I have asked for help to make the adapting process for my daughters easier but I still see no change. My girls have been picked and have lostinterest in school. I honestly do not see interest from the school staff.

Lydia Jackson Elementary School 4

Posted December 20, 2009
I totally and completely agree the parents were terrible and needed some corner time, but parents aside we love my daughters kinder teacher Ms Assaad, my daughter loves to learn and is brighter everyday, we just need to work the parent thing out, because they behaved like horrible children I was really amazed, How can we change it

Lydia Jackson Elementary School 4

Posted December 15, 2009
My daughter is in Kinder and her teacher Ms Keo is great! She has learned so much and is challenged to learn more than expected which is great. I love the principal and think she is exactly what the school needs. We attended the winter program today and its sad that the parents listen worse than the children!

Lydia Jackson Elementary School 3

Posted September 21, 2009
My daughter is in kindergarten: I like her teacher very much. I went one day and saw that the teacher started off the day with some quiet relaxing stretch exercises. This seem to calm the students down and get them ready for the day. I have put my name down to volunteer for all the classroom needs. I will start in October. I will come back and write a review on that experience. My daughter has seem to grow emensly academically since she started this school. I like that it is a small campus easier to keep track of what is going on and not to over whelming for the little ones

Lydia Jackson Elementary School 0

Posted July 26, 2009
I was surprised to see that my daughters teacher was very involved and helped me stay involved. I dont know what to expect from the future teachers, however I do believe that parent involvement is crucial to the success of each student. Parent involvement is very crucial in homework if your child is going to do well. I konw that working parents have a hard time, but teachers are not baby sitters and they have a full class to have teach everyday and can not give personal attention to those students who are below average in learning capabilities. my suggestion is that phone numbers be exchanced and emails if possible to stay in contact with teachers and the progress of your child. I like this school. It struggles with money for feild trips and extra curricular activities, but over-all it is a descent school.

Lydia Jackson Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2009

Lydia Jackson Elementary School
8015 South Painter Avenue, Whittier, CA  90602
Last modified Lydia Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lydia Jackson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top