Whittier, CA

Mill Elementary School 1

Posted March 11, 2015
This school is in desperate need of funding and staff changes starting with the principal. She is new to the school and under qualified. Although numerous complaints have been made regarding the school schedule, parking, school traffic, updates from teachers, she does not see this as her problem or responsibility. The teachers, bless their hearts, have more students than they can handle. I rarely get a response back from the teacher when I have written a note. In fact on the last day of school a note for the ANOTHER CHILD was pinned on my child. The fact that they hadn't learned his name in the entire school year was alarming to me.

Mill Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2015
This school definitely needs improvement it does not offer a mild to moderate class and children with special needs and have to be segregated at a nearby school called LongFellow. No reason why we have to pay such high taxes and this school does not offer a class that they are entitled to have at their home school.

Posted August 07, 2014
Excellent, Principal, Staff, Parent Involvement, great programs, Happy kids. I am so excited to be part of PTA and contribute with such a great school, best in Whittier

Posted June 22, 2014
mill is an awesome school! enough said! The kinder kids are reading. lots of homework and projects. they definitely keep the kids busy busy busy ad the music program amazing!!! i love mill its an excellent school!

Posted June 23, 2012
Mill School and Technology Academy is an ecellent school. The amount of technology at Mill, beyond surpasses that of any other school in the city of Whittier. From Smartboards to microphone necklaces that amplify a teachers voice to be heard anywhere in the classroom, to ipod touches, every child and their unique needs are being met with the aid of these technological learning devices. Not to mention, this next school year will be the 3rd year of students to participate in the 1 to 1 Apple laptop program, in which each student has the opportunity of owning their very own laptop. Words cannot explain what my child can do and so quickly on the laptop. Keynote, Podcasts, Comic Life, Pages, and Garage Band are just a few programs and applications that our 3rd, 4th,and 5th graders at Mill are using. As to the homework comment made below, September is much too early in the school year to note lack of homework. I have 2 children at Mill, one of which has been there 5 years and lack of homework has never been an issue. There is a high expectation on reading and mathematics. Lastly, Mill students are exposed to and learn about famous artists in their monthly Art Masters program.

Mill Elementary School 2

Posted March 25, 2011
Some teachers are mean. The people who work in the office are super nice though.

Posted September 22, 2009
Mill school is an excellent school. I feel so lucky that my daughter is able to attend Mill. The principal is very involved and the teachers are great! they help the students with their weak areas and help them improve. My daughter has been attending here for 4 years!

Posted March 26, 2009
Our son has been attending Mill School for two years and we have witnessed his academic and social growth. He has had two fabulous teachers who are strong instructional leaders. They both worked hard to meet the needs of our child who is a struggling learner. Our son receives intervention to help him in the areas of math and language arts and they even have Boy Scout Meetings on Tuesdays. The principal takes pride in the school and does whatever it takes to help all children. She even speaks in Spanish! I could not be prouder to be a Mill Parent!

Posted July 24, 2008
Mill School has become Mill School and Technology Academy. My friends and I attend school meetings and find out all the latest things going on at the school. We had the opportunity to go into almost every classroom to see first hand the technoloy available to our children. I haven't heard of many schools who have Smart Boads which are like interactive hi tech white boards hooked up to the teachers laptop. The teachers also have small microphones they hang around their necks that are hooked up to surround sound systems that are installed in each of the classrooms. There is so much more that I encourge parents to go in to see first hand. My daughter is so lucky to attend a great little school like Mill.

Posted February 05, 2008
Mill school has a small town school feel. Every staff member loves the children and shares the values parents find important. It also offers excellent academic instruction through the use of cutting-edge technology. The parent community and teachers are supportive and helpful.

Mill Elementary School
4030 South Workman Mill Road, Whittier, CA  90601
Last modified Mill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top